Thread to Show Crowd Situation at Car Show Room

Bkling

Maybe they cdont even know there is new models coming

Or

They believe there won't be any significant diff between the new n old. So they have hack care

People will buy old model if there is good discount. No point get old model and then new model come out at roughly same price. The buyer will be very upset. So I believe people really care whether new or old model.
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

People will buy old model if there is good discount. No point get old model and then new model come out at roughly same price. The buyer will be very upset. So I believe people really care whether new or old model.

New model by right should price much higher than old model la. Also some people might prefer old model since all problems resolved. New model might have some problems here and there. So if there is good discount on old model, i dont mind taking it if i am looking to buy that particular make/model.

In Singapore, the list price of the cars also depend on the COE premium.

I always feel that BM know the weakness of their buyers, so they how to close the deal without giving discount for old stocks

New model by right should price much higher than old model la. Also some people might prefer old model since all problems resolved. New model might have some problems here and there. So if there is good discount on old model, i dont mind taking it if i am looking to buy that particular make/model.

Bm will just need to sell the new altis higher to let their buyers think the older model is cheap

Not yet made any payment. Why ah? I got my coe last week at the second bid. So went down to select my leather seats, accessories etc, prep for car collection soon.

@Ct3833 call them today for? What i mean was there was no other people there buying car except me even just before their closing hours. Lol

oh, i see. 

My England also no good. i thought you went down at 5.30pm, and the shop is closed. 

The PI so good, not yet make any payment and they secured the COE for you already. 

Supersonic

All showrooms were like a ghost town over the weekend despite the drop in COE prices.

COE is expected to drop further in the 1st bid in July.

Some distributors placed bids only for the guaranteed COE schemes at the last bid. They expect COE prices to drop further and intend to cash in on the non guaranteed COE orders.

Ghost town? Maybe most people go overseas for holiday liao? Lol.

(edited)

COE price have been high two three years ago, plus many of the COEs were secured by PHV companies, not many individual buyers would want to commit, so when COE dropped suddenly during that period, many people would rush in to  buy cars. The situation currently is different, COE has been low for a while, there is no more excitement, many of those who have  wanted to buy have gone in and gotten their cars. Unless COE drop substantially lower than the current level or there is very attractive promo,   we should not expect to  see huge crowd.

Edited by Ct3833

oh, i see.

My England also no good. i thought you went down at 5.30pm, and the shop is closed.

The PI so good, not yet make any payment and they secured the COE for you already.

Oh paiseh. Confirm is my england no good. Made payment for the coe bidding only.
  • Praise 1

[laugh] aiyah, dont care lah, 

Just enjoy your new ride. 

Oh paiseh. Confirm is my england no good. Made payment for the coe bidding only.

• Praise 3

All showrooms were like a ghost town over the weekend despite the drop in COE prices.

COE is expected to drop further in the 1st bid in July.

Some distributors placed bids only for the guaranteed COE schemes at the last bid. They expect COE prices to drop further and intend to cash in on the non guaranteed COE orders.

yeah... seems market now is concentrating on Trump and India / Modi and it seems the economy is weak on both fronts. China AND India.

Already got analyst term as Bank-xiety for those banks that loan or go big in China and India.

But as SE will tell you, people buy cars dont need to look at economy one. Got means they will buy. No means also will buy, macham die die must have a car situation...

I know BS when I hear one.

COE price have been high two three years ago, plus many of the COEs were secured by PHV companies, not many individual buyers would want to commit, so when COE dropped suddenly during that period, many people would rush in to buy cars. The situation currently is different, COE has been low for a while, there is no more excitement, many of those who have wanted to buy have gone in and gotten their cars. Unless COE drop substantially lower than the current level or there is very attractive promo, we should not expect to see huge crowd.

So COE prices will be relatively unchanged at this level?
  • Praise 1

So COE prices will be relatively unchanged at this level?

Dont wait for too long,who knows when will be anohter PHV to come in and bid up COE again, and dont forget, there is plan to include taxi into COE bidding, it is not about when but sooner. Ministry of finance will probably not want LTA to keep the COE price at this level for too long.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Dont wait for too long,who knows when will be anohter PHV to come in and bid up COE again, and dont forget, there is plan to include taxi into COE bidding, it is not about when but sooner. Ministry of finance will probably not want LTA to keep the COE price at this level for too long.

Very well said! This deserves the "statement of the year" award.

Doubt COE prices will dive any further, even with the impending recession. If need a car, buy now.

• Praise 2

(edited)

with lack luster showroom traffic, I wonder if Agent will start selling cars at pasar malam again.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

I actually think many ppl want to buy but couldnt stomach the loss they have to bear for their existing cars.

• Praise 9

Supercharged

I been visiting showrooms since may. 3 bids since. The first huge drop time that wk. Cat a 37k i tink. Cant rem. Ya. Really like ghost town.

Then 27k car a wk. More crowded

Recent one also decent.

Imho

Showrooms visited.

1. Seat. Maybe weekday. Quiet

2. Volks. 2 times. Quiet both timez

3. Hyundai. Busy both times

4. Mazda. Busy all the time

5. Pi. Quiets. Hehe

6. Audi. See for fun. Quiet.

7. Kia. Moderate.

Shopping for company ride and a ride for my wife. End up commit last weekend.

Just feel price is rite. So commit bah.

• Praise 2

I been visiting showrooms since may. 3 bids since. The first huge drop time that wk. Cat a 37k i tink. Cant rem. Ya. Really like ghost town.

Recent one also decent.

Imho

Showrooms visited.

5. Pi. Quiets. Hehe

7. Kia. Moderate.

Ehhh..., your full time job is bixit showroom is it ?Haha.

Supersonic

Recent one also decent.

Imho

Showrooms visited.

5. Pi. Quiets. Hehe

7. Kia. Moderate.

Could be due to coe is low and yet car price still consider ex, thats why showroom quiet?!
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Could be due to coe is low and yet car price still consider ex, thats why showroom quiet?!

Absolutely spot on.

The drop in car prices is not in tandem with the drop in COE prices. Dealers margins are now higher.

This should also be an indication of the upcoming crowd situation in the showrooms. Many are just looking and feeling. Few are committing to an actual  purchase.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/brace-for-greater-economic-headwinds-as-global-uncertainties-11662164

Edited by Vinceng
↡ Advertisement