Thread to Show Crowd Situation at Car Show Room

Bkling

I dont mean to stand on moral high ground.

Why do we care or try to justify what others buy. If they can afford well and good and if they cannot and in time need to return car then it is their problem why argue like as if you are the one buying the car.

Why question other people's reason for buying whatever car, if they want to be a badge whore then let it?

Ultimate, in anything you buy it must meet your expectation and bring whatever it expect for you.

Why nobody question anybody why anybody is so stupid to be a Bentley? Road tax so high, maintenance so high, cannot any how park eg East Coast Park to piak piak, high depreciating value. Just because these people can afford so justify their absurd reasons to buy.

I think best to judge ourselves if we are buying because of a need, haolian factor, can afford, etc? I can never understand why we need to second guess and worse argue about other people's choice in buying car.

Because some people are jealous. They cannot afford it and will find ways to condemn others to make themselves feel good m
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Because some people are jealous. They cannot afford it and will find ways to condemn others to make themselves feel good m

describing yourself?

• Praise 3

I dont mean to stand on moral high ground.

Why do we care or try to justify what others buy. If they can afford well and good and if they cannot and in time need to return car then it is their problem why argue like as if you are the one buying the car.

Why question other people's reason for buying whatever car, if they want to be a badge whore then let it?

Ultimate, in anything you buy it must meet your expectation and bring whatever it expect for you.

Why nobody question anybody why anybody is so stupid to be a Bentley? Road tax so high, maintenance so high, cannot any how park eg East Coast Park to piak piak, high depreciating value. Just because these people can afford so justify their absurd reasons to buy.

I think best to judge ourselves if we are buying because of a need, haolian factor, can afford, etc? I can never understand why we need to second guess and worse argue about other people's choice in buying car.

I need to, because I must justify to my wife all the MCFers are buying new cars and are paying full cash, so I drive COE car is not so luxurious.

Speaking of this car cost table from LTA... Are the figures accurate?

I was looking at column (20) and (21) i.e. "Difference (without COE)" and "Difference (with COE)" respectively. AKA the "dealer margin" as many call it.

The general pattern is that (20) is higher than (21). Which implies that your carrot is less chopped if you buy from dealer with COE, correct?

However, I noticed that the pattern is opposite for Audi and Volvo, i.e. (21) is higher than (20). Does that mean that if you want an Audi or Volvo, it makes more economic sense to self-bid your COE?

Edited by boonhat_91
↡ Advertisement