2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Hi guys. Do u realise there are no dipstick to check atf? Owners manual doesnt mention also

Dipstick for engine oil... got dipstick for auto transmission fluid?
  • Praise 1

It's for their profits

also must factor in rebate level. if the bid amount is between your rebate level and tier 2's, you stand to gain what

(edited)

Only old jap cars has dipstick for atf, nowadays no more, i might be wrong though.

My prev latio also have.

Edited by Fessm

Only old jap cars has dipstick for atf, nowadays no more, i might be wrong though.

My prev latio also have.

My previous 2006 tucson comes with 2 dipsticks; for engine and auto gearbox.

I always check the level and colour for both oil and also all the necessary fluid level in engine bay for peace of mind.

Seems like new cars no more atf check.

User manual mention about following maintenance schedule only.

Dipstick for engine oil... got dipstick for auto transmission fluid?

Got.. my old school tucson.

Just dun feel comfortable not able to check the level n colour for atf

• Praise 1

Hi guys how is the new Elantra incabin noise? Say compare to Mazda 3 ? I prefer to have a Quiet in car caabin. Say based on say road and same brand of tyres used...

(edited)

Hi guys, today i went down to have a chat with my se since i was nearby. There was consistent flow of crowd in the showroom, timing as of 4.30pm. According to my se, km made a loss based on last round of bidding and a small handful of tier 1 didnt get it too. (Not sure how true though) So for the previous round of tier 2 customer we can consider ourself as the new pricing tier 3 dont pin too high hopes unless coe drops. Cheers and have a goodweekend.

Oh just to add there are still some sales but much lesser as some kcs chiong in book as they worried the price might go higher.

Edited by carrotzz

Hi guys how is the new Elantra incabin noise? Say compare to Mazda 3 ? I prefer to have a Quiet in car caabin. Say based on say road and same brand of tyres used...

I would hazard to say Elantra slightly better. I have test driven both cars before. But tire size and type are different. Different route also. I tested Mazda in Ubi and Elantra in Leng Kee. So may not be so comparable.

test driven the mazda 3 current model, find it pretty noisy comparable to prev gen vios.

Elantra is much quieter.

My previous 2006 tucson comes with 2 dipsticks; for engine and auto gearbox.

I always check the level and colour for both oil and also all the necessary fluid level in engine bay for peace of mind.

Seems like new cars no more atf check.

User manual mention about following maintenance schedule only.

Got.. my old school tucson.

Just dun feel comfortable not able to check the level n colour for atf

I think nowadays transmission is sealed, using long life ATF which doesn't need replacement. I read online that it isn't really true and should still be changed at least once during the 10 years...

got anyone here have the headrest vibrating issue? on the front seats? just curious

not that i know of...how is the vibration like?

Hi guys, was reading the past few posts, realised that the fc for this is between 10-14km/l?

some of the "better footed" bros manage better fc though...but i guess that is the normal range for the elantra

From reading this thread, it seems that 14 km/L is easily achieved if you moderate your driving style. 15 km/L only if you're extra careful.

I think nowadays transmission is sealed, using long life ATF which doesn't need replacement. I read online that it isn't really true and should still be changed at least once during the 10 years...

If you check your manual, it does specify when you should change the ATF. So it's not life long.

(edited)

not that i know of...how is the vibration like?

some of the "better footed" bros manage better fc though...but i guess that is the normal range for the elantra

like mild seat massaging. only the headrest is noticeable.

even my truck also dun vibrate when idle.. refering to the headrest

everytime i put my car idle for awhile when i am doing some configuration on the HU, den will feel the vibrating everytime i rest my head on the headrest.

off everything except the engine still vibrates. feel abit not comfortable cos after awhile will feel giddy lol

Edited by peanuttay

Get Komoco to check.

i told my se about it.. she say is normal.

so i was wonder does anyone have this issue before i ask the komoco to check. if not they will tell me is normal again

↡ Advertisement