Fraud Car Dealer absconded with close to $1m!

abzzta

On 07-July, we purchased a 2006 Audi A6 (Reg# SKD 6169 G) from Mich Automobile Pte Ltd in Turf City for S$39,011 and paid the full amount upfront via trading in our old car (Honda Accord, Reg # SDQ 902 K) for $15,999 and DBS bank transfer of $23,012 to the company account of Mich Automobile Pte Ltd. The Sales Agreement was signed together with Michael Boey (Boey Fook Weng, NRIC: S1750030I); while the sole director of this company, his wife, Michelle (Ow Yin Fun, NRIC: S6914096C) was physically present during the sale, however did not sign any contracts / sales agreements. Sales agreement attached for your consideration.

Mich Automobile is a Singapore registered company which at this point is solvent. We also had the car insured on the day of purchase by Aviva Insurance Pte Ltd.

Upon not receiving the title transfer confirmation from LTA (Land transport Authority) until 27-July, which Michael claimed to have completed, we tried to contact Michael however he was no longer contactable – our messages were ignored and phone calls not answered.

At 1am on 01-Aug, a tow truck with 2 individuals in it, gained entry to our condominium, One Amber on false claims without producing any documentation and towed the aforementioned car away. We are separately pursuing the building management and security for a case of negligence and trespassing.

Upon not finding the car in our carpark the next morning, we lodged a Police Report at Marine Parade police station.

We later found out that Skyway Credit Pte Ltd repossessed this car as they were owed $33,000 from Mich Automobile for this car. Michael absconded from Singapore on 27-July.

I am reaching out to fellow members here to check if you or someone you know has been a victim of Mich Automobile. If so, I welcome you to please share my details so we can join forces in taking action against these corrupt individuals.

We have all but lost our hard earned money and are running out of options to recover anything from the system at play here…

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

TS already learn his lesson lets move on and hope those affected can bring the crook to justice.

Don't think the parallel import car dealer is caught to, cheating off close to 5mil.

• Praise 1

all PI and used car dealer except AD must use intermediary for payment ... this is the best

buyer pay <intermediary> pay dealer

intermediary is the agency appointed by govt or case trust or whatever ... one and only intermediary for car transaction

intermediary will only release the payment based on checklist

PI and used car are mainly run by cowboy .... [mad]

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 8

The only way to deal for used cars is on-the-spot transfer, be it e-transfer or at LTA. Don't be lazy or try to save your 1 day of leave, this is a transaction involving tens of thousands.

All the best though chances are nothing can be done for you...

• Praise 7

what if i sell my car to used car dealer

insist on cashier order and must bank in first and do the e-transfer?

no cheque because scare bounce ... cheque require 1-2 days to clear

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged

Once again, used car dealers rears its ugly head. Such incidents been happening since my parents days. The car industry is full of such crooks, the same type working at sim lim square, nightlife, hand phone shops, etc. Luckily our tourism industry is heavily regulated, else these scums will be give us a bad name.

Someone really needs to flush out these scums to protect naive obedient law-abiding people.

I sold my old car to a forumer here. It was COD with transfer done immediately at LTA.

On 07-July, we purchased a 2006 Audi A6 (Reg# SKD 6169 G) from Mich Automobile Pte Ltd in Turf City for S$39,011 and paid the full amount upfront via trading in our old car (Honda Accord, Reg # SDQ 902 K) for $15,999 and DBS bank transfer of $23,012 to the company account of Mich Automobile Pte Ltd. The Sales Agreement was signed together with Michael Boey (Boey Fook Weng, NRIC: S1750030I); while the sole director of this company, his wife, Michelle (Ow Yin Fun, NRIC: S6914096C) was physically present during the sale, however did not sign any contracts / sales agreements. Sales agreement attached for your consideration.

Mich Automobile is a Singapore registered company which at this point is solvent. We also had the car insured on the day of purchase by Aviva Insurance Pte Ltd.

Upon not receiving the title transfer confirmation from LTA (Land transport Authority) until 27-July, which Michael claimed to have completed, we tried to contact Michael however he was no longer contactable our messages were ignored and phone calls not answered.

At 1am on 01-Aug, a tow truck with 2 individuals in it, gained entry to our condominium, One Amber on false claims without producing any documentation and towed the aforementioned car away. We are separately pursuing the building management and security for a case of negligence and trespassing.

Upon not finding the car in our carpark the next morning, we lodged a Police Report at Marine Parade police station.

We later found out that Skyway Credit Pte Ltd repossessed this car as they were owed $33,000 from Mich Automobile for this car. Michael absconded from Singapore on 27-July.

I am reaching out to fellow members here to check if you or someone you know has been a victim of Mich Automobile. If so, I welcome you to please share my details so we can join forces in taking action against these corrupt individuals.

We have all but lost our hard earned money and are running out of options to recover anything from the system at play here

If the individuals are bent to cheat, most likely they would have everything covered.. Declare the company bankrupt or with only $2 in asset. At the very most, director gets a few months of jail but gets to keep the money stashed somewhere.

cash or CO is good enough. Once either in hand the dealer can take the keys and transfer be made asap.

Need not wait.

cash or CO is good enough. Once either in hand the dealer can take the keys and transfer be made asap.

Need not wait.

Depends on how much your car is worth or you selling at what price. If less than 30K and the car dealer cannot offer CO, then forget it and go to the next.

I will say this again... "Do your research." I mean in every biz there are bad apples just that used cars have more :beaten:

And MCF is a very good forum to read on these unscrupulous dealers, I'm always surprised that new users know how to register and complaint in this forum but don't use it to do research...

Well, some may say it's a chicken and egg... got cheated and felt that he / she should share the story. It's good and bad. Good to share but bad because the story had happened to TS. I would share this forum with anyone who intend to buy a used car. This forum has very seasoned buyers and some workshop owners / mechanics who can provide advice.

I just like to increase awareness for buyers to be careful, I don't feel good to see anyone gets cheated especially when there is such a good forum to prevent it from happening.

Quote, "Prevention is always better than cure"

Edited by Carnoob
  • Praise 4

The only way to deal for used cars is on-the-spot transfer, be it e-transfer or at LTA. Don't be lazy or try to save your 1 day of leave, this is a transaction involving tens of thousands.

All the best though chances are nothing can be done for you...

Try to go in the morning so have sufficient time to check and have the car transferred to your name (transfer done online + LTA printout) then pass the cash to the dealers and u drive off.

Do note that many dealers are selling cars that they do not own (not their asset) . Sometime the car is on consignment. Another is dealers has promised to buy the car from a owner but has not clear the car's loan; effectively the car still belong to finance company. The dealer just sell to unknowing buyer and collect the money from the buyer, the honest ones use it to clear the car loan while the crooks just ran away (like the above case). The finance co. come to collect their asset (like the above case).

• Praise 1

Depends on how much your car is worth or you selling at what price. If less than 30K and the car dealer cannot offer CO, then forget it and go to the next.

be it 30k or 300k, most dealers borrow from bank that charge them at daily rate.

i dont see how they are not able to come up with 30k unless its a scam or fraud.

Neutral Newbie

Last time i purchase a car from Niche Carz Pte Ltd. Also kena. just go track down his acra information then go ROM and track down his address everything. maybe can find some clue where he run to. My case lucky. the wife is foreigner. can track down where he hide.

I'm just blown away by the fact that such a thing can happen in Singapore and the law has loopholes that allow crooks like Michael and his wife to do things like this to honest customers..

Don't think the lemon law will help here. How can an MP help?

I'm just blown away by the fact that such a thing can happen in Singapore and the law has loopholes that allow crooks like Michael and his wife to do things like this to honest customers..

Don't think the lemon law will help here. How can an MP help?

Haha.....help? The SOP in Sg is one has to get down on the knees to beg n cry while being filmed (preferably w sadistic laughter in the background) n hope the video goes viral and netizens kpkb b4 any action can happen.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Cashier Cheque = CASH

One is just like the other except that cashier order must bank into your account

↡ Advertisement