Thread to Show Crowd Situation at Car Show Room

Bkling

Yes I agree dealer margins are v high now. Look at say Audi, the A3 and Q2 are priced at 40% margin !

I wonât be changing cars in the until my current car is 9 years old, cheaper to fix faults than to buy a new car.

No choice have to increase margin...

All companies need to make a profit to sustain.

Last time many Coe, AD can sell more cars at lesser margin to get this profit.

Now Coe lesser, they sell less cars so have to increase margin to cover reduction in quantity to get back same profit

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Sinkies gotta be united. If nobody buy new car, these sharks eventually lan lan gotta reduced their selling price to a realistic level.

Yeah if don't cut price then if there is a freak COE results due to insufficient bids, they will have to cough up the rebates.

Hmmm... wonder if they can chao kuan and cancel bids at the last minute if they see a freak result is imminent?

No choice have to increase margin...

All companies need to make a profit to sustain.

Last time many Coe, AD can sell more cars at lesser margin to get this profit.

Now Coe lesser, they sell less cars so have to increase margin to cover reduction in quantity to get back same profit

Lesser profit can also cut pay, cut staff (sales, service etc, etc), shift to cheaper location etc. Charging high margins not the only way...

(edited)

Yeah if don't cut price then if there is a freak COE results due to insufficient bids, they will have to cough up the rebates.

Hmmm... wonder if they can chao kuan and cancel bids at the last minute if they see a freak result is imminent?

Lesser profit can also cut pay, cut staff (sales, service etc, etc), shift to cheaper location etc. Charging high margins not the only way...

Why do they have to cough out rebates ? You may have musunderstood the rebate mechanism . Edited by Ct3833

Turbocharged

Sinkies gotta be united. If nobody buy new car, these sharks eventually lan lan gotta reduced their selling price to a realistic level.

What u smoke? Let us know..

How national day crowd

I thought you are like me have crossed the bridge of driving COE car, still intend to change new car ? Haha.
  • Praise 1

PI sales person texted me today asking if I am still keen to buy. I think coe up, everyone play wait and see game.. lol..

Coe is going up, you se still ask you to buy?

PI sales person texted me today asking if I am still keen to buy. I think coe up, everyone play wait and see game.. lol..

If you want to buy, buy now, coe is still low comparing with the high seasons. The low is unlikely to come back any more.

Coe is going up, you se still ask you to buy? ð

SE always like that, COE low, should buy now. COE up, buy now before it goes higher. COE at all time high, can buy because won’t come down soon, so as far as they are concerned, there is no bad time to buy.
  • Praise 1

SE always like that, COE low, should buy now. COE up, buy now before it goes higher. COE at all time high, can buy because won’t come down soon, so as far as they are concerned, there is no bad time to buy.

cause their role is to earn commission, same as propertyagent

Just took a slow drive past the entire Leng Kee stretch. Toyota, Kia, Honda, VW, Volvo... Practically all showrooms are ghost towns.

Sales staff outnumber customers.

Just took a slow drive past the entire Leng Kee stretch. Toyota, Kia, Honda, VW, Volvo... Practically all showrooms are ghost towns.

Sales staff outnumber customers.

AD's had been too kiasu and raised prices more than the corresponding COE increase, expecting FOMO crowd bahaviour.

But the FOMO ones had been the AD's instead! lol!

Crowd staying away....

Yeah drive to JB and leave the car for servicing and take the shuttle to town for shopping and have dinner ànd pump petrol and drive back to sg

Sound like a good idea but difficult to deliver . Once the car kanna accident or rob then siao liao.

Saw the new v60 outside volvo showroom. T5 r design looks really nice. This one now on top of my next car list. But in 2 years time maybe

Volvos are good solid cars, but you need a deep pocket to maintain the car, and have the financial means to swallow a steep depreciation if you sell before the 10th year. Resale value is non existent.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3