2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Supercharged

From the fact that it's not real leather...

don't say i Ah-Q, but i think faux leather may be more lasting than the real thing, wc creases n cracks after yrs of use.

examples - merc b class (07-11 thereabout), vezel s, my 8+yo tucson (done by local agent IMF or smthg lidat at sin ming iirc).

↡ Advertisement

yeah! my SE juz informed me my ride is ready for collection!!

Congrats bro. U mentioned u booked a day before the car show. I book a week before the car show. Still havent collect. What color is your ride?

Yes , I also have this problem when releasing accelerator at 70-80km. And also when speed at 70-80km driving, engine seem noisy too , what happening?

Hi bro how's life, I tried what you mentioned about the releasing accelerator at 80 - 90km/h, the rpm remain at 2000 then slowly decrease as well as the speed, no sudden change down off gear and rpm went up to above 2000. I did it just now on express way and without applying the brake for about 5 second. Can not try too Long as quite heavy traffic. Is this what you mentioned? Will try again tomorrow .

Bro numbintheheart , did you experience what bro ALS and some Bros encounter engine brake? I tried just now and don't know is it what they described. Mine is pretty smooth and no sudden change down gear.

(edited)

Bro numbintheheart , did you experience what bro ALS and some Bros encounter engine brake? I tried just now and don't know is it what they described. Mine is pretty smooth and no sudden change down gear.

for me,

running at 5th gear 2200 rpm

before reducing to gear 4th, lowest rpm achieve is about 1500rpm (at gear 5th)

BUT when it shift to gear 4th, the rpm rise up to about 2k and causes an mild engine brake like because the 4th gear is not smooth revving (high side at 2k) it should stay at 1500rpm or slightly lower. correct me if i am wrong

Edited by peanuttay

Congrats bro. U mentioned u booked a day before the car show. I book a week before the car show. Still havent collect. What color is your ride?

i chose existing stock colour - ice wine.

paid balance last Sun

for me,

running at 5th gear 2200 rpm

before reducing to gear 4th, lowest rpm achieve is about 1500rpm (at gear 5th)

BUT when it shift to gear 4th, the rpm rise up to about 2k and causes an mild engine brake like because the 4th gear is not smooth revving (high side at 2k) it should stay at 1500rpm or slightly lower. correct me if i am wrong

i also just tried that...at about 80 plus kmh release accelerator...no increase of rpm...just gradual decrease of speed...

does this only occur at 5th to 4th gear?? then my next qn will be...if we put to auto mode...from where we see the current gear?? sorry for my noobness

(edited)

i also just tried that...at about 80 plus kmh release accelerator...no increase of rpm...just gradual decrease of speed...

does this only occur at 5th to 4th gear?? then my next qn will be...if we put to auto mode...from where we see the current gear?? sorry for my noobness

i asked before my SE about the automatic mode.

she confirm with me that there are no ways to see the current gear in auto.

only if u are on manual mode then can see.

actually bascially all my gears will have mild engine brake.

i think it require some sort of electronic tunning on the auto gear box. dunno komoco can improve it or not.

sports mode in the other hand felt lesser as the revv is always high.. lol

eco mode yes but lesser. eco mode change gear at about 2k revv so maybe the gap is not that wide

normal mode can feel more on the engine brake. (more revv difference when lowering down the gear.)

Edited by peanuttay

Me too I can't see which gear It engage.

Actually from moving off from start , gear ratio will change with rpm moving to higher n reducing , there's where gear changing , now aday with auto car , technology have advance , as driver , we shouldn't be feeling any change of gear ratio , unless the car actually got problem?

Me too I can't see which gear It engage.

Hi bro , I am good , still adapting to the new car , lol, trying to make friend with tis toy hoping it's won't give me too much headache , hahaha

Hi bro , I am good , still adapting to the new car , lol, trying to make friend with tis toy hoping it's won't give me too much headache , hahaha

Bro did you go for PPS ? (Paint protection something like that) I intend to do it. Any recommendations ?

• Praise 1

Bro did you go for PPS ? (Paint protection something like that) I intend to do it. Any recommendations ?

Bro,

Which PPS u intend to go?

I DIY my own :wub:

Bro,

Which PPS u intend to go?

I DIY my own :wub:

U can't DIY PPS, have to get the professionals to do it.

There are many PPS merchants some of whom are sponsors here so good range to choose from.

• Praise 5

Is this an inherent problem? Seems like not every elantra bro experienced it. Come to think of it, din manage to test that during the test drive. I tot technology nowadays will.make the ride smooth. Only experienced this with an old previous ride.
  • Praise 2

Is this an inherent problem? Seems like not every elantra bro experienced it. Come to think of it, din manage to test that during the test drive. I tot technology nowadays will.make the ride smooth. Only experienced this with an old previous ride.

did you drive using the manual shift as well?

i guess our driving pattern plays a part too as every car...even from one generation to another of the same model might have some sort of a difference...

when i first started driving my new elantra...i had issues when accelerating from 40 to 50kmh...will always feel a sudden jerk/kickback...then i realised its my driving pattern...no issues now...

and to be honest...of cos i know that our auto transmission is never going to be as smooth or fast as DSG gearbox...but i think its good enough...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2