2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

(edited)

any bros who have already collected their ride is interested in getting this?? =)

This is the same unit that is installed in my Hyundai Sonata. It came with the car but Komoco didn't tell me. Surprise.

First off, it's a resistive screen. It's very irritating to scroll. I have big problems scrolling among my folders in the thumbdrive. I have about 35 folders of music.

Second, the sound quality is quite good. Clear and separation of instruments is good. I play back MP3s up to 320 kbps. It can read your file's meta data if you like that. Title, artist and album. Just tap the equalizer display.

Third, the sorting of files is ridiculous. I don't know how it is sorted. There's no logic. My folders don't start with those with numbers first. The first half of the list is sorted according to alphabetical order, then there is a jump and the next lot of folders are sorted to alphabetical order. Same for the individual files inside each folder.

Fourth, I have to use my fingernail to scroll through. The screen protector is already scratched. The car is only one month old. When the sunlight comes in, you can see the scratch marks. Not very nice.

Fifth, it comes with the Galatico navigation system. It's a local company using official LTA maps. It's very good, very detailed with lots of mapping functions and options. Too many to think. You can check out the website. You need to register to get map updates.

Sixth, the radio unit is pretty good. Very clear reception.

The unit is called Elegant Auto.

The dealer's shop is given below:

ELEGANT AUTO ACCESSORIES PTE LTD

ATTN:TIONG S.K.

39 , JALAN PEMIMPIN

#03-03 TAI LEE INDUSTRIAL BUILDING

SINGAPORE 577182

Tel : 6258-3940 / 6258-0175

Edited by teomingern
↡ Advertisement

Resistive screen is a big no for me.

I rather have the traditional buttons and knobs.

There are a few hard buttons at the bottom plus two rotary controls that have a push function and you can switch tracks by using the steering wheel controls. But changing folders needs you to use the screen. I haven't any idea how to do it using the steering wheel control or the hard buttons. I intend to go down to the shop to ask for the manual. It didn't come with the car. I also find the resistive screen very annoying to use. But it seems quite common among car entertainment systems. Seems like they haven't caught up with the mobile phone industry.
  • Praise 1

This is the same unit that is installed in my Hyundai Sonata. It came with the car but Komoco didn't tell me. Surprise.

First off, it's a resistive screen. It's very irritating to scroll. I have big problems scrolling among my folders in the thumbdrive. I have about 35 folders of music.

Second, the sound quality is quite good. Clear and separation of instruments is good. I play back MP3s up to 320 kbps. It can read your file's meta data if you like that. Title, artist and album. Just tap the equalizer display.

Third, the sorting of files is ridiculous. I don't know how it is sorted. There's no logic. My folders don't start with those with numbers first. The first half of the list is sorted according to alphabetical order, then there is a jump and the next lot of folders are sorted to alphabetical order. Same for the individual files inside each folder.

Fourth, I have to use my fingernail to scroll through. The screen protector is already scratched. The car is only one month old. When the sunlight comes in, you can see the scratch marks. Not very nice.

Fifth, it comes with the Galatico navigation system. It's a local company using official LTA maps. It's very good, very detailed with lots of mapping functions and options. Too many to think. You can check out the website. You need to register to get map updates.

Sixth, the radio unit is pretty good. Very clear reception.

The unit is called Elegant Auto.

The dealer's shop is given below:

ELEGANT AUTO ACCESSORIES PTE LTD

ATTN:TIONG S.K.

39 , JALAN PEMIMPIN

#03-03 TAI LEE INDUSTRIAL BUILDING

SINGAPORE 577182

Tel : 6258-3940 / 6258-0175

many thanks for your info...hahaha i have been tracking your posts on the sonata thread too...and i thought yours was from factory too...

will go down personally to have a feel of it...before making decision...

just to check...for gps...isit accurate?? and do we then need to pay for map updates?? many thanks again for your info bro...

btw i have the same issue as your fuel consumption gauge...still trying to find out if it tallies or rather which is the most accurate to look at...

My 2, Coe secured in first bidding.

Can share how much you paid for your elantra, what's your coe rebate?

Can pm me if not convenient to post here.

As expected, I didnt get my coe. Komoco bidded $40k only.

• Praise 1

hi all, managed to go down to 'play' with the new built in navigation for a while...below are my comments:

01) touch screen is definitely not as sensitive as our latest mobile phone screens but...to me its good enough...just need to apply a bit of pressure and it is fine...

02) resolution and colours are not of best quality...but again is acceptable level to me...colours are a bit dull...not sure if we can adjust it...

03) navigation/gps is very informative...you can choose many options and amount of information which you would like to have on your map...it is quite accurate and is not laggy...however the volume...is to the soft side...it doesnt mask over the music volume when giving directions...it also provides live traffic update and erp rates when you are passing one...of cos when it is in operation...guess its like what bro @teomingern said...its from galactio which is local company...so its really good in this aspect

04) functions...as per screen...you have dvd, ipod, usb, sd card functions...and i have tried to pair my phone via bluetooth...no issues at all...there is also some good to have information available...such as erp rates...such as petrol prices at all major fuel stations

05) price and installation...as per i have mentioned in earlier post: SGD 888 however you could lower that by a little bit...there is a catch to it...dont think its too nice to put this in public so those who are interested can pm me...i dont get any commission...its just the company's way of handling transactions...comes with warranty of 1 yr...btw any bros who know if our factory HU comes with also 5 yr warranty?? installation is done in komoco itself...the contractor has its space on the 2nd floor...should take about 1 day...

this is all i have gathered from the 30 min of playtime with the HU...cheers all...

• Praise 1

Supercharged

any bros who have already collected their ride is interested in getting this?? =)

Is this default in the elite model?? Available in all new Hyundai cars in SG??

Is this default in the elite model?? Available in all new Hyundai cars in SG??

i have no idea if this is going to be default item...cause mine is from the first batch but i supposed it would be...or at least thrown in as freebie to sweeten deal for elite...

Can share how much you paid for your elantra, what's your coe rebate?

Can pm me if not convenient to post here.

As expected, I didnt get my coe. Komoco bidded $40k only.

i booked my ride 1 day before the expo. My SE did offer me the various price package but i did not not take up. opted for the 93K for S variant. my COE rebate was $42K

i booked my ride 1 day before the expo. My SE did offer me the various price package but i did not not take up. opted for the 93K for S variant. my COE rebate was $42K

Very funny isn't it? Thought with a COE rebate of $42k they should be bidding minimum that amount right? Imagine if COE actually closed at $42k yesterday, Komoco would have missed out when they could easily have put in a $42k bid at no cost to them!! [hur]

• Praise 5

Supercharged

hi all, managed to go down to 'play' with the new built in navigation for a while...below are my comments:

01) touch screen is definitely not as sensitive as our latest mobile phone screens but...to me its good enough...just need to apply a bit of pressure and it is fine...

02) resolution and colours are not of best quality...but again is acceptable level to me...colours are a bit dull...not sure if we can adjust it...

03) navigation/gps is very informative...you can choose many options and amount of information which you would like to have on your map...it is quite accurate and is not laggy...however the volume...is to the soft side...it doesnt mask over the music volume when giving directions...it also provides live traffic update and erp rates when you are passing one...of cos when it is in operation...guess its like what bro @teomingern said...its from galactio which is local company...so its really good in this aspect

04) functions...as per screen...you have dvd, ipod, usb, sd card functions...and i have tried to pair my phone via bluetooth...no issues at all...there is also some good to have information available...such as erp rates...such as petrol prices at all major fuel stations

05) price and installation...as per i have mentioned in earlier post: SGD 888 however you could lower that by a little bit...there is a catch to it...dont think its too nice to put this in public so those who are interested can pm me...i dont get any commission...its just the company's way of handling transactions...comes with warranty of 1 yr...btw any bros who know if our factory HU comes with also 5 yr warranty?? installation is done in komoco itself...the contractor has its space on the 2nd floor...should take about 1 day...

this is all i have gathered from the 30 min of playtime with the HU...cheers all...

Any difference in sound quality compared to original 5"?
  • Praise 1

Very funny isn't it? Thought with a COE rebate of $42k they should be bidding minimum that amount right? Imagine if COE actually closed at $42k yesterday, Komoco would have missed out when they could easily have put in a $42k bid at no cost to them!! [hur]

Haha.. I don't understand leh.  His COE already secured yesterday at $47,889 when rebate level was at $42k mah. Means he tan tio $5889 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1