Thread to Show Crowd Situation at Car Show Room

Bkling

Find the right dealer. Bring a friend who is experienced too.

I am definitely a noob in cars but I have gotten maybe 6+ cars over the years. The most I have spent is about $300+ to replace a starter for a 7 yr old mx5.

If we die die want honda and toyota, definitely need to pay more or the same per depreciation. In life, got money just spend it to solve problem, if like me got no money, then learn new things and ways to solve problem.

I refused to buy any used car with the same depreciations with the new ones. It is possible to buy used cars with lower depreciation even with brands like BMW. Lots of research and talking to people. Luckily, I enjoyed this process. At least everything is within my control in the whole process.

Beats praying for a lower COE every 2 weeks. Imagine every two weeks you have to be disappointed with the COE results for years. Like one person here who is hoping for COE to drop to 10k.

Used cars are indeed value for money if purchased the right one.

Problem with most of us is that technically we are noob and high chance of purchasing a lemon is there so unless you have a mechanic or know someone proficient in checking used cars, it's abit of a risk if you ask me unlike buying new cars which has warranty etc though admittedly even new cars like the infamous VW gearbox issue previously gives us heart aches as well.

Having said that, Used cars depreciation is almost equal to new cars these days unlike before so if you can afford the down payment, I would choose a new car for sure.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Yup buying a used car w same depre as a new one isn't a very good idea. Recently w the drop in Coe that's what's happening. Making new cars a lot more attractive

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Maybe SE want to see your driving skills? [laugh]

This SE must be either damn free or desperate cos most SEs won't bother to offer you test drive unless you show some signs of committing to buy. You already made it clear you not buying and he still offered to give you a test drive is indeed unusual. Anyway, you are not wasting SE's time in this case cos he volunteered to let you test drive.

No. You are only wasting petrol and contributing to global warming.

If not the SE will just be playing games on her HP.

Ok, to be fair, it's a weekday morning just 9am. They just opened. I'm the only "customer". :)

So maybe if want to test drive without wasting time, weekday is the way to go.

Ok, to be fair, it's a weekday morning just 9am. They just opened. I'm the only "customer". :)

So maybe if want to test drive without wasting time, weekday is the way to go.

I went on a weekend with at least 20 people in the showroom and SE also asked if I wanna do a test drive, even though I was giving a "see see look look" attitude. IMO no loss to them, each one that walks in may become a potential customer in future. When you decided to buy, you already have the pricelist with the SE HP number.

By the way I didn't test drive cos it would have wasted my time [laugh]

Edited by flashbang
  • Praise 4

I went to KM Honda to look at the HRV, the SE came to entertained us.

I say I only see see look look.

She ask want to testdrive? I told her but I'm not buying.

She say nevermind just test only no obligation. I say ok thks and when ahead.

Like that am I wasting SE's time?

this SE is smart.. the ones usually when free but don't induce test drive are missing out potential sales. Why sit around play iPhone games when can serve any potential customers?
  • Praise 1

I went to KM Honda to look at the HRV, the SE came to entertained us.

I say I only see see look look.

She ask want to testdrive? I told her but I'm not buying.

She say nevermind just test only no obligation. I say ok thks and when ahead.

Like that am I wasting SE's time?

No la. Is good what. Good service means next time got incentive to go back.

I think many people need to learn that.

• Praise 1

one AD SE told me they have a standby shift system

the regular shift will be at the showroom while standby shift machiam reservist

when the crowd gets bigger, sales manager may activate standby shift SEs to report back for showroom duty

this is so that no customers would be left waiting for SEs to serve them

:D

by the time the SE reported back to "camp" for duty, the customer already left.

By eye power...

I was deeply concerned on the last weekend of the 57k coe....when i saw the BM showroom like monday morning polyclinic.

• Praise 5

By eye power...

I was deeply concerned on the last weekend of the 57k coe....when i saw the BM showroom like monday morning polyclinic.

everybody loves a toyota! :D:D:D

By eye power...

No polyclinic scene spotted last weekend though.

• Praise 1

Nothing wrong with visiting the showrooms even with no intention to change car

Because one might b finally enticed to change when the right offer comes along

I know because I changed when I visited the showroom to pass time. My car had 1 year left and road tax and insurance already renewed

😂

I am in the same situation as you.

Go showroom to see see look look with no intention of comitting as car is left 1yr plus.

But I had a change of mind when the right car with the best deal came along.

Actually, when you are not in a desperate mood (like me), you are most likely able to bargain for the best deal cos you got nothing to lose.

I am in the same situation as you.

Go showroom to see see look look with no intention of comitting as car is left 1yr plus.

But I had a change of mind when the right car with the best deal came along.

Actually, when you are not in a desperate mood (like me), you are most likely able to bargain for the best deal cos you got nothing to lose.

so far Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Kia all giving pretty similar discounts even if you ask different salesmen. Quite tough. The most variable price quotation I've actually heard of would be with the BMW M car distributor.

Turbocharged

Honda has always been a brand that is supposed to be the type that "win you over" with test drive... due to VTEC and handling... maybe that's why

so far Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Kia all giving pretty similar discounts even if you ask different salesmen. Quite tough. The most variable price quotation I've actually heard of would be with the BMW M car distributor.

Car price is more or less there...

The variable is in the trade in price of your old car.

• Praise 1

Haha...might as well suggest have a live cam at showrooms for ts to see....

Haha...might as well suggest have a live cam at showrooms for ts to see....

• Praise 2

Honda has always been a brand that is supposed to be the type that "win you over" with test drive... due to VTEC and handling... maybe that's why

test drive how to open vtec?

Yea, test drive is quite lame. SE usually asks you to go one small round around, barely spend 5 minutes in the car. At least they should do a bigger lap like the driving test circuit so you can try all the turns and u-turn as well. Also add in one straight road to test acceleration [laugh]

↡ Advertisement