2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Any bros experienced any issues with the trunk release lever on the floor of the driver seat of the GLS model?

There are times I tried to release the trunk using the lever but it doesn't engage. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't and have to use the release button from the key remote control?

Hello Bro

i did not check on the collection day, realize it on the 2nd day that the lever does not work at all. Jump at the service centre on the 3rd day why new car can be like that.

They send in for checking, they replace with new driver seat and i forgot don't know call what " ___ assembly"

Elantra ald no more on timing belt ald :D

Bro, any source on Elantra using timing chain?

Hello Bro

i did not check on the collection day, realize it on the 2nd day that the lever does not work at all. Jump at the service centre on the 3rd day why new car can be like that.

They send in for checking, they replace with new driver seat and i forgot don't know call what " ___ assembly"

I followed this checklist. Quite handy if you don't want to miss out the basic functionalities:

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/writeup.php?AID=8

(edited)

I got the same colour as you. Didn't regret as it's really nice. Anyone did paint protection? Any recommendations?

May I know what color is this?

May I know what color is this?

Just found out it is sparkling metal Edited by Ozkaki

average FC with typical 50% expressway, 50% inner roads.

cheers.

Bro, it's amazing to achieve this with 50/50 . The best I can get is 15.2km/l not forgetting I'm on 80% highway. Salute to you.

http://www.hyundainews.com/us/en/media/pressreleases/45576/hyundai-elantra-wins-2016-international-design-award

The 2017 Hyundai Elantra received the 2016 International Design Excellence (IDEA®) Bronze in the Automotive & Transportation 2016 Category. In the crowded compact car segment, the Elantra won for its outstanding and unique design.

The 2017 Hyundai Elantra is among more than 1,700 designs projects from 30-plus countries that competed in IDEA 2016. Jury Chair Cameron Campbell, IDSA, led a team of global design experts from June 3 to 6 at the iconic Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI to judge more than 600 finalists. 

Supersonic

http://www.hyundainews.com/us/en/media/pressreleases/45576/hyundai-elantra-wins-2016-international-design-award

The 2017 Hyundai Elantra received the 2016 International Design Excellence (IDEA®) Bronze in the Automotive & Transportation 2016 Category. In the crowded compact car segment, the Elantra won for its outstanding and unique design.

The 2017 Hyundai Elantra is among more than 1,700 designs projects from 30-plus countries that competed in IDEA 2016. Jury Chair Cameron Campbell, IDSA, led a team of global design experts from June 3 to 6 at the iconic Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI to judge more than 600 finalists. 

The new elantra design indeed looks even better than previous model, but too bad everytime when i look at the new elantra, it always reminds me of the i40 taxi. Lol.

The new elantra design indeed looks even better than previous model, but too bad everytime when i look at the new elantra, it always reminds me of the i40 taxi. Lol.

Like this one?  [;)]

comfortdelgro.jpg

post-175137-0-71559700-1468479515_thumb.jpg

2016-Hyundai-Elantra-front-three-quarter

Actually I was previously thinking y Elantra didn't adopt i40 taxi front grill design, wc it now did.

Supersonic

The resemblance is there... but the Elantra's design looks more proportionate and hence it looks cooler.

Think only the fog lights area difference between elantra and i40? Overall still looks pretty the same.

the elantra is definitely more proportionate than the taxi i40 model...however the resemblance will always be there...

but just look at the toyota wish...its not resemblance...its exactly the same model...yet there are still so many people buying that model...

to each of its own...cheers...

Wish is a practical ride, coupled w reasonable performance, fuel economy, good reliability n good resale value, I'd say it's most value for money buy. Only set back is not much improvement over the yrs, though some might say y revise so much for an oredi good selling product.

But noted mpv always lil changes compared to other cat

exactly there are always two sides to the coin...argue until the cows come home also there are always still the same two sides to the coin...

therefore...so long the owners (me included) are happie with our 'taxi-looking' car...then why want to continue to argue about the design look like taxi?

haha...for me, when i see a makan stall with long Q, i embrace the prospect of having a shiok makan and join the Q, i do not avoid it. It would be stupid of me to avoid a good makan just because a lot of other people are eating the same dish..haha.

today went for nice shopping in JB with wife. Pumped petrol till nearly overflow,,..unfortunately, no matter how hard i tried, managed around 15+km/l nia. guess too much makan, shopping and fuel in the car..haha.

my final observation on fuel consumption: elantra likes to stay above 80km/hr and prefers to travel light. haha.

cheers. 

haha...for me, when i see a makan stall with long Q, i embrace the prospect of having a shiok makan and join the Q, i do not avoid it. It would be stupid of me to avoid a good makan just because a lot of other people are eating the same dish..haha.

today went for nice shopping in JB with wife. Pumped petrol till nearly overflow,,..unfortunately, no matter how hard i tried, managed around 15+km/l nia. guess too much makan, shopping and fuel in the car..haha.

my final observation on fuel consumption: elantra likes to stay above 80km/hr and prefers to travel light. haha.

cheers. 

All depend on your right leg [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1