2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

I don't think they are in control of this... cos if Hyundai decides to go all out with turbo engines, Komoco will still have to train their mechanics and technicians... so I feel it's more of the pricing issue with the cars. At the end of the day, Singaporeans are still extremely brand conscious (unlike maybe the ang mohs who are less brand conscious, not entirely bereft of it) and hence you can't get past that and if your car is not priced to sell, and mainstream favourites like the Corolla cut too close to your price point, you're going to have to suck thumb and watch the party across the street.

Yah. That why i said 'another reason' but not 'the only reason'

↡ Advertisement

Yah. That why i said 'another reason' but not 'the only reason'

I just wonder when they will launch it... these few months will be clear stock months for the old Elantra.

Edited by teomingern

Den jiak sai Liao cos civic 2016 also around there hahah

I doubt if Civic will be a competitor against the Elantra cos likely in Cat B unless Kah brings in the 1litre version which would be in Cat A n possible opponent.

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 3

I doubt if Civic will be a competitor against the Elantra cos likely in Cat B unless Kah brings in the 1litre version which would be in Cat A n possible opponent.

It will if Elantra too is launching turbo and non turbo options!
  • Praise 1

Thought the turbo versions also in Cat A?

If it's 1.4turbo, probably but depends how they adjust it also...

But I would prefer a non turbo though higher road tax, does keep e noise lower from overseas review...

If it's 1.4turbo, probably but depends how they adjust it also...

But I would prefer a non turbo though higher road tax, does keep e noise lower from overseas review...

Ok tks bro, good info!

Think all boils down to pricing. I believe Elantra can hold its own and shouldn't fear Civic cos Civic is perceived as more premium. In fact, I think the competition will come from Mz3 and Altis cos these 2 are entrenched and though not new anymore. If the Elantra is priced close to these 2 then it will be tough. Of course with turbo and other features, it may justify Elantra's pricing but a lot of our local car buyers in this class naturally lean towards reliability and track record so whilst not saying Elantra doesn't have, those 2 have few generations going for them which gives them an edge. 

• Praise 6

Ok tks bro, good info!

Think all boils down to pricing. I believe Elantra can hold its own and shouldn't fear Civic cos Civic is perceived as more premium. In fact, I think the competition will come from Mz3 and Altis cos these 2 are entrenched and though not new anymore. If the Elantra is priced close to these 2 then it will be tough. Of course with turbo and other features, it may justify Elantra's pricing but a lot of our local car buyers in this class naturally lean towards reliability and track record so whilst not saying Elantra doesn't have, those 2 have few generations going for them which gives them an edge. 

Elantra would have to priced it down by quite an amount. That civic 2016 is a beast, even trumping mz3 in fc.

But yea lets see how it goes, hehe

Edited by Runforyourlife
  • Praise 2

I was told by SE that the prices will be $96,999 for new face lift elite model, 6 non guaranteed bids.

Plus $3k for guaranteed bids. Car will only be available 2nd to 3rd quarter 2016.

• Praise 2

I was told by SE that the prices will be $96,999 for new face lift elite model, 6 non guaranteed bids.

Plus $3k for guaranteed bids. Car will only be available 2nd to 3rd quarter 2016.

U mean total new model or the current faceliftted??

I would rather tink its the former

• Praise 2

Don't mean to doubt you but I don't think they can price it now if only coming in the second half of the year cos who knows what price COE will then be. Also it's a total new model and not a face-lift so maybe you got the prices of the current model?

• Praise 3

U mean total new model or the current faceliftted??

I would rather tink its the former

Should be the new model, if not why need to wait till 2nd or 3rd quarter 2016 shipment.

Don't mean to doubt you but I don't think they can price it now if only coming in the second half of the year cos who knows what price COE will then be. Also it's a total new model and not a face-lift so maybe you got the prices of the current model?

Yes. SE can price it now anyway cause i not firm buyer, just smsed her regarding the prices yesterday, when sit down to confirm, then prices might be different liao.

Edited by James996
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2