Thread to Show Crowd Situation at Car Show Room

Bkling

No wonder sec hand BMWs are selling like hot cakes [:p]

Probably many workshops would have congrat u too [laugh]

Whether it is worth the workshop trips, I leave it to each individual.
↡ Advertisement

this i support too, i always check out the LTA website for each AD's profit margin before deciding on the car I wanna buy. 

to pay for a car whereby AD earning anything above 30k to 40k profit per car sold is a joke. some people can still boast they get vip treatment such as pickup/drop off service, meals, luxury lounge blablah when they send their car in for servicing, like duh cause you paid for it!

then again for someone who doesn't think twice about paying anything above 150k for a car in SG, they are probably not that hard up for $$ anyway. 

profit margins for Audi/BMW/JAG/Mercs all minimum 40k and above. even mazda profit margin all above 20k, CX3 profit margin is 40k, what on earth! 

Care to share which car you bought in the end after checking?

• Praise 1

Care to share which car you bought in the end after checking?

Nothing to hide if u check my posts previously, I bought kimchi avante recently at 28k coe at 75k. Profit margin for kmc was around 75k - 28k - 33k. Deducting whatever expenses they incur, profit margin for them was 10k+/-.

Not promoting them but it was really bang for buck for the car at that pricing with omv 14k for s model.

Nothing wrong with owning a conti car to be fair but I just find it meaningless to own an entry level conti car with bare minimum features at a premium, if wanna go conti then go for at least the mid level since we alr gotta pay so much more. Worse off are those who just enter the workforce and go about buying an entry level conti at above 100k and stretching their finances with low dp and long loan term but of course, happy can already.

Esp those who purchase from PI, we all know PI sells cheaper but they also have better financing options allowing up to 10 years loan.

Edited by ferrytales
  • Praise 2

Nothing to hide if u check my posts previously, I bought kimchi avante recently at 28k coe at 75k. Profit margin for kmc was around 75k - 28k - 33k. Deducting whatever expenses they incur, profit margin for them was 10k+/-.

Not promoting them but it was really bang for buck for the car at that pricing with omv 14k for s model.

Nothing wrong with owning a conti car to be fair but I just find it meaningless to own an entry level conti car with bare minimum features at a premium, if wanna go conti then go for at least the mid level since we alr gotta pay so much more. Worse off are those who just enter the workforce and go about buying an entry level conti at above 100k and stretching their finances with low dp and long loan term but of course, happy can already.

Esp those who purchase from PI, we all know PI sells cheaper but they also have better financing options allowing up to 10 years loan.

Good choice  [thumbsup]

:D

Just commenting.

I have gotten this impression of European cars vs japanese/korean cars from ww2.

During ww2

Japanese planes - fuel efficient and longer range but poorly armored.

European/continental planes - fuel guzzlers with shorter range but of stronger built against bullets.

And so I feel

Japanese/korean cars - fuel efficient and able to travel longer distances on one tank but if something falls in your car easily dented.

Continental cars - fuel guzzlers and need to top up fuel often but in an accident less damage to your car.

So it depends on what you want. For me it makes more sense to have a Japanese/korean car while maybe for westerners who drive in the countryside in europe or USA a stronger car is important against wildlife attacks (for example).

Anyway back to topic. I dont think a crowded showroom is an indicator of good sales. If there is a crowd and people are seated at tables and singing away then it's a very good indicator of good sales.

this i support too, i always check out the LTA website for each AD's profit margin before deciding on the car I wanna buy. 

to pay for a car whereby AD earning anything above 30k to 40k profit per car sold is a joke. some people can still boast they get vip treatment such as pickup/drop off service, meals, luxury lounge blablah when they send their car in for servicing, like duh cause you paid for it!

then again for someone who doesn't think twice about paying anything above 150k for a car in SG, they are probably not that hard up for $$ anyway. 

profit margins for Audi/BMW/JAG/Mercs all minimum 40k and above. even mazda profit margin all above 20k, CX3 profit margin is 40k, what on earth! 

Actually, what is an acceptable profit margin to you? I'm not trying to defend the dealers, but they are also business and they also need to earn money what.

You are right that all those fancy stuff are paid for by the customers, but I think some people actually pay more BECAUSE they get all these treatment. It really boils down to individual priorities, and everyone wants different things.

When I reach age 55 I might buy my dream car.. Subaru Levorg.

When you reach 55, you may be more realistic by then because of your age, your spending priority will change, you may end up buying a very practical car. But that may not necessarily be a bad thing. I am speaking from my own experience. Of course if by then you would and still could well afford to buy your dream car, that will be the best outcome.for you. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 4

Wow ... so much discussion over whether Volvo is luxury brand or not.

Anyway, I think Volvo kinda priced themselves out with profit margins of 2~3x OMVs.

Buyers are not dumb, for this level of premium quantum, most would go for one of  the 1A2B Germans.  

Rationally, it just does not make economic sense to go for Volvo as it is still perceived to be below 1A2B.

Thus, we don't see that many Volvos around.

However, car buying is sometimes an emotional thing...

• Praise 1

If I'm not wrong, Volvo cars are going to be made in china moving forward. Singaporeans being singaporeans will definitely shy away when its "made in china".

• Praise 1

When you reach 55, you may be more realistic by then because of your age, your spending priority will change, you may end up buying a very practical car. But that may not necessarily be a bad thing. I am speaking from my own experience. Of course if by then you would and still could well afford to buy your dream car, that will be the best outcome.for you.

Very practical car? Like a toyota?  [:p]

With the re-introduction of skoda and aggressive mentality to build back this brand, skoda has cannibalize into the VW segment, thus affecting VW sales.i would put it as a "equivalent" 4 door proper sedan and a SUV which is priced lower den VW so eats into VW sale and that is why VW sales has dropped a lot. Of cos Skoda has also taken some off Volvo and maybe even Audi and caught those who not willing to pay exhorbitant prices for regular japanese makes. Pls also dun forget SEAT, also nibble a little off the regular brands.

Hyundai and Skoda la, doing a good Job for 2019!!!! Mercy, BMW, Audi has been consistent performers. Badly affected are Volvo, VW, Jaguar, Landrover in the continental range....somehow 3 brands come from same dealership WE@@@nes LOLOLOLOLOL

Hyundai always do well when the coe is low. You can see that even 10 years ago. Hyundai really can offer quite a good deal on their cars during low coe. Lol.

Very practical car? Like a toyota? [:p]

It depends on individual, if one likes Toyota, why not? or a Hyundai, Honda, whatever that fits his pocket lightly, no need to eat into his future retirement saving. It all depends in individual's financial ability. One who dreams to have a Panamera, a practical car could be a BM5 or E250.

By the way it is not a crime to own a Toyota. And I own one....COE car though.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

If I'm not wrong, Volvo cars are going to be made in china moving forward. Singaporeans being singaporeans will definitely shy away when its "made in china".

A Volvo is essentially a China branded Geely and a Jaguar is an India branded Tata if you know who own these companies.

Edited by Vinceng

I not so sure of that.

I know of people who buy into the idea of larger COE is better mentality as well as when the price is cheap, they start avoiding the car.

They probably have deep pockets that's why when coe was 80k, people were still buying cars!

I guess so, powerful car not everyone could handle, i think i would also very stress if i drive one. ð

Drive small cc car floor once a while more shiok. Rather than large cc keep tap accelerator.
  • Praise 1

S90 and XC60 are made in China

I have no hard stats, but from my own observation nowadays I see more Jags and Land/Range Rover than in past years.

Hyundai and Skoda la, doing a good Job for 2019!!!! Mercy, BMW, Audi has been consistent performers. Badly affected are Volvo, VW, Jaguar, Landrover in the continental range....somehow 3 brands come from same dealership WE@@@nes LOLOLOLOLOL

↡ Advertisement