2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Today's Straits TImes Life said Komoco will bring in the 1.4 turbo Elantra with 7 speed dual clutch gearbox in March

Dual clutch?? Next... If even Honda can't get it right on their hybrid vezel with dual clutch, (don't remind me of the afamous 7 dsg), I will not touch dual clutch just yet unless my coy give me 60 days of annual leave and 10mths of bonus .... Hehe... Why can't it comes with 1.4t match with 6At??? Which should be a safer bet...

• Praise 1

Dual clutch?? Next... If even Honda can't get it right on their hybrid vezel with dual clutch, (don't remind me of the afamous 7 dsg), I will not touch dual clutch just yet unless my coy give me 60 days of annual leave and 10mths of bonus .... Hehe... Why can't it comes with 1.4t match with 6At??? Which should be a safer bet...

Hyundai's dual clutch started in 2011. Not sure when Honda started since Vezel is a new model. Though so far it seems Hyundai is doing a much better job than VW.

• Praise 2

Hyundai's dual clutch started in 2011. Not sure when Honda started since Vezel is a new model. Though so far it seems Hyundai is doing a much better job than VW.

But im unsure if it was due to lesser sale of hyundai. Any website for more readup?

http://www.autonews.com/article/20121030/OEM/121039985/hyundai:-dual-clutch-transmissions-match-us-better-than-cvts

Hyundai started pushing out dual clutch in 2012.... Just do a quick google and you can see quite a few models already running it for the past few years. 

https://asq.org/qualitynews/qnt/execute/displaySetup?newsID=20971

This is an interesting read for those who doubt reliability of korean cars. They have came far, its more like Japanese has stagnate while the competition has caught up close

• Praise 2

http://www.autonews.com/article/20121030/OEM/121039985/hyundai:-dual-clutch-transmissions-match-us-better-than-cvts

Hyundai started pushing out dual clutch in 2012.... Just do a quick google and you can see quite a few models already running it for the past few years.

This is an interesting read for those who doubt reliability of korean cars. They have came far, its more like Japanese has stagnate while the competition has caught up close

Ummm ....my only concern with new elantra is that dct gb....if I read the report correctly, the safer bet is wait for kia to launch a dct gb model...... K3 come with turbo and dct anyone want a piece??.....hehehe

Pls dont keep posting korean car how good,just keep for yourself.

Korean car is getting more expensive nowadays. [:p]  [:p]  [:p]

• Praise 1

Why is looking like a i40 teksi a good thing?

Nice means nice, nvm used for taxi. Wasn't it the same for merc yrs back? In fact, using for taxi may imply that the model being less issues n perhaps easier to maintain.

Personally, I found the flush or cut off new grill of i40 taxi very handsome n would recommend this design b applied to entry models.

• Praise 2

heard Komoco Is bring 1.6L elantra rather than the 1.4T one. anyone can confirm on this?

Why would they bring in 1.4T if it is placed under Cat B? It would not make biz sense. Just look at Cruze 1.4T under Cat B, majority will not consider to buy.

• Praise 1

Why would they bring in 1.4T if it is placed under Cat B? It would not make biz sense. Just look at Cruze 1.4T under Cat B, majority will not consider to buy.

The more impt question is how much is the OMV. If above 20k den 50% loan will be the main problem :D

• Praise 1

1.4T Elantra if made it here will not be under CAT B, it will be in CAT A because its horsepower does not exceed 130bhp. It is slightly below 130bhp. The 1.4T has made its debut in USA end of last year.

• Praise 1

heard Komoco Is bring 1.6L elantra rather than the 1.4T one. anyone can confirm on this?

Somehow, I don't feel a sense of reliability once mention the 7-speed Dual Clutch transmission which is fitted to the 1.4T. Between the 1.4T and the 1.6 (if Komoco is bringing this in instead), I would say the 1.6 is a safer bet due to a conventional auto and both engines horsepower are around the same (US site states 1.4T produces around 130bhp), just that 1.4T would be more interesting because it is turbo-charged, with 7-Speed DCT and of course a newer engine too.

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 1

Heard from reliable source that KMC is only bringing in 1.6cc Elantra, not sure will have any changes anot. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2