Advises on Latio's repair ^^

Familymanz

Been years since I last surf here actively.....

Cannot tahan the new car price so thinking of extending existing 06 Latio for another 5 yrs....

The thingy is....

1) Aircon Compressor gone again (change ard 4 yrs back)..... aircon can only tahan 10mins before it start blowing hot air..... then switch off for a while.... can tahan a few mins before hot air again. no gas leak so, its likely the compressor issue yet again.... any recommended workshop?

2) Shock absorber seems to be gone.... car always dance across hump.... so I guess need to change again... any recommended workshop and reference quote?

3) ikey...... kiddo drop keys while alighting, and I only realise a few mins later..... trace back, and found the key ran over by a few vehicles.... intermittent working, until it decided to totally give up today. I dun mind using the manual key (have 2 anyway), but would like to have a recommendation for 2 way alarms

Thank you guys for the kind attention to the abv inqueries ^^

↡ Advertisement

My air con had the exact same problem. When I drove to 2 workshops, both told me the air con clutch had problem and that this clutch cannot be repaired or replaced.the only way is to change the compressor. Not too sure if they are smoking me, but it cost me $560 to replace the compressor. I did it at mark cool at woodlands. If you do find a cheaper workshop, please let me know.

Edited by Biting

My air con had the exact same problem. When I drove to 2 workshops, both told me the air con clutch had problem and that this clutch cannot be repaired or replaced.the only way is to change the compressor. Not too sure if they are smoking me, but it cost me $560 to replace the compressor. I did it at mark cool at woodlands. If you do find a cheaper workshop, please let me know.

Yeah, as far as I know, its bear some truth, becos our model cannot be dismantle and has to replaced as a whole. But then again, there are so call "serviced" unit as told by the mechanics @ JC Auto, but he told me minimum diff in price.

Mark Cool? is Ah Huat still there?

AutoAid charge me @ ard $480 few years back.

I got a quote from JC Auto @ Toh Guan (I got my aircon coil/amp change there too), its ard $500.

Yeah, as far as I know, its bear some truth, becos our model cannot be dismantle and has to replaced as a whole. But then again, there are so call "serviced" unit as told by the mechanics @ JC Auto, but he told me minimum diff in price.

I got a quote from JC Auto @ Toh Guan (I got my aircon coil/amp change there too), its ard $500.

Hi, mine is 09 Latio.

Replaced the condenser in TCM last year.

This year also having the same issue as yours. TCM said could be the cluch issue and they only do replacement which is estimated to be $700-800.

I went to Tomika auto in Ubi Road.

They replaced the cluch. Was charged $240 + GST.

So far, after 2-3 months still fine.

Thanks! If I ever do face the same problem, I will also go to these workshops to get quotes.

Hi, mine is 09 Latio.

Replaced the condenser in TCM last year.

This year also having the same issue as yours. TCM said could be the cluch issue and they only do replacement which is estimated to be $700-800.

I went to Tomika auto in Ubi Road.

They replaced the cluch. Was charged $240 + GST.

So far, after 2-3 months still fine.

Heard newer model of Latio can have the clutch replaced. But then again, I dunno how true also.

Thank you for sharing.

Anyone has recommendation on unlocking mechanism (together with alarm??) and shock absorber replacement ^^

↡ Advertisement