Want to own a "Evoque" ?

Ysc3

I really don't mind if the price is right. Buy car here anyway can only last you 10 years. Might as well get it cheap, replace worn out parts if need be. Because if I were to pay a premium for a car, I would want it at least last 15 yrs. But I guess that's too much to ask for. But that's just my opinion.

I really don't mind if the price is right. Buy car here anyway can only last you 10 years. Might as well get it cheap, replace worn out parts if need be. Because if I were to pay a premium for a car, I would want it at least last 15 yrs. But I guess that's too much to ask for. But that's just my opinion.

My take is not on the brand other then the fact that its a copyright infringment.

That argument is abit like some past toyota harrier owners converting the badge to Lexus.

But I digress.

Copyright wise, its like stealing / concept of stealing.

Turbocharged

The front end fascia actually makes me think more of a KIA Sportage than a Evoque. But the rest of the car is clearly trying to copy Evoque...

But hey, it doesn't bad. For that price, means if it were sold here, could be less than $135k! Why not!

My take is not on the brand other then the fact that its a copyright infringment.

That argument is abit like some past toyota harrier owners converting the badge to Lexus.

But I digress.

Copyright wise, its like stealing / concept of stealing.

I really don't mind tbh. Stealing or "borrowing" don't even matter to us general consumers. If it got 4 wheels, doesn't break down in the next 5 yrs or so, priced like hotcakes, safety wise at least a 3 star all round, I'm sure pple will buy. Whether they tweak the cosmetic to the original one, it's their money and wishes. Whatever rocks their boat..

If this comes to Singapore shores, and if the astronomical COE drops to 10k, and the total selling price is 55k.. trust me, land wind will become a land fall..

Twincharged

If this comes to Singapore shores, and if the astronomical COE drops to 10k, and the total selling price is 55k.. trust me, land wind will become a land fall..

i think you meant "windfall" right ?

just imagine this selling for around US$15k in US ....

i think you meant "windfall" right ?

just imagine this selling for around US$15k in US ....

Ah yes.. wind fall.. must be my mind not synchronised with my fingers.. haha

since both of the companies involved in design and manufacturing this car brand are jointly owned by ford as well, u cant say this is just a copcat, ford might be involved as well.. considering a car's design -> build -> manufacture cycle is about 1.5 to 2 years, ironically this car should be in their mind right after or even before they sold off land rover..