Thread to Show Crowd Situation at Car Show Room

Bkling

Some ppl feel paying $40-50k to ADs makes the brand/car more 'premium'. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.  :D

all for the "feel good" factor, pay more means more luxury and more atas but they dont realise where they additional amount all goes to.

to pay for vip treatment, pay for luxury showroom that you will probably enter once or twice a year for servicing. probably visit the showroom more cause car always having niggling issues here and there. 

happy can already. 

↡ Advertisement

there was a period where the octavia was going for sub 90k but for the 1.0 turbo. for the specs and features, its one of the better conti cars and reliability for skoda is somewhat better as compared to entry level conti cars no doubt. Even the octavia 1.4 at sub 100k is pretty decent, whether its luxury or not.

i went to the showroom to take a look at it, although the shape looks like a mini skoda superb that gets squashed up but you get a huge boot that can fit 2 bodies + amazing interior space and finishing. 1.4 turbo + dsg = no horse run. was really tempted to get the skoda but i was worried for long term maintenance and I wasn't ready to sink too much $$ into a car here in SG. 

even though people will complain about the dsg reliability, that aside for sub 100k, will you buy an altis for close to 100k when you can buy a decent conti at the same price or even lesser? gotta say skoda is being smart with their pricing and in SG where bulk of the buyers are poor peasants who may/may not be stretching themselves to get a car for face just like how bulk stays in hdb, pricing is the most sensitive factor.  

If the person only look at or buy certain brand, no matter how much the car price is, people would still buy de. No right no wrong la.

If the person only look at or buy certain brand, no matter how much the car price is, people would still buy de. No right no wrong la.

just like how people prefer a certain brand but cant afford so end up buying the cheapest entry level car of that brand with a lack of features that even a b&b car has. 

an example is buying audi a1 just because you want the 4 circles branding but the interior is absolutely pathetic or getting A3 vs getting Octavia 1.4. getting an entry level conti for the brand is probably the worse decision when you can get a "luxury" jap/kimchi at the same price or even lesser. 

some people just dont realise that driving an entry level conti doesn't naturally upgrade your social status or give you an upgraded aura but deep down, people are just laughing and wondering what on earth are you thinking to spend so much...for an entry level conti. 

Edited by ferrytales

just like how people prefer a certain brand but cant afford so end up buying the cheapest entry level car of that brand with a lack of features that even a b&b car has. 

an example is buying audi a1 just because you want the 4 circles branding but the interior is absolutely pathetic or getting A3 vs getting Octavia 1.4. getting an entry level conti for the brand is probably the worse decision when you can get a "luxury" jap/kimchi at the same price or even lesser. 

some people just dont realise that driving an entry level conti doesn't naturally upgrade your social status or give you an upgraded aura but deep down, people are just laughing and wondering what on earth are you thinking to spend so much...for an entry level conti. 

Like you said, people buy a certain brand just because they want the atas branding, even though it is the lowest entry level model. Even the person buy the lowest and most basic model of an atas brand, afterall it is still an atas brand la.

Same like some people would say even you buy the highest spec of kimchi car, no matter what it is still a kimchi brand. Lol. So like i said, no right no wrong as long as the person happy can liao.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

all for the "feel good" factor, pay more means more luxury and more atas but they dont realise where they additional amount all goes to.

to pay for vip treatment, pay for luxury showroom that you will probably enter once or twice a year for servicing. probably visit the showroom more cause car always having niggling issues here and there.

happy can already.

Wah. You make me feel so bad. I work near some showrooms so I go there sometimes for the free coffee. And sometimes if I am free I go to the showrooms at Alexandra (free parking if you wanna know why I go there.

So can park there and go for lunch nearby).

I bought a Hyundai accent in 2017 but I have been prowling hyundai and other AD for the coffees and snacks and food (KMC got free lunch on weekends/Kah motor got biscuits).

I probably add to the crowd in the showrooms:D and yes I work weekends so I go there look see look see then also.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Dislike 1

Wah. You make me feel so bad. I work near some showrooms so I go there sometimes for the free coffee. And sometimes if I am free I go to the showrooms at Alexandra (free parking if you wanna know why I go there.

I bought a Hyundai accent in 2017 but I have been prowling hyundai and other AD for the coffees and snacks and food (KMC got free lunch on weekends/Kah motor got biscuits).

I probably add to the crowd in the showrooms:D and yes I work weekends so I go there look see look see then also.

So when are you going to change car?? Long time no hear news from you liao..

• Praise 1

His car 2 year old plus change car so fast? You plan to change car or not?  [:p]

Need to thank those who pay a premium for their cars else no free breakfast/meals!
  • Praise 1

Soon. You must understand my definition of soon. I was looking at my hyundai accent since 2013. I only buy in 2017. So now I look at Honda city. In theory I can plonk my money down tomorrow. Or 2027. Or never.

Like a conversation I had in the trans siberian. I asked a lady when do you want to go to china when she replied she always wanted to visit china (we were travelling from russia to europe).

Her answer? Next year.

I asked her last year what did you say

Her reply? Next year.

She has been saying next year for twenty years liao. Hahah

Need to thank those who pay a premium for their cars else no free breakfast/meals!

Iirc many years ago before the asian financial crisis Volvo had complimentary champagne instead of coffee. Hee. I last time would take mrt there to try their champagne before going for a swim at bukit merah swimming complex (did not own a car then).

I go Mercedes/audi/volvo showroom now dont have such things..... :( only salesgirls asking me which car am I interested in.

Edited by Philipkee

When I reach age 55 I might buy my dream car.. Subaru Levorg.

Ironically I actually have a dream car. Or rather had one. It's not the honda city. It's a BMW. Unfortunately or fortunately I drove my friend's father's one once from Woodlands to marina square and it was like very stressful for me. Cos it was very big and powerful. Not like my avante then.

After that I am careful about choosing powerful cars. In fact when I went to USA, I drove a Kia Rio once and kia soul even though they kept asking me to upgrade.

• Praise 1

Lol. People buy into luxury brands on maximum loans then park their luxury cars in HDB multistory carparks and return to their HDB flats which they will spend the rest of their lives paying off.

That kind of luxury they can keep. Luxury for me is being debt free!

Edited by Macrosszero
  • Praise 2

Like you said, people buy a certain brand just because they want the atas branding, even though it is the lowest entry level model. Even the person buy the lowest and most basic model of an atas brand, afterall it is still an atas brand la.

Same like some people would say even you buy the highest spec of kimchi car, no matter what it is still a kimchi brand. Lol. So like i said, no right no wrong as long as the person happy can liao.

Ya. It is the society in general - tested and proven - when I bought a 2nd hand bmw years ago, all my colleagues congratulated me. I told them it is nothing, just a 2nd hand. Their response - "It is still a bmw!" I am pretty sure I won't get the same response even I had bought a brand new 2 litre jap (Lexus is a different story) or kimchi. Sad but true.
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

No wonder sec hand BMWs are selling like hot cakes  [:p]

Probably many workshops would have congrat u too  [laugh]  

Ya. It is the society in general - tested and proven - when I bought a 2nd hand bmw years ago, all my colleagues congratulated me. I told them it is nothing, just a 2nd hand. Their response - "It is still a bmw!" I am pretty sure I won't get the same response even I had bought a brand new 2 litre jap (Lexus is a different story) or kimchi. Sad but true.

• Praise 10

Twincharged

Shallow people a plenty.
  • Praise 1

Ironically I actually have a dream car. Or rather had one. It's not the honda city. It's a BMW. Unfortunately or fortunately I drove my friend's father's one once from Woodlands to marina square and it was like very stressful for me. Cos it was very big and powerful. Not like my avante then.

After that I am careful about choosing powerful cars. In fact when I went to USA, I drove a Kia Rio once and kia soul even though they kept asking me to upgrade.

I guess so, powerful car not everyone could handle, i think i would also very stress if i drive one.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1