2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

I think better to take that $2 and buy toto instead. 57k to 10k drop is unthinkable unless there is a black swan event, or another technical glitch.

Me hope of both😁😁😁😁
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Haha, no lar, I'm not ignorant. I do know it's supply and demand of the market. [laugh] Supply is determined by the COE supply in each bidding exercise, while demand is the market forces. I also know it's open bidding exercise.. I am just hoping for COE goes below 10k. The point here is hoping/dreaming. I believe alot of other buyers (some of my friends too), are simply holding back on buying new cars till they ee bigger drop in COE prices. That's the truth. [laugh]

Yes, u r right, it's not that I am ignorant, but more of hope. Thanks.. [laugh][laugh]

You got ask, why COE never drop, and ask why people buying when COE never drop, but the simple reason is people is buying which stops COE from dropping! [dizzy]

• Praise 1

just to share ....seen couple of rides like avante, elantra from our neighbouring country while at some accessory shops in jb.

a bit disappointed y our interior as not as gd as their.

theirs definatly looks more classy. though ours is not that bad.

hope the new avante will be better.

• Praise 1

just to share ....seen couple of rides like avante, elantra from our neighbouring country while at some accessory shops in jb.

a bit disappointed y our interior as not as gd as their.

theirs definatly looks more classy. though ours is not that bad.

hope the new avante will be better.

bro,no so possible.cos of our ARF. AD is high lightly is just going to bring in the lower specs with lower omv to max up their profit margin. else they are unable to sell at a more competitive pricings.

that's my tots lah

• Praise 1

Is it worth to wait for the new Elantra 2016 or should I just buy the current model? My car COE expiring soon and thinking whether to just buy the current Elantra (91k)? Or buy a used car while waiting to buy a cheaper Elantra 2016 when COE drops next year.

• Praise 1

Is it worth to wait for the new Elantra 2016 or should I just buy the current model? My car COE expiring soon and thinking whether to just buy the current Elantra (91k)? Or buy a used car while waiting to buy a cheaper Elantra 2016 when COE drops next year.

The new Elantra may be more than 91k... new models sell for a premium plus it might have higher OMV.

• Praise 2

Hello. I am aaron from elantra club. Have you been to the showroom? If you are interested in can recommend you to my agent and help you get best possible price. Feel free to contact me at 90029122.

Hi all... im aaron from elantra club. Those who are looking at buying any hyundai cars please feel free to contact me. I can recommend you to my agent and get the best possible price for you. Feel free to contact Mr at 90029122. NOTE: I'M NOT AN AGENT.

• Praise 2

If you like the current model you should just buy it.. As mentioned by fellow bros, the new 2016 elantra is probably launching in the next few months, this also means that the current elantra will be priced cheaper

Somemore COE is a uncertainty. Nobody knows for sure if it will drop in 2016. The government is the deciding factor here. They just need to lower or stop the vehicle growth rate and the COE will either maintain or go up..

Lastly.. follow your heart  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Today's Straits TImes Life said Komoco will bring in the 1.4 turbo Elantra with 7 speed dual clutch gearbox in March

Edited by Yamapi
  • Praise 1

For me to look at this car, the first consideration is price as compared to similar cars. Performance and comfort will be next.

If you want luxury, the segment is not here.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Today's Straits TImes Life said Komoco will bring in the 1.4 turbo Elantra with 7 speed dual clutch gearbox in March

If that is the case, it could be a serious, serious seller.

As always, price will be the main determining factor if this car does well or not.

My take is it Shld be at Mz3 standard or Altis standard prices to give it a good chance to be a volume seller. Cos with turbo engine n 7speed dual clutch, it Shld be the obvious choice.

Price it higher n it would run smack into Altis n Mz3 deluxe prices which would make competition tough, my 2 cents as the more established Jap brands with their track record may sway it in their favour!

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 5

As always, price will be the main determining factor if this car does well or not.

My take is it Shld be at Mz3 standard or Altis standard prices to give it a good chance to be a volume seller. Cos with turbo engine n 7speed dual clutch, it Shld be the obvious choice.

Price it higher n it would run smack into Altis n Mz3 deluxe prices which would make competition tough, my 2 cents as the more established Jap brands with their track record may sway it in their favour!

However komoco at times use wrong price strategy. I remember they price the elantra at Altis price. Then realise it cannot sell well.then price adjusted downwards

However komoco at times use wrong price strategy. I remember they price the elantra at Altis price. Then realise it cannot sell well.then price adjusted downwards

Possible but if i were them, I'd be aggressive n push for volume. Years back Elantra/Avante was amongst the top 3 models in a calendar year. But u could be right as always with new models, some AD get carried away thinking they can make a killing esp as not many turbos in B&B 1.6l cars.

• Praise 3

Possible but if i were them, I'd be aggressive n push for volume. Years back Elantra/Avante was amongst the top 3 models in a calendar year. But u could be right as always with new models, some AD get carried away thinking they can make a killing esp as not many turbos in B&B 1.6l cars.

Look at new cruze. The AD price it at 97k,just 3k shy of the Altis. Will it sell?

The turbo will be 5-10k above the Mazda deluxe. It would be insane to price it at standard Mazda as that would mean their other engine, presumably 2.0 non turbo would have to be priced even lower.

Even if that ensues, expect nothing much within the interior and tons of cost cutting mechanism, e.g.: halogen lights.

Of course no one would complain if your wish comes true haha

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1