2016 Renault Kadjar

Johnc

Having driven diesel, personally I won't be going back to petrol over 3 main things - skyhigh prices for petrol and the frugality of diesel ... plus the immense torque you still get from a turbo diesel which is more suited for SG driving style and environment

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Having driven diesel, personally I won't be going back to petrol over 3 main things - skyhigh prices for petrol and the frugality of diesel ... plus the immense torque you still get from a turbo diesel which is more suited for SG driving style and environment

Tax is high for diesel. How many kms do u drive monthly in order to enjoy the savings ?

Tax is high for diesel. How many kms do u drive monthly in order to enjoy the savings ?

Tax high for diesel? Diesel tax USED to be high back the days when calculation was 4x the petrol tax bro.

Cars that are Euro5/6 engines no longer are subjected to above calculations anymore and are much lower. For a similar 1.5cc engine, we pay abt $1,100/yr compared to $700/yr.

So for $400, I am definitely saving more than what I pay for my diesel roadtax as I do abt 25k/yr.

If one does below 15k/yr, maybe you can consider a petrol powertrain.

seems like all the conti cars are going to stop the diesel option soon. is the tax going to go up next year or the tax on diesel at station?

seems like all the conti cars are going to stop the diesel option soon. is the tax going to go up next year or the tax on diesel at station?

Only gahmen and policymakers can answer that question

The only certain thing is VES going to come in next year making diesel cars more expensive to the tune of $10-20k.

Thus conti dealers bringing in petrol options.

The only certain thing is VES going to come in next year making diesel cars more expensive to the tune of $10-20k.

Thus conti dealers bringing in petrol options.

Kadjar from -15k to probably +20k, the difference is easily above 30k.

Certain models like Megane(currently CEVS -30k) may even more, personally think that 10-20k of price increase is a bit optimistic.

Kadjar from -15k to probably +20k, the difference is easily above 30k.

Certain models like Megane(currently CEVS -30k) may even more, personally think that 10-20k of price increase is a bit optimistic.

Your calculation is also assuming the dealer transferring 100% of the difference in banding to the consumer. Anyway there is no need for speculation, the point is that if you want to go diesel, you do it this year, unless you have a problem with your wallet being too full. Interested parties can google LTA's press releases and draw their own conclusions.

Supersonic
(edited)

My friend is considering the 1.2 litre petrol version.

Anyone bought the petrol version? How is the drive and maintenance?

To all Kadjar owners, is the Kadjar expensive to maintain in terms of cost and frequencies of wear and tear compared to the BMW 318?

Thanks

Edited by DACH

Your calculation is also assuming the dealer transferring 100% of the difference in banding to the consumer. Anyway there is no need for speculation, the point is that if you want to go diesel, you do it this year, unless you have a problem with your wallet being too full. Interested parties can google LTA's press releases and draw their own conclusions.

Yup. Anyhow someone can still calculating the total basic cost needed for Kadjar Diesel by next year, probably not 100% will be transferred to the consumer but definitely a big price hike.

Agreed with you that anyone interested should get it before the year end.

To all Kadjar owners, is the Kadjar expensive to maintain in terms of cost and frequencies of wear and tear compared to the BMW 318?

Thanks

The 1.2 litre model is only recently out, think hard for anyone to make a conclusion on maintenance and wear, in fact not even sure if anyone has taken ownership of one yet. You can probably ask Nissan Qashqai owners, it's the same engine although transmission different.

Most Kadjar owners are still under free maintenance packages offered by the dealer I think. Service interval is 10,000 km. I do have a quote for the cost of the service package to share if you want to PM. 

Most of the issues that were reported in the FB are related to the ICE, some funky behaviour with the FM radio. No major mechanical issues reported yet. 

Supersonic

The 1.2 litre model is only recently out, think hard for anyone to make a conclusion on maintenance and wear, in fact not even sure if anyone has taken ownership of one yet. You can probably ask Nissan Qashqai owners, it's the same engine although transmission different.

Most Kadjar owners are still under free maintenance packages offered by the dealer I think. Service interval is 10,000 km. I do have a quote for the cost of the service package to share if you want to PM. 

Most of the issues that were reported in the FB are related to the ICE, some funky behaviour with the FM radio. No major mechanical issues reported yet. 

Thanks for the advice.

In fact, I accompanied him to test drive it last weekend and he was tempted with it over the Opel Astra he test drove on the same day.

He was advised on the servicing package costs by the sales person and it's higher than the Opel Astra. But sometimes sales people and service crew may have different opinions.

Thanks for the advice.

In fact, I accompanied him to test drive it last weekend and he was tempted with it over the Opel Astra he test drove on the same day.

He was advised on the servicing package costs by the sales person and it's higher than the Opel Astra. But sometimes sales people and service crew may have different opinions.

Did he nt try the megane gt line?

Supersonic

Did he nt try the megane gt line?

He was attracted by the Kadjar promotion last week, SGD112,999.

Thus he thinks it's a good deal for an SUV.

Thanks for the advice.

The servicing costs are quite high, I wasn't fond of it. Although I think it's more of a Wearnes thing than the vehicle needing more things to be done to it.

Thanks

I hear it's standard Wearnes servicing package - their regular service charges are around $400++ while PML regular service charges for BMW is abt $280++.