Thread to Show Crowd Situation at Car Show Room

Bkling

I actually think many ppl want to buy but couldnt stomach the loss they have to bear for their existing cars.

more for those who have a car with high COE but still low paper value due to artificially low OMV (local fitting equipment) ... best example Subaru cars 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Supersonic

Absolutely spot on.

The drop in car prices is not in tandem with the drop in COE prices. Dealers margins are now higher.

This should also be an indication of the upcoming crowd situation in the showrooms. Many are just looking and feeling. Few are committing to an actual purchase.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/brace-for-greater-economic-headwinds-as-global-uncertainties-11662164

Believe dealers margins confirmed very high. Since coe below 30k and yet a jap car still can sell at 90k or more!

more for those who have a car with high COE but still low paper value due to artificially low OMV (local fitting equipment) ... best example Subaru cars

Yup! Subaru cars esp the turbo model are super overpriced! Both WRX and STI's OMV are under $30k yet MI priced both models at an insanely high price.
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Noticed that those cars purchased during the high COE era are being offered just the paper value or a few thousand bucks above paper value. Jia-lat.

The annual dep of these cars being sold in sgcarmart are much higher than that of a brand new car. Most are deregistered and exported or scrapped.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Ehhh..., your full time job is bixit showroom is it ?Haha.

Lol.... just the itch u know. For car enthusist. Molesting showroom cars is quite shiok leh. Hehe.

Also must have willpower. Which end day i dun. So turned to the dark side. Hehe.

Believe dealers margins confirmed very high. Since coe below 30k and yet a jap car still can sell at 90k or more! ð

Mazda 6 dealed at open cat to me last sat.

Quite surprised also. Today the sales came over collect bal cheque. Fri register car.

Next wk collect car.

All b4 this current bidding. Nice.

I believrd yes. They tink its a fair deal. They go ahead sell me.

3 cars signed though i only buy 1. My 2 other buddies psychoed by me lately also turned to daek side

Believe dealers margins confirmed very high. Since coe below 30k and yet a jap car still can sell at 90k or more! ð

Mazda 6 dealed at open cat to me last sat.

Quite surprised also. Today the sales came over collect bal cheque. Fri register car.

Next wk collect car.

All b4 this current bidding. Nice.

I believrd yes. They tink its a fair deal. They go ahead sell me.

3 cars signed though i only buy 1. My 2 other buddies psychoed by me lately also turned to dark side.

Wowo also!

I guess performance car sold by Tan Chong Group are crazily marked up, not only Subaru, Nissan GTR the same. They selling the GTR for $600k! Cost more than a brand new Maserati GT! What a joke!
  • Praise 4

Noticed that those cars purchased during the high COE era are being offered just the paper value or a few thousand bucks above paper value. Jia-lat.

The annual dep of these cars being sold in sgcarmart are much higher than that of a brand new car. Most are deregistered and exported or scrapped.

Yup, was looking at 2nd hand cars hoping to find some hidden gems but true enough because of the high coe leading to high depreciatio, really cannot justify.

Wowo also!

This is confirmed, like xc40, omv so low but selling price is very high.

Very well said! This deserves the "statement of the year" award.

Doubt COE prices will dive any further, even with the impending recession. If need a car, buy now.

Is car considered a need in spore?

Small country for them, they international business

New GTR is history already, times and market different since GTR was launched year 2008. It probably cost about half or less ten years ago.

We are talking abt AD's big fat profit margin here. A Nissan cost more than a Maserati? What a joke! lol [laugh]  [smash]

• Praise 7

I been visiting showrooms since may. 3 bids since. The first huge drop time that wk. Cat a 37k i tink. Cant rem. Ya. Really like ghost town.

Then 27k car a wk. More crowded

Recent one also decent.

Imho

Showrooms visited.

1. Seat. Maybe weekday. Quiet

2. Volks. 2 times. Quiet both timez

3. Hyundai. Busy both times

4. Mazda. Busy all the time

5. Pi. Quiets. Hehe

6. Audi. See for fun. Quiet.

7. Kia. Moderate.

Shopping for company ride and a ride for my wife. End up commit last weekend.

Just feel price is rite. So commit bah.

With the exception of PML. It was full house when I visited them for past 2 weekends...

Have pic but how to post via hp?

• Praise 1

I been visiting showrooms since may. 3 bids since. The first huge drop time that wk. Cat a 37k i tink. Cant rem. Ya. Really like ghost town.

Then 27k car a wk. More crowded

Recent one also decent.

Imho

Showrooms visited.

1. Seat. Maybe weekday. Quiet

2. Volks. 2 times. Quiet both timez

3. Hyundai. Busy both times

4. Mazda. Busy all the time

5. Pi. Quiets. Hehe

6. Audi. See for fun. Quiet.

7. Kia. Moderate.

Shopping for company ride and a ride for my wife. End up commit last weekend.

Just feel price is rite. So commit bah.

Nv go BM check it out?

Supercharged

Nv go BM check it out?

Nah. Haha. Shortlisted only some models and no toyota tis time. Though i rem yrs back when they had that rx200 which was nice.

Absolutely spot on.

The drop in car prices is not in tandem with the drop in COE prices. Dealers margins are now higher.

This should also be an indication of the upcoming crowd situation in the showrooms. Many are just looking and feeling. Few are committing to an actual purchase.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/brace-for-greater-economic-headwinds-as-global-uncertainties-11662164

Yes I agree dealer margins are v high now. Look at say Audi, the A3 and Q2 are priced at 40% margin !

I won’t be changing cars in the until my current car is 9 years old, cheaper to fix faults than to buy a new car.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Yes I agree dealer margins are v high now. Look at say Audi, the A3 and Q2 are priced at 40% margin !

I wonât be changing cars in the until my current car is 9 years old, cheaper to fix faults than to buy a new car.

Maybe also must depend what faults that the car have, and how often the faults occurred, cause some faults also not cheap to fix. Although some people might still think cheaper to buy a new car la.
  • Praise 2

I wonât be changing cars in the until my current car is 9 years old, cheaper to fix faults than to buy a new car.

Sinkies gotta be united. If nobody buy new car, these sharks eventually lan lan gotta reduced their selling price to a realistic level.
  • Praise 3

Sinkies gotta be united. If nobody buy new car, these sharks eventually lan lan gotta reduced their selling price to a realistic level.

I agree! We consumers always kena smoked left right centre by AD saying it don’t buy now, price will increase.
↡ Advertisement