2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Good times dun last long. Wait till you get the first paint chip n scratch. Then drool no more.

True, like there's a saying in Chinese, new toilet like to shit, he he

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys, one of the SE told me the elite version already factory tinted, so why are some of u still talking about solar film? That SE smoke me?

• Praise 1

(edited)

Hi guys, one of the SE told me the elite version already factory tinted, so why are some of u still talking about solar film? That SE smoke me?

There's a difference between factory tinted and uv-cut or heat rejection. Factory tinted simply means that the glass is darker to cut glare. But it does not cut out the uv or the heat. Check the sticker on the glass of the Elantra... it simply tells you >70% visible light transmission (VLT for short). You need to see UV-cut or IR-cut in order to have the same uv and heat rejection properties as the solar film. Also while the glass is tinted, it's still allows 70% transmission... the rear windows and windscreen can be darkened to allow only 25% transmission... so it can be darker still... much more comfortable to sit in on a very bright day...

So go get your SE to give you solar film... you'll need to top up to a better grade if that's what you want otherwise what they give will suffice... you can check my comments on solar film in the Tucson thread.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2698972-new-hyundai-tucson/?p=5805085

Edited by teomingern

There's a difference between factory tinted and uv-cut or heat rejection. Factory tinted simply means that the glass is darker to cut glare. But it does not cut out the uv or the heat. Check the sticker on the glass of the Elantra... it simply tells you >70% visible light transmission (VLT for short). You need to see UV-cut or IR-cut in order to have the same uv and heat rejection properties as the solar film. Also while the glass is tinted, it's still allows 70% transmission... the rear windows and windscreen can be darkened to allow only 25% transmission... so it can be darker still... much more comfortable to sit in on a very bright day...

So go get your SE to give you solar film... you'll need to top up to a better grade if that's what you want otherwise what they give will suffice... you can check my comments on solar film in the Tucson thread.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2698972-new-hyundai-tucson/?p=5805085

Okie thanks

Good times dun last long. Wait till you get the first paint chip n scratch. Then drool no more.

狗嘴象牙

• Praise 5

çå´é¿ä¸åºè±¡ç

It's the truth. Anything wrong with what I say? Dun tell me after 3 months of usage, paintwork still in perfect condition?

Supercharged

Depends on where you stay... if private house then maybe won't get door dents...

once ur car out in public that's it, leave to destiny... even in faster lane can get bonnet chipped due to asphalt fragments dislodgin from front veh rear wheels..

• Praise 1

Bro how's your ride, did you manage to catch a glimpse of the new HU with gps

Manage to pair phone with d car , play Kenny G disc n sound system so dam good . Will update again . Lol

Manage to pair phone with d car , play Kenny G disc n sound system so dam good . Will update again . Lol

Wow!bro can show pic of ur new HU. sian mine is the old hu! Thank you very much!

once ur car out in public that's it, leave to destiny... even in faster lane can get bonnet chipped due to asphalt fragments dislodgin from front veh rear wheels..

Can install paint protection film to minimise damage lor

Supercharged

Can install paint protection film to minimise damage lor

Or bonnet protector if avail for ur model
↡ Advertisement