2016 Renault Kadjar

Johnc

hi Kadjar Owner,

anyone facing Battery issue like need to replace new battery every year ?

the Service Technician and Sales person said it is normal is recommended to replace within every 18 months.

please advise. thank you.

Hi, 

I am considering to buy a pre-owned Kadjar 1.2 petrol. 

Been driving Skoda and VW but never a french car. 

Just want to check what are the common issues with Renault Kadjar 1.2L and the level of difficulty in servicing and sourcing of spare parts.

Thanks in advance! 

4 hours ago, Ommph said:

Hi, 

I am considering to buy a pre-owned Kadjar 1.2 petrol. 

Been driving Skoda and VW but never a french car. 

Just want to check what are the common issues with Renault Kadjar 1.2L and the level of difficulty in servicing and sourcing of spare parts.

Thanks in advance! 

The Kadjar 1.2TCe is essentially the same car as the Nissan Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T, with both sharing the CMF platform and the H5Ft engine. The Qashqai's 1.2 has a lower state of tune at 114bhp/165Nm while the Kadjar produces 130bhp/205Nm, required as the latter is the larger and heavier car. The transmission on both cars are completely different, with the Qashqai being a CVT and the Kadjar being a 7-speed dual-clutch. 

Having said that, given that Singapore has the Qashqai 1.2 in abundance, spare parts and servicing will not be a major issue. The dual-clutch transmission however, will need the usual care as with all dual-clutch equipped vehicles. Since you are coming from VAG cars, I reckon this should not be a problem for you either. 

You can also hop over to the Qashqai thread to see if there are any problems reported by the owners. 

Good luck!

Edited by iamahbee
  • Praise 4

Hi Kadjar owners. I’m considering to get a Kadjar 1.5 Diesel around 5.5-6 years left, have been driving Japanese cars for the longest time.

Would like to ask is there any major issues or any things to take note for a Kadjar around this age?

How about servicing outside of Wearnes? How much does it averagely cost?

I heard maintenance and parts are almost 60% similar to that of Qashqai, are the parts expensive in this case? Thanks in advanced!

Neutral Newbie

@Vinceng I don't know about the reliability of Renault in general, but Kadjar 1.5 diesel is pretty solid. 

Fuel economy is so darn good that I could go for a KL round trip and still have 1/3 tank left (7 yr old car). 

Plus, Euro5 diesel across the causeway is almost similarly priced to Ron95. 🌚

Edited by GNa1x
↡ Advertisement