Ssanyong Tivoli

Clement

hi.. yours diesel version ? auto or manual ?

Bro, I'm just into my 3rd week...so far is only 500km...light footed too. It gradually improve or since day one you achieved those numbers? 

Ya I love the ride. Mine is the compact version. However, the only thing I dislike is the AD and that's all...don't want to elaborate too much. 

↡ Advertisement

hmm .. for a XLV diesel priced at 126k and 133k , wouldn't it be more better to look at Tucson Diesel and Tucson 1.6T-GDI 

I'd recommend the Infiniti Q30, the Forester XT (turbo with over 200bhp) and the Mitsubishi Outlander with spare change. They are crazy to price it at that level. Unless that is only the posted price and it's a much discounted price when you go down and actually buy it. The Korean won has been stable for some time and I don't see any Mercedes tech in there that warrant a license fee that drives up the price etc.

I'd recommend the Infiniti Q30, the Forester XT (turbo with over 200bhp) and the Mitsubishi Outlander with spare change. They are crazy to price it at that level. Unless that is only the posted price and it's a much discounted price when you go down and actually buy it. The Korean won has been stable for some time and I don't see any Mercedes tech in there that warrant a license fee that drives up the price etc.

Even cheaper is the Mitsubishi ASX 2L (now $105,999).

If you do not need 7 seater Outlander, the 5 seater ASX will do nicely.

Not many ASX on the road in S'pore, unlike Forester and Outlander.

And cheaper than Forester and Outlander.

Seriously under-rated car.

XLV is nice but noticed that its its ride height and ground clearance is not as high as tucson , sportage and other compact suvs  and even though the wheels can be upgraded to 18" ..its still look smaller than the others

Thought that that was the main attraction of the Tivoli i.e. it is a smaller compact SUV.

Not everyone likes a taller larger SUV.

Would have bought it, if not for the negative feedback about the AD and the 1.6L engine.

Looking for 2.0L engine.

cvt with a underpower 2l engine leh ....

Have u driven it before?

It is not underpowered and the CVT is not as bad as it is made out to be.

Don't write it off, if u never tried it

i'm only interested in the XLV with 1.6 diesel version . I would have gone further if not for the uncertain future of the diesel tax that may be reveal next year budgets.

yup tried the ASX and dun like it and also owned 2010 tucson before .. hence its my own opinion that i felt its under powered . 

Thought that that was the main attraction of the Tivoli i.e. it is a smaller compact SUV.

Not everyone likes a taller larger SUV.

Would have bought it, if not for the negative feedback about the AD and the 1.6L engine.

Looking for 2.0L engine.

Have u driven it before?

It is not underpowered and the CVT is not as bad as it is made out to be.

Don't write it off, if u never tried it

u mean the XLV ... ya felt that too .. unless you are looking to get a manual gear suv ...which is the only brand that carries a manual version .

I went to see. Price totally turned me off. Many better offerings for the money.

i'm only interested in the XLV with 1.6 diesel version . I would have gone further if not for the uncertain future of the diesel tax that may be reveal next year budgets.

yup tried the ASX and dun like it and also owned 2010 tucson before .. hence its my own opinion that i felt its under powered . 

Wow, if you find Tucson/ASX under powered, then the only way for you to get that kind of engine power (without buying diesel) is to spend big bucks on Conti makes e.g. Porsche Macan S or Volvo XC60. Of course, the engine power is way better than ASX as they are turbo charged.

Way beyond the budget of most SUV buyers. Jap makes, Subaru Forester XT (2L Turbo) also has more power and Lexus SUVs. There are others, the sky is the limit depending on your budget.

But seriously, even the Tivoli 1.6L petrol / Subaru XV 1.6L is popular with S'poreans, and they are way more under powered than the Tucson/ASX.

haha ..those conti makes ..i cannot afford ..but with that price on XLV .. i rather look at the new tucson 1.6 T-GDI

Wow, if you find Tucson/ASX under powered, then the only way for you to get that kind of engine power (without buying diesel) is to spend big bucks on Conti makes e.g. Porsche Macan S or Volvo XC60. Of course, the engine power is way better than ASX as they are turbo charged.

Way beyond the budget of most SUV buyers. Jap makes, Subaru Forester XT (2L Turbo) also has more power and Lexus SUVs. There are others, the sky is the limit depending on your budget.

But seriously, even the Tivoli 1.6L petrol / Subaru XV 1.6L is popular with S'poreans, and they are way more under powered than the Tucson/ASX.

u mean the XLV ... ya felt that too .. unless you are looking to get a manual gear suv ...which is the only brand that carries a manual version .

Yes, was looking at manual gear. But then a forester xt is much more worth it. In the end, it's a huge risk to go with ssyangyong.

i think Ssangyong is quite ok ... they are one of the largest korean car makers  with long history of making suvs ...its just that its not popular in this place  besides . forester XT heard its quite heavy on petrol .

(edited)

i think Ssangyong is quite ok ... they are one of the largest korean car makers  with long history of making suvs ...its just that its not popular in this place  besides . forester XT heard its quite heavy on petrol .

All Subaru vehicles are AWD, definitely FC is quite heavy compared to 2WD.

There is nothing wrong with the Ssangyong SUV, but think the AD is not so good.

That may be a deciding factor for some buyers.

Edited by Clement

ya true also ..AD is also another factor 

All Subaru vehicles are AWD, definitely FC is quite heavy compared to 2WD.

There is nothing wrong with the Ssangyong SUV, but think the AD is not so good.

That may be a deciding factor for some buyers.

Neutral Newbie

Hi there guys,

I wanna know more of you guys owning the Tivoli. Just bought one recently and found out that there are no existing facebook, forum or whatsapp group.

Gonna gather some people here, lets start from whatsapp group. Chat me up and we will start a whatsapp group together! My number is 9six5six42fivefive. Thanks!

hi .. yours is the XLV version ? manual or auto ? ..hows the ride ? 

am interested in getting a xlv version ..thanks

Hi there guys,

I wanna know more of you guys owning the Tivoli. Just bought one recently and found out that there are no existing facebook, forum or whatsapp group.

Gonna gather some people here, lets start from whatsapp group. Chat me up and we will start a whatsapp group together! My number is 9six5six42fivefive. Thanks!

↡ Advertisement