2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

I not comparing to DSG but to my previous ride ..avante....

Then "engine brake" feeling is like driving manual gearbox shifting down the gear.

In avante..letting go of the accelerator do not encounter this symptom...just curious if elantra is meant to be this way as both engine is CVVT. And letting go of accelerator to let the car slow to a stop i think is very common when u are approaching a red traffic light.. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I not comparing to DSG but to my previous ride ..avante....

Then "engine brake" feeling is like driving manual gearbox shifting down the gear.

In avante..letting go of the accelerator do not encounter this symptom...just curious if elantra is meant to be this way as both engine is CVVT. And letting go of accelerator to let the car slow to a stop i think is very common when u are approaching a red traffic light.. 

i am sorry bro if i was not good with my words...i understood what you were trying to mean...but was just saying...our driving pattern could make a difference...and even from generation to generation of the same model...the gearbox is slightly different...not 100% the same gearbox...according to my se

U can't DIY PPS, have to get the professionals to do it.

There are many PPS merchants some of whom are sponsors here so good range to choose from.

I should rephrase my sentence.

I DIY detailing for my ride including coating. [nod]

i am sorry bro if i was not good with my words...i understood what you were trying to mean...but was just saying...our driving pattern could make a difference...and even from generation to generation of the same model...the gearbox is slightly different...not 100% the same gearbox...according to my se

No worries Bro..i am just trying to find out if the symptom is a norm or a problem......don wish to have a new car the has problem....

i think i will inform them during my 1st servicing and see what is their explanation...

seem like some encounter it and some don't

U can't DIY PPS, have to get the professionals to do it.

There are many PPS merchants some of whom are sponsors here so good range to choose from.

Bro any recommendation vendor for blue flame treatment and how much it cost...

Bro any recommendation vendor for blue flame treatment and how much it cost...

Sorry bro, I'm not too familiar with blue flame treatment, in fact I've not heard of it.

More familiar with PPS which ranges from $500 to $1700 approx.

• Praise 3

(edited)

Sorry bro, I'm not too familiar with blue flame treatment, in fact I've not heard of it.

More familiar with PPS which ranges from $500 to $1700 approx.

I diy using optimum car was, only $25 a bottle. Used 3 applications liao, still got more than half a bottle left. And car bleaming and looking like brand new. Accent.

Don't waste money on pps.

Every 3 months, I just optimum wax the car. Just takes less than 15 minutes Nia.

http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-SW2008P-Car-Wax-oz/dp/B00GG9FI8I

Edited by Ivan_06
  • Praise 1

I diy using optimum car was, only $25 a bottle. Used 3 applications liao, still got more than half a bottle left. And car bleaming and looking like brand new. Accent.

Every 3 months, I just optimum wax the car. Just takes less than 15 minutes Nia.

Noted...true also ..kanna ding or scratch by small stone on road also suck thumb....

PPS protects the paintwork against minor scratches, stone chips etc.

Also, as there is a layer of protection; water marks, bird poo stains, tree saps and other stains don't leave marks so easily so when you wash your car, it's much easier as well.

My observation is that PPS doesn't really make your car gleaming nor shiny. That will require waxing.

Anyway, to each his own but in short PPS is a protection for your paintwork not a polish. Downside is that you will need to go back possibly annually for a re-application/ upkeep.

• Praise 4

How does PPS prevent stone chips? The only way I know against stone chip are either car bra or car stickers. Even sticker don't stand a chance if car is travelling at high speed.

PPS protects the paintwork against minor scratches, stone chips etc.

Also, as there is a layer of protection; water marks, bird poo stains, tree saps and other stains don't leave marks so easily so when you wash your car, it's much easier as well.

My observation is that PPS doesn't really make your car gleaming nor shiny. That will require waxing.

Anyway, to each his own but in short PPS is a protection for your paintwork not a polish. Downside is that you will need to go back possibly annually for a re-application/ upkeep.

• Praise 1

(edited)

How does PPS prevent stone chips? The only way I know against stone chip are either car bra or car stickers. Even sticker don't stand a chance if car is travelling at high speed.

PPS will not stop stone chips if the stone is big and heavy which is make sense for everyone. PPS will reduce swirl marks when you let aneh to wash your car. I don't even let komoco to do free car wash when sending for servicing. 

Edited by DonaldKuok
  • Praise 1

Bro,

U using Optimum products too. [wave]

I'm using Optimum gloss coat (semi permanent coating, lasting up to 2 years). Currently applied only a layer of it, intend to try another layer over this weekend.

Washing has been a breeze for me after the coating. I apply QD or wax after the wash to make it more sleek and shiny. [sunny]

• Praise 1

Minor pebble chips to be precise. Larger ones of course will have no protection against and even minor pebble chips at high speed will also not be protected.

Most of the pebble hits my car gets are minor ones from trucks carrying them to worksites and it's normally in our built up traffic ie slower traffic, so my paintwork usually gets reasonably protected and as such I'm quite happy with PPS and best part is the washing which I DIY every weekend is wash and wipe dry with almost no watermarks. 

Anyway as I said, to each his own and just sharing my experience vs my previous car which didn't use PPS. That car, I use slightly thicker tissue to wipe away bird poo, stubborn stains can leave swirl marks esp if not enough water.

• Praise 4

Mentioning about car washing , is it advisable to let anah wash or to manual car wash ? Which is better ?

Ownself wash the best.

Bro,

U using Optimum products too. [wave]

I'm using Optimum gloss coat (semi permanent coating, lasting up to 2 years). Currently applied only a layer of it, intend to try another layer over this weekend.

Washing has been a breeze for me after the coating. I apply QD or wax after the wash to make it more sleek and shiny. [sunny]

I see the steps involved during preparation, execution and post execution.. Haha too lazy for that. So just go for optimum car wax. Simple..

Mentioning about car washing , is it advisable to let anah wash or to manual car wash ? Which is better ?

Use the 2 buckets method to wash your car. Before that, splash your car with clean water. DO NOT use sponge but use high quality microfibre mitt. 

Apply water wax is good after washing the car. Then use microfibre clothes to dry. It leaves no water mark to the paint and smooth like butter.

I had 2 layers of 9H paint protection coating applied. Now, just need a small pail of water to wipe the car.

• Praise 1