ALL Escalator/Elevator/Excavator related accidents!

Little_prince

But still should have set some buffer.. Not what exactly 4 person x 67.5kg..

Meaning, the effective load can carry say 270kg to be displayed on the lift. However that should not be the max load. Set buffer and have max load that can carry of say a factor of 1.5 times and that will be 405kg. Of coz the sensor should still work to activate at 275kg, but just in case the sensor is not working, at least there is buffer for it.

even if there is a buffer, do you do your own calculations? I do, we often count and each call out their weigh to confirm total not exceed before we close the door [laugh]

this specific lift is too suffocating to squeeze more than 4, the woman who injured in the incident is 150kg.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

even if there is a buffer, do you do your own calculations? I do, we often count and each call out their weigh to confirm total not exceed before we close the door [laugh]

this specific lift is too suffocating to squeeze more than 4, the woman who injured in the incident is 150kg.

Mrs @enye?

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Too many bui bui

No wonder simi mah breakdown :XD:

Finally found the root cause to all the breakdown liao?!  [rolleyes]

Supersonic

Finally found the root cause to all the breakdown liao?!  [rolleyes]

They will never admit it is a weight issue because then it will mean the MRT is overcrowded and someone screwed up by letting too many people in.

Supersonic

They will never admit it is a weight issue because then it will mean the MRT is overcrowded and someone screwed up by letting too many people in.

Someone did not screwed up by letting too many people in, but most probably screwed up by letting too many bui bui in?! Lol.  :secret-laugh:

Supersonic

I remember lift use to make noise when overloaded and we will make fun of the last guy to step in.

Now lifts don't care about overloading ?

Supersonic

I remember lift use to make noise when overloaded and we will make fun of the last guy to step in.

Now lifts don't care about overloading ?

The older lifts do give warning sounds and won't close the door if overloaded.

Do the modern ones still have such measures, or do they actually can take a bit more of the stated weight?

Turbocharged

I am sure all the safety features are per-requisites before the certificate to operate is issued. The problem is, the certificate is issued based on the endorsement by the QP. Did the QP witness and verify before he endorse?

Even if he had verified, was that lift maintained according to manufacturer guide? In cases, where the lift was supposed to have been just serviced a day before. if this so and such major defect is not detected, surely the licencing body should take action against the company. If they cannot do their job properly, QP signing for such company should also be taken to task.

If you don't hold people responsible for certifying safety to task, then don't give false impression the lift has pass safety tests.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

I heard that this type of lift is installed for those walk up HDB flat (with 4 floors only)?

Wonder why did they squeeze into the lift instead of using the stairs.  4 stories is not very high.

Supersonic

I heard that this type of lift is installed for those walk up HDB flat (with 4 floors only)?

Wonder why did they squeeze into the lift instead of using the stairs.  4 stories is not very high.

If there is lift available, people would choose to take lift even 2 floors. Lol.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

If there is lift available, people would choose to take lift even 2 floors. Lol.

Ya, quite true, I always see people taking lift and exit one floor after in shopping mall even though there's escalator. No wonder there are so many fat people around [laugh] [laugh]

I am an impatient person so I will usually use the stairs if it is few floors.  I dun like to wait one.

Ya, quite true, I always see people taking lift and exit one floor after in shopping mall even though there's escalator. No wonder there are so many fat people around [laugh] [laugh]

I am an impatient person so I will usually use the stairs if it is few floors.  I dun like to wait one.

My company occupy two floors in the building. Most of them take lift just to go one floor up or down. [:|]  I always take the stairs.

• Praise 3

My company occupy two floors in the building. Most of them take lift just to go one floor up or down. [:|]  I always take the stairs.

When i was young, i used to take the stairs to/from my 6th-floor flat. I think that helped my leg muscle  [laugh]

(actually it started becos those days lifts were more prone to malfunctioning, so i small boy scared scared  :XD: )

But now old liao plus knee got old injury, so i avoid stairs unless really no choice.

And I remember @Lala81 saying that stairs are bad for the knees, and that all the ortho surgeons will take lifts... so that supports my choice too.

so yes, i've moved to taking lift even for one floor...  [sweatdrop]

Hypersonic

When i was young, i used to take the stairs to/from my 6th-floor flat. I think that helped my leg muscle  [laugh]

(actually it started becos those days lifts were more prone to malfunctioning, so i small boy scared scared  :XD: )

But now old liao plus knee got old injury, so i avoid stairs unless really no choice.

And I remember @Lala81 saying that stairs are bad for the knees, and that all the ortho surgeons will take lifts... so that supports my choice too.

so yes, i've moved to taking lift even for one floor...  [sweatdrop]

i only climb 1 storey usually. beyond that, i would take the lift.

↡ Advertisement