Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Camrytron

Just changed to note 5 gold colour. Very swee but just notice got no hole for SD card 😢.

Most of the things had transfer liao and now only left with watapps chat history.

Can any expert teach me how to transfer the history over.

Thanks q many many.

↡ Advertisement

iPhone Whatsapp can backup to iCloud and then restore data (ie: chat history & data)

Android can backup to Google Drive? Android Whatsapp got this version?

Turbocharged

Just changed to note 5 gold colour. Very swee but just notice got no hole for SD card 😢.

Most of the things had transfer liao and now only left with watapps chat history.

Thanks q many many.

Bro, Google is your best friend.

https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-transfer-whatsapp-conversations-to-new-devices

Just have to copy the file to cloud, like Dropbox, then download the file to the note 5 from there.

Important thing, u must follow the sequence, create the folders first, don't start the whatsapp yet till the file is there.

Edited by Solar

Turbocharged

Watapps cannot. Try le

Download Samsung Kies.. There's a function to backup and restore apps and all it's content

Turbocharged

Download Samsung Kies.. There's a function to backup and restore apps and all it's content

I think he kenna the same as I did, didn't work for whatsapp and I had to do the conventional way

I think he kenna the same as I did, didn't work for whatsapp and I had to do the conventional way

Ya got Google but can't find anything saying abt note 5 de 😕

so yours ok lei?

Will try your way.

Turbocharged

Ya got Google but can't find anything saying abt note 5 de 😕

so yours ok lei?

Will try your way.

Just googled migrating whatsapp android.

Ya, did the old way and it worked. I used the step by step pasted for u above.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Thanks q many many.

U very de funny..... buy note 5 don't know got no ext sd slot..... that is one reason I am not changing yet.... 64gb boh gao leh......

Just googled migrating whatsapp android.

Ya, did the old way and it worked. I used the step by step pasted for u above.

多谢你。now I need tmr go starhub again to take a new super small sim card 1st cos now 3 Sim card cannot use de.

U very de funny..... buy note 5 don't know got no ext sd slot..... that is one reason I am not changing yet.... 64gb boh gao leh......

64gb is no stock.

Actually is last min decided de.

Sign a new line for bil than bought note 5 32gb at 169,tot can put sd card so add up 64gb agn, just now looking thru the phone, ehhh how come back cover cannot open de, than how to take out battery, than look for ext sd slot also can't find. Only sim card nia, now regard nvr wait for 64gb.

Thanks q many many.

Copy your WA folder from old phone to a laptop. Then install WA on ur note 5. Copy back all the sub folders from your old WA folder in your laptop into the WA folder of your Note 5.

Start WA in ur new Note 5. The WA should detect ur copied folders and ask you if want to restore so choose yes.

I saw the Note 5 and Edge6+. Seems like Samsung is following the iphone route as in fixed memory with no sd card expansion slot and non-removeable battery.

On first impressions the Note5 & Edge6+ are very similar in terms of performance and the only noticeable part is only the stylus on the Note5. For those who are used to the Note series and using the stylus they will most likely luv the Note5 especially for Instagram users.

Anyway the iphone 6S is launching in Sept. Probably ppl will wait and see what Apple has to offer before upgrading to a new smartphone.

Samsung had flip prata ...

removable battery and SD card expansion was the "selling point" that they keep hitting Apple with their sarcastic ads

now they are following Apple ... [thumbsdown]

so Apple was right in the first place? [sly]

I saw the Note 5 and Edge6+. Seems like Samsung is following the iphone route as in fixed memory with no sd card expansion slot and non-removeable battery.

On first impressions the Note5 & Edge6+ are very similar in terms of performance and the only noticeable part is only the stylus on the Note5. For those who are used to the Note series and using the stylus they will most likely luv the Note5 especially for Instagram users.

Anyway the iphone 6S is launching in Sept. Probably ppl will wait and see what Apple has to offer before upgrading to a new smartphone.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Samsung had flip prata ...

removable battery and SD card expansion was the "selling point" that they keep hitting Apple with their sarcastic ads

now they are following Apple ... [thumbsdown]

so Apple was right in the first place? [sly]

not enough space liao

even Xiao mi also no sd card expansion liao

that's my point, Apple was right in the first place ...

not enough space liao

even Xiao mi also no sd card expansion liao

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1