Thread to Show Crowd Situation at Car Show Room

Bkling

Why you equate having baby and buying car like mutually inclusive?

No car cannot have baby?

It's an example, see my wording. chill.

Anyway, I see many friends buying cars because of their family needs. It's really alot easier having own transport than our super reliable and spacious public transport.

Likewise previously I was contemplating of giving up driving as my old ride was expiring but I still gave in to buy a new ride because of family needs.i have a young family.

Edited by Ivan_06
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Nothing wrong with visiting the showrooms even with no intention to change car

Because one might b finally enticed to change when the right offer comes along

I know because I changed when I visited the showroom to pass time. My car had 1 year left and road tax and insurance already renewed

😂

indeed nothing wrong with visiting... but I am one of the kind who will usually stop keeping in touch with things once I buy... like handphone, computer parts (go SLS poison sia) or whatever... lest get itchy

• Praise 3

It's an example, see my wording. chill.

Anyway, I see many friends buying cars because of their family needs. It's really alot easier having own transport than our super reliable and spacious public transport.

Likewise previously I was contemplating of giving up driving as my old ride was expiring but I still gave in to buy a new ride because of family needs.i have a young family.

No car still can have baby la, public transport + taxis still doable,

We are all spoilt.

• Praise 5

This is post #23 and still no one has posted any of the information suggested by TS.

If newbies do their homework by reading thread and posts from way back to 2013/2014, they will have a general sense of how these forums works and the personalities that dominate them.

Attempts to solicit hard data will be rebuffed, circumvented or even worse, tampered data will be presented. Ask the guy who start a poll for how much the forumers here will pay for a car.

Back in 2013, the bulls and the bears have field days where they argue it out. However, history has mostly gone against the bulls, and their credibility has seriously been dented. Have they thought about the way they are managing the mass comm is self-damaging?

These posts will end up been dominate by small cliques of similar voices, and lose relevancy.

The bulls don't want people to think, just join the herd and stampede into the car showrooms. [laugh] (Terrible pun intended)

This means that data and thinking must be stopped. [smash]

I don't bother to go to the showroom anymore so I cannot help. Ask again in 2016.

• Praise 2

I have more faith in your analysis over predicting the COE price by seeing the number of people at the showroom.

One is based on data with stated assumptions. The other one is based on anecdotal evidence.

It is only natural for us to want to stretch our money and I applaud your effort and time. Beyond saving money, you also acquire certain analytical reasoning and skills.

The worst type is speculating based on emotional factors like election, ghost month, number of people at the showroom. Despite your data showing little or reverse effect, these people continue to turn a blind eye and spread illogical and unsupported factors.

You, I respect. The other group of people, I giggle.

This is post #23 and still no one has posted any of the information suggested by TS.

If newbies do their homework by reading thread and posts from way back to 2013/2014, they will have a general sense of how these forums works and the personalities that dominate them.

Attempts to solicit hard data will be rebuffed, circumvented or even worse, tampered data will be presented. Ask the guy who start a poll for how much the forumers here will pay for a car.

Back in 2013, the bulls and the bears have field days where they argue it out. However, history has mostly gone against the bulls, and their credibility has seriously been dented. Have they thought about the way they are managing the mass comm is self-damaging?

These posts will end up been dominate by small cliques of similar voices, and lose relevancy.

The bulls don't want people to think, just join the herd and stampede into the car showrooms. [laugh] (Terrible pun intended)

This means that data and thinking must be stopped. [smash]

I don't bother to go to the showroom anymore so I cannot help. Ask again in 2016.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Ah come on bro Lim, I did give anecdotal (even if not systematic) view on how busy the showrooms seemed the last week :TT_TT:

I don't take photos of showrooms but I visited a few during the week. Each day have usually got someone sitting down and there are buyers... at least if the stocks of colors are disappearing

Even weekdays got potential customers and on Sat even some of the minor dealers were fairly populated (though obviously not as much as those big movers like Mazda)

You are wasting a lot of people's time. I know your time is cheap but that doesn't mean other people's time is.

Do them a favour, avoid the showrooms for now. 2 years still some time, you test drive now and do comparison also no point, by then have more new car launches.

Dont like that leh. Ppl's favorite pasttime. How can you deprive them of leisure... lol

Turbocharged

Predict COE by collecting showroom crowd data ?

Should be the other way round.

The price of COE will determine whether showrooms are crowded or not . Drop 5k only , all go CHIONG AH !

Visit showrooms one may. But if you do not have any slightest intent of buying, just visit and look see, do not waste the sales person's time and test drive. More so when there is a crowd in the showroom. A bit 自动 will be good for the salespersons.

Edited by Latio2005A
  • Praise 3

Ah come on bro Lim, I did give anecdotal (even if not systematic) view on how busy the showrooms seemed the last week :TT_TT:

I don't take photos of showrooms but I visited a few during the week. Each day have usually got someone sitting down and there are buyers... at least if the stocks of colors are disappearing

Even weekdays got potential customers and on Sat even some of the minor dealers were fairly populated (though obviously not as much as those big movers like Mazda)

Hi Bro... for that I give thanks and praises... But our total coverage is insufficient to give good solid data. :a-m1212:

Me got fooled into thinking the rebound was going to start 2 auctions back base on some of the field reports on the conditions of showrooms. Turn out the rebound got delayed till last auction. :ouch-it-hurts:

last 2 weeks, went to showrooms to check out the promotion.

couldn't get a good deal so didnt commit.

now is 7th or ghost month, a lot of people like me will not go to showroom. so coe to go down?

my ex girl friend car is just over 5 years old, I can wait.

• Praise 1

Seventh month don't go showroom ? Lol. Children still go school anyway.

There is a Chinese proverb, if never do wrong things , midnight someone knock door you not afraid.

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 3

When to lexus last thursday for servicing from 9am to 1pm. Whole Morning only one couple in their mid fourties there. Saw them signing document.

Im walking in and out of the show room every one to two hrs, info to the best of my knowledge.

Hi Bro... for that I give thanks and praises... But our total coverage is insufficient to give good solid data. :a-m1212:

Me got fooled into thinking the rebound was going to start 2 auctions back base on some of the field reports on the conditions of showrooms. Turn out the rebound got delayed till last auction. :ouch-it-hurts:

hopefully, that rebound was a dead cat bounce.

Weekday every showroom is empty one.

not true leh. everyday at c&c merc will have people one and it's not those waiting for servicing but those looking at cars and talking to SEs :wacko:

not true leh. everyday at c&c merc will have people one and it's not those waiting for servicing but those looking at cars and talking to SEs :wacko:

why you go to c&c everyday

Seventh month don't go showroom ? Lol. Children still go school anyway.

There is a Chinese proverb, if never do wrong things , midnight someone knock door you not afraid.

there is also another Chinese proverb

不怕一万,只怕万一

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1