2nd hand BMW 7 series

Little_prince

about 86k km

for 5yr old should be around there bah.

any lower i would be damm suspicious. lol

On average it is 20k per year. Might be tweaked a bit still or maybe a lot. Best to verify is to get the svcing records.

↡ Advertisement

Yeah... the usual:

- valve gaskets, oil filter gasket degrades quickly

- two fans working very hard (one for radiator, the other for aircon, either one breaks down the engine will get very hot)

- DME will get fried due to overheating and you need new one from Germany coded to your specific car

- after some very hot engine operation, radiator hoses will deteriorate in double quick time

All because Audi fitted a V8 into a very compact engine bay... Don't forget the A5/S5/RS5 is practically the same chassis and size of the A4/S4/RS4.... The engine bay is packed chock full because of the V8.... so everything gets very hot in there. I guess that is why Audi now decided to reserve the V8 only for its RS cars in which they have maybe a more powerful and effective cooling system.

The rest of the car is great, no problems. It is only slightly nose-heavy compared to the bigger Audis, so balance is still maintained and any imbalance is thoroughly cancelled out by the superb quattro AWD, which is rear-biased for driveability, and it really clamps the car to the road. Throw it into any bend, in the dry, in the wet, and you will always land on your feet. You can even take up Davidtch's constant refrain of "exiting highway at 100 kmh" which he claims BMW can do and Audi cannot. Well, this Audi can, and more.

So I would suggest getting the later version - supercharged 3.0L instead.

For me, it is. I always drag with E and S class and win. Hehehehe

Still waiting for an S400 to jio me at traffic lights hahahhaa

And your M3 vs C63 comparison: M3 will win on the track, but C63 will win in a straight line, 0-60mph, 0-100mph and quarter mile.

thks for the great info.

seems like heat is the main problem for s5, got any mods to improve the cooling?

only thing i like about the s5 is V8 [sly]

I was just kidding

GTR is a really good car. I am surprised nissan can come up with such car

You everyday drive at 200km /hr ???

Sometimes check also no use

Mine check ok, drive 6 months my bmw fall apart lol

Pls sell me ur car kekkeke

My 7-year old ride 78k km. Is it suspicious? [laugh]

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

haiz.

i guess you're right.

poor man shouldn't dream too big.

should stick to jap makes hor

i would say ... depend on how much you spending now ... 7ser is a very big car so unless your current expenses are similar range , probably ok to switch over . but sudden jump to the top range can be dangerous for the wallet

• Praise 5

640i GC costs slightly more than 730Li and slightly less than 740Li.

The above all have a 3-litre engine, but 640i (whether GC, coupe or convertible) and 740Li have a newer twin turbo engine, whereas 730Li has the old NA engine found in previous generation 630i.

Taking engine, size, style and stature into consideration, what is your preference?

Personnally, I prefer 640i GC.

640i GC rear space and legroom cannot make it except sibei swee ... [laugh]

The above all have a 3-litre engine, but 640i (whether GC, coupe or convertible) and 740Li have a newer twin turbo engine, whereas 730Li has the old NA engine found in previous generation 630i.

Taking engine, size, style and stature into consideration, what is your preference?

Edited by Wt_know

i would say ... depend on how much you spending now ... 7ser is a very big car so unless your current expenses are similar range , probably ok to switch over . but sudden jump to the top range can be dangerous for the wallet

true statement bro.

i'm just a simple salaryman, trying to dream big.

hope to drive a bmw to bring my parents go out eat dim sum on the weekends.

think you're right.

if i buy the 7 series. i think instead of eat dim sum, maybe can only bring parents go eat food court.

lol

• Praise 4

TwinPower Turbo IL6 = Twin Scroll.

It is not Twin turbo hor.

7 is very big car. So big that some car park might be too narrow.

Might need to take into consideration of minor repairs cost.

true statement bro.

think you're right.

if i buy the 7 series. i think instead of eat dim sum, maybe can only bring parents go eat food court.

lol

Wah.....so filial son. Give u 5 praises.

• Praise 1

true statement bro.

think you're right.

lol

To do this, the best vehicle is Toyota Alphard 7 seater.

Not BMW 7 series.

↡ Advertisement