Driving behind a car with faulty brakelights

Lotr

Yes, all 3 of them not working. what will you do?

I happened to be behind one dark coloured lancer earlier along CTE to town on the rightmost lane, after a while realised that the situation. Feel damned pissed off at the inconsiderate driver and as the traffic was quite heavy for a typical late Sat morning, I quickly filter to the left lane and I am almost reaching my exit.

I have encountered cars with one or two faulty brakelights, and even one with brakelights permanently on (don't know what's the deal with that) but really is the first time to meet one with all not working. Guess some owners are getting more bo chap as their cars are getting older. Be careful out there.

↡ Advertisement

Maybe he's not even aware that all his rear lights 're spoiled??

Happen to me once when one of my rear light spoiled, a group of my friends and Iwent convoyed and they were the one who informed me then.

Don't blame the driver for being inconsiderate. I dont think anyone would want to be inconsiderate to such a point where he knows his brakelights are all not working and yet didnt replace the faulty bulbs or switch. Most of the time, when all brakelight fails, the driver will not even aware of it until he go for servicing or notice no lights on reflection on the wall when reversing. Inconsiderate ones are those who drive at night without switching on their lights.

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 3

Happened before to me. After that I drove beside the driver at the traffic stop, wind down to window and signal him. He thank me for alerting him.

• Praise 2

I happened to be behind one dark coloured lancer earlier along CTE to town on the rightmost lane, after a while realised that the situation. Feel damned pissed off at the inconsiderate driver and as the traffic was quite heavy for a typical late Sat morning, I quickly filter to the left lane and I am almost reaching my exit.

I have encountered cars with one or two faulty brakelights, and even one with brakelights permanently on (don't know what's the deal with that) but really is the first time to meet one with all not working. Guess some owners are getting more bo chap as their cars are getting older. Be careful out there.

I never rely on the brake lights on the car in front to do my driving.

If you do time to review your driving style.

Maybe study defensive driving.

Insurance companies will really appreciate it too.

:D

• Praise 6

You can do other road users a favor by reporting the vehicle number to the TP, and let them send the owner in for an inspection.

Don't blame the driver for being inconsiderate. I dont think anyone would want to be inconsiderate to such a point where he knows his brakelights are all not working and yet didnt replace the faulty bulbs or switch. Most of the time, when all brakelight fails, the driver will not even aware of it until he go for servicing or notice no lights on reflection on the wall when reversing. Inconsiderate ones are those who drive at night without switching on their lights.

The driver IS being Inconsiderate. "BOC" / Basic operational checks are a fundamental and basic prerequisite before you move off in your vehicle. It is the sole responsibility of the driver to ensure that the vehicle he or she is driving is in road worthy condition. Doing a weekly checks on your lights can help prevent this.

I've seen too many cars on the road with faulty lights, some are brake lights, rear lights or headlights. I wonder why this is not heavily enforced here, whilst in other countries, it is a serious offence to drive with non operational lights.

I complete your topic title - "must be an old car because coe still high"...

Disagree.. I met one skt7xxx plate mz3 just last Friday night, i was behind him, around 8+pm, at slip road exiting tpe to punggol.. Initially I thought he didn't switch on the light but when I was slightly beside, noticed the front got white light but all rear light was gone..., then when I filter to his back and high beam him once, but as usual, he was offended...at one point, I wind down passenger window and waiting for him to pass my left( I was stationary, waiting for right turn) so that I can show him some hand sign but he overtook at speed with his hand showing me some hand sign... Hehehe...

Twincharged

Usually if all lights not on means its more likely the switch spoil than the bulbs blow. Quite unlikely all 3 blow together.

Disagree.. I met one skt7xxx plate mz3 just last Friday night, i was behind him, around 8+pm, at slip road exiting tpe to punggol.. Initially I thought he didn't switch on the light but when I was slightly beside, noticed the front got white light but all rear light was gone..., then when I filter to his back and high beam him once, but as usual, he was offended...at one point, I wind down passenger window and waiting for him to pass my left( I was stationary, waiting for right turn) so that I can show him some hand sign but he overtook at speed with his hand showing me some hand sign... Hehehe...

New mz3? Wow..

My person view is vehicles without tail lights on (be it for whatever reasons) is already posing tremendously hazards to other road users, for a number of time I have seen vehicles with tail light on but without reaction to the lights when brakes are apply - that's the worse lot ..

Edited by Holeinone

I ever had my brake lights conked out and drove with my driver side window opened on the way to WS.

Hand signal.

Oh sorry. Mine was on all the time, the 3 brake lights.

Edited by Count-Bracula
↡ Advertisement