2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

You compare 1.6 L & 2.0 L then say 2.0 L better? Ha ha ha... what are you smoking?

Do you know what is the weight different btw Tucson and elantra? I was expecting a 2.0 tucson to be underpowered for that body also..

↡ Advertisement

Front and rear fogs are important. When it rains these days, the visibility really drops a lot. The front fogs help with illuminating the white lane markings and make them a lot more visible. Your car is also a lot more visible to cars especially when the car in front is changing lanes in heavy rain. The rear fogs are pretty important too as they are piercing and you can see the vehicle from further away.

You might not be aware of their importance maybe because you are not very conscious of your own car's visibility in heavy rain.

Also I drive to Malaysia... when it gets dark and rains like crazy on the highways, you can't have too many lights...

I think your driving education needs a top up if you think the usual lights on your car are sufficient for the kind of rains we get these days...

Important or not depends on where you park your car. If like me, the car is park for more than 10 hours under direct sunlight with absolutely no shade, having ventilated seats are a pretty deal, especially when you drive off at the height of the heat of the day. I won't dismiss them as unimportant... or call them gimmicks.

The size and design difference is quite big... I don't quite see that they so similar... if it were a Mercedes E200, I bet you won't say the same thing even though the taxi version and private car version are identical.

Heard it's 18 km/L? And in your assessment that's reasonable and so you posted it here? Actually most diesel cars don't even clock 17 km/L... so I would be completely skeptical with this hearsay... and even if it's printed on the brochure. As far as I have read, it's basically the same engine as the outgoing model. I can't imagine the fuel consumption can change so drastically by simply changing the exterior while keeping the drive train more or less identical.

I am not sure if you are already driving a car with ventilated seats yet. You want to cool down quickly in a heated up car or after after being out in the sun for sometime, the most effective is the full blast of aircon from the front vents. It cools you down the fastest. And when you switch on the ventilated seat it takes the air supply from the front vents , that is total air supply remains the same and with the ventilated seats in operation the air supply from the front vents gets reduced accordingly.

I am not sure if you are already driving a car with ventilated seats yet. You want to cool down quickly in a heated up car or after after being out in the sun for sometime, the most effective is the full blast of aircon from the front vents. It cools you down the fastest. The cooling capacity of ventilated seats is negligible and ineffective if you want to cool down fast. And when you switch on the ventilated seat it takes the air supply from the front vents , that is total air supply remains the same and with the ventilated seats in operation the air supply from the front vents gets reduced accordingly.

Saw the new elantra

$92800

The exterior SO so only

Interior not so nice to me

Heard that the fc is ard 18km/l

Mz3 is a much better option

The full features Élantra is 100k?. The Altis elegance version is currently on promotion at the same price as the standard version for 100k. I would buy an Élantra only if it is at least 10k cheaper for equivalent features. It is not a compelling buy yet.

• Praise 2

This car should price itself below mz3 by like 5-10% in order to attract buyers. $92800 really make no sense

Quite true, k3 is better valued... Maybe new lar, give it a mth or two, price might drop slightly...

I think this depends very much on your sales person... and also on how they perceive you... whether you know your stuff about cars or not. When I spoke to the KIA sales lady, she quite honestly said you can't expect better than 12 km/L on Singapore roads given the level of traffic. She didn't plug the stated consumption of 16 km/L as claimed by KIA. Maybe she's more old bird... more realistic... cos you promise the sky and cannot deliver, you lose the trust of your customers.

How can Elantra 1.6l, automatic transmission be better than its humble sibling Accent 1.4 MT. Even though Accent 1.4MT has a LTA stated consumption of 17.5km/l, i am getting only 14-15km/l with hard acceleration.   [smash]  and mostly city. 

• Praise 2

I am not sure if you are already driving a car with ventilated seats yet. You want to cool down quickly in a heated up car or after after being out in the sun for sometime, the most effective is the full blast of aircon from the front vents. It cools you down the fastest. And when you switch on the ventilated seat it takes the air supply from the front vents , that is total air supply remains the same and with the ventilated seats in operation the air supply from the front vents gets reduced accordingly.

The full features Ãlantra is 100k?. The Altis elegance version is currently on promotion at the same price as the standard version for 100k. I would buy an Ãlantra only if it is at least 10k cheaper for equivalent features. It is not a compelling buy yet.

That's the point I don't. So I turn on the aircon full blast. But when I reach my destination, the back of my shirt and seat of my pants are still wet with perspiration... this occurs cos the ride isn't long enough to cool down sufficiently... so having ventilated seats are brilliant. It distributes the cold air to my whole body, front and back and results in a more efficient cooling cos of the larger exposed surface area of the body to the cooling air. Simple science.

The new Elantra has an omv of 18k. Thus you see the 100k price tag.

How does this compare to the old model? For comparison the Sonata has an OMV of $19,000+.

How can Elantra 1.6l, automatic transmission be better than its humble sibling Accent 1.4 MT. Even though Accent 1.4MT has a LTA stated consumption of 17.5km/l, i am getting only 14-15km/l with hard acceleration. [smash] and mostly city.

I haven't any idea... ask Hyundai... ha ha ha ha... Edited by teomingern

Comprising more than 53% of ultra-high strength steel, the enhanced chassis rigidity is certain to deliver better handling,
durability and performance.

Simply carry and load more luggage easily with the smart

key thanks to the smart tailgate system that automatically
opens the trunk within only 3 seconds when standing near
its perimeter.

This industry-leading ergonomic technology system

memorizes the driver's preferred seating position and
instantly resets with just a touch of a button.

Electronic chrome mirror (ECM) automatically senses and reduces light intrusion from the car behind for easier viewing.

Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)

It's the first Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) in the compact segment.
With high-tech radar and camera sensors, the system is effectively designed to alert and
prevent the driver from potential rear-end collisions.

Blind spot detection (BSD)

By monitoring the road traffic conditions, the system helps alerting you to vehicles
in the blind spots while keeping your eyes firm on the road.

Lane departure warning system (LDWS)

Reliable Lane departure warning system (LDWS) ensures secure driving by alerting you
with clear visual and auditory signals should you drift too close to the edge of the lane.

Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) keeps the driver informed of tires' air pressure status to maintain and provide better fuel-efficiency, safety and performance.

http://worldwide.hyundai.com/WW/Showroom/Cars/Elantra/PIP/index.html

Fuel Consumption
(Urban / City) (liter / 100km) 8.6 Fuel Consumption
(Extra Urban / Highway) (liter / 100km) 5.3 Fuel Consumption
(Combined) (liter / 100km)

15.4km/l about the same as old elantra... where got 18km/l. And this is for 1.6l MPI Manual transmission leh.

Edited by Ivan_06

The new Elantra has an omv of 18k. Thus you see the 100k price tag.

Official or you guess? .. The SE only dare to say in range of 16-17k... Maybe you being their so call exclusive member got exclusive info... Hehe..

For Auto its, 6.8l/100km..

14.7km/l... the SE bluff you.

That's on paper, reality should be 11-12km/L only.... Quite similar to my current latio... Hehe...

That's on paper, reality should be 11-12km/L only.... Quite similar to my current latio... Hehe...

No, later someone will tell you that he managed 740km on a tankful, around 15km/l.... 

But hello, if i drive like him with similar route and driving habits. My accent would be 20km/l.  [laugh]

Official or you guess? .. The SE only dare to say in range of 16-17k... Maybe you being their so call exclusive member got exclusive info... Hehe..

Now Mazda 3 Deluxe is cheaper than the Elantra Elite...  

I will choose mazda 3 deluxe man... 

Hi

I called Komoco and was told that the car is ready to test drive from tomorrow. But i think the price is on the high side, I may get a Toyota or Mazda instead. 

Not read the thread from your post on but today I happened to check Sylphy, Kia, Altis and Elantra without test drive.

Elantra and Sylphy came out on top fpr me.

Altis was lacking on the goodies the other cars had. and was the most expensive.

Elantra was very nice with the Ice wine colour really good.

I remembered reading on the papers a couple of months back that the new Elantra will be having the 1.4 turbo engine which get my attention... how come now is back to the same 1.6 engine  [confused]

Without the turbo which is a feature still lacking in most Jap cars, Elantra will lack the killer punch to outdo the Altis & Selphy..

Front and rear fogs are important. When it rains these days, the visibility really drops a lot. The front fogs help with illuminating the white lane markings and make them a lot more visible. Your car is also a lot more visible to cars especially when the car in front is changing lanes in heavy rain. The rear fogs are pretty important too as they are piercing and you can see the vehicle from further away.

You might not be aware of their importance maybe because you are not very conscious of your own car's visibility in heavy rain.

Also I drive to Malaysia... when it gets dark and rains like crazy on the highways, you can't have too many lights...

I think your driving education needs a top up if you think the usual lights on your car are sufficient for the kind of rains we get these days...

No need to be haughty and arrogant. I can't believe this is the attitude of our educators nowadays in Singapore. 

• Praise 1

Not read the thread from your post on but today I happened to check Sylphy, Kia, Altis and Elantra without test drive.

Elantra and Sylphy came out on top fpr me.

Altis was lacking on the goodies the other cars had. and was the most expensive.

Elantra was very nice with the Ice wine colour really good.

I like the new Elantra except for the HU and the price. Have decided to KIV
↡ Advertisement