2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Earlier this year, the elite model was selling for 91k without discount. The SE did not mention anything to me about having any guaranteed package, she just said that KMC doesn't do guaranteed but I told her I wanted only guaranteed. Just because of that, they chased away a cash buyer.

I think it's the SE who didn't get you to trust him or her. My SE also said the same thing to me. I know him cos I bought a car from him 10 years ago... He also said no guaranteed. But he said with my car price, they will bid a certain value and he was pretty sure I would get my car. He said that the listed price is sure get price cos they have enough margin to cope with any fluctuations in the COE. So it's up to you whether you want a cheaper price and bet on the COE dropping enough to get your car... you can't have your cake and eat it. By the way, I didn't take a loan. Komoco doesn't require you to take loans. It has no impact on the final car price... they price their cars to ensure they get the COEs I don't understand why any car dealer would want not to get the COE for their potential Customer. Same for Renault where my dad bought his Fluence, pay less bid less... same principle...
↡ Advertisement

I think it's the SE who didn't get you to trust him or her. My SE also said the same thing to me. I know him cos I bought a car from him 10 years ago... He also said no guaranteed. But he said with my car price, they will bid a certain value and he was pretty sure I would get my car. He said that the listed price is sure get price cos they have enough margin to cope with any fluctuations in the COE. So it's up to you whether you want a cheaper price and bet on the COE dropping enough to get your car... you can't have your cake and eat it. By the way, I didn't take a loan. Komoco doesn't require you to take loans. It has no impact on the final car price... they price their cars to ensure they get the COEs I don't understand why any car dealer would want not to get the COE for their potential Customer. Same for Renault where my dad bought his Fluence, pay less bid less... same principle...

If car dealer managed to get the coe for their customers eventually without playing the top-up game, then i would say the dealer is sincere in closing deal for their potential customer. No point dealer offered car price which customer signed for, but keeps asking customer to top-up to secure higher bid for them, or even worst eventually didnt get any coe.

Edited by 13177

Maybe if you pay 91k without discount, you should get your car eventually, since it is consider selling you at list price. Elite model got sell at 91k so low before ah? Now 91k can only get you basic or S trim. Lol.

Last time can get elite for that price when the GLS was going for 88-89k. I remember they even have a very basic elantra with hand winding rear window mechanism LOL. 

I think the second batch was the cheapest...better price with more freebie

And depends on coe also...i was lucky to get it when coe was in the 40k range

I checked the pricelist. It seems that the 91k elite should be the earlier model in Jan. From 28 Feb, it starts to sell new model.

Yup, I think 40k range was a good time to enter. At that time, I thought it would further drop until suddenly the loan curb came.

I checked the pricelist. It seems that the 91k elite should be the earlier model in Jan. From 28 Feb, it starts to sell new model.

Yup, I think 40k range was a good time to enter. At that time, I thought it would further drop until suddenly the loan curb came.

yea I think he meant the previous model for 91k.

I got mine first batch at just below 100k during 40k range coe

I checked the pricelist. It seems that the 91k elite should be the earlier model in Jan. From 28 Feb, it starts to sell new model.

Aren't we all wiser on hindsight?

I bet you if COE goes down to $40k range, some buyers will still hesitate and say can go down some more and if it goes back up, they'll say "I should have booked then"  [laugh]

• Praise 3

Aren't we all wiser on hindsight?

I bet you if COE goes down to $40k range, some buyers will still hesitate and say can go down some more and if it goes back up, they'll say "I should have booked then" [laugh]

hahaha I won't call it wiser on hindsight but lucky for me...based on today coe I might not be able to afford it anymore

hahaha I won't call it wiser on hindsight but lucky for me...based on today coe I might not be able to afford it anymore

Exactly so just do your individual sums and if can afford just go and book. Of course, we want a car at the cheapest price but how many of us actually manage to do that? Not forgetting most of us would have an existing car to get rid off as well so it works 2 ways. 

Happy to hear you got the car, enjoy!!

• Praise 3

I think whether top up or not still depends on the coe at that point of time and the car package that you have signed. If you have signed for a unrealistic car package and coe rebate offered by kmc, and the coe keeps going up. It means you would not get your car even you dont intend to top up. Cause dont think kmc would want to earn so little by bidding high coe for you.

Well it really depends, some of us here ordered ours in May when the COE was at 47K, cheapest price for S trim was 89999, after 6 bids we didn't get, refused to too up, but still managed to get it at the seventh bid, COE was 51.5K, without any top-ups.

So it really depends on how urgent you need your new car, and whether you want to buy in the marketing tactic "won't get car if don't top up".

Also, it also depends on the sales team's overall figures, if overall figures is such that most of the team's clients top up and they have a good margin, then those who die also won't top up might have a chance to be slotted in and get their COEs too.

So it really depends...

Well it really depends, some of us here ordered ours in May when the COE was at 47K, cheapest price for S trim was 89999, after 6 bids we didn't get, refused to too up, but still managed to get it at the seventh bid, COE was 51.5K, without any top-ups.

So it really depends on how urgent you need your new car, and whether you want to buy in the marketing tactic "won't get car if don't top up".

Also, it also depends on the sales team's overall figures, if overall figures is such that most of the team's clients top up and they have a good margin, then those who die also won't top up might have a chance to be slotted in and get their COEs too.

So it really depends...

You mean after 6 bids you didnt get your coe, and didnt top up and yet kmc still bid for you at 7th bid? Did you signed up for NC 6 coe bids or 9 bids?

You mean after 6 bids you didnt get your coe, and didnt top up and yet kmc still bid for you at 7th bid? Did you signed up for NC 6 coe bids or 9 bids?

honestly My SE didn't tell me anyhing about 6 bids 9bids or whatever tiers, it's just those no frills sales at lowest discounted price.

honestly My SE didn't tell me anyhing about 6 bids 9bids or whatever tiers, it's just those no frills sales at lowest discounted price.

You are lucky, no need to top up and yet they bid for you even coe went up. Lol.

i also did not take any loan.

Maybe that explained why we were offered the same freebies excluding your extra 1k lol.

The SE once told me actually if you did not take loan, you will need to pay a higher price since they are not able to earn anything from the interest.. they said other brands got extra charges. dunno how true is it.

Edited by peanuttay
  • Praise 1

They were silly..

Yeah some companies are in the business of selling cars, and they price in the COE, but many buyers just want a car, no 'chu' pattern, with these tiers and such. A smooth transaction and a straightforward deal.

I believe hyundai does not wanna offer gtd deals becos non-gtd deals provide them with buffer against sudden spike in coe. Their tier 1 price is likely based on next COE to be at a level that does not exceed the previous COE by too much. Tats y most, if not all, hyundai car buyers will get their bid if the COE remain stable or drop. Its a way to protect their margin.
  • Praise 1

If car dealer managed to get the coe for their customers eventually without playing the top-up game, then i would say the dealer is sincere in closing deal for their potential customer. No point dealer offered car price which customer signed for, but keeps asking customer to top-up to secure higher bid for them, or even worst eventually didnt get any coe.

Generally that's my impression of Hyundai. The rash of new owners since Jan this year, most of them got their cars at the first bid. But the car companies are realistic to also realise that there are people who want to try their luck. Hence there is a choice to buy a car at their price comfort. When my dad booked his Renault Fluence, there was customer that the SE was still handling who wanted the car at $90K. The price was $107K at that point. So they took his price but bid for the COE way below the prevailing price. The prevailing COE was about $56K I think. So obviously they have a price where you have practically no chance to get your COE, and they tell you that, but if you're not realistic about the pricing, then don't blame the car dealer leh... by the way my dad got his COE on the second bid when the COE went up. The first bid I think they were clearing backlog.
  • Praise 1

Generally that's my impression of Hyundai. The rash of new owners since Jan this year, most of them got their cars at the first bid. But the car companies are realistic to also realise that there are people who want to try their luck. Hence there is a choice to buy a car at their price comfort. When my dad booked his Renault Fluence, there was customer that the SE was still handling who wanted the car at $90K. The price was $107K at that point. So they took his price but bid for the COE way below the prevailing price. The prevailing COE was about $56K I think. So obviously they have a price where you have practically no chance to get your COE, and they tell you that, but if you're not realistic about the pricing, then don't blame the car dealer leh... by the way my dad got his COE on the second bid when the COE went up. The first bid I think they were clearing backlog.

In a way you can say that cant blame car dealer if customer is not realistic about the pricing. But firstly also what the car dealer offered to customer lo. If dealer find the pricing not realistic, then they should not offer across the board to customers, and later when coe did not meet the range of the car price offered, who to blame then? Lol.

• Praise 1

In a way you can say that cant blame car dealer if customer is not realistic about the pricing. But firstly also what the car dealer offered to customer lo. If dealer find the pricing not realistic, then they should not offer across the board to customers, and later when coe did not meet the range of the car price offered, who to blame then? Lol.

The problem is that forum members and other buyers pay attention to these "cheap" deals.

Say someone bid at 80k, because he is 'trying', there will be those amongst us who are fishing amongst many sales reps, and then take it as the price they want to pay.

A good rep will advise them and even tell them they won't do the deal. But some will take their money.

Then others get upset when they are asked to pay the realistic price. Whether it's a ploy by the agents or just as a result of certain buyers pushing their luck, you can see that these prices are pushed to the front, and it makes those who paid more upset and everyone wants to pay 80k for a Elantra..

↡ Advertisement