2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

As one of those failed Elantra buyers, seeing an Elantra on the road gives similar feeling as seeing an ex-gf.

Now, I'm "married", having secured my COE for another MIK ride, fortunately, without having to top up.

But unlike ex-gf, I have full praises for the Elantra. Beautiful. Ageless. Graceful. Enjoy your elegant Elantra ride!

So you were one of the failed 83k elantra buyer ah? Lol. So after driving another MIK ride, do you still prefer elantra or your new ride?

↡ Advertisement

My Elantra hitting 1 k service, so far the light steering wheel from light feel becoming stiffer, need feedback to them, and the dumb Hu every time press nav n map, it voice out "pls drive carefully " , and my fc is 10.4km per litre.

Approaching 5k soon and read that KMC dont do much during 5k servicing. If I skip it, will warranty be affected?

i skip also.. my SE tell me dun come unless you think got any parts defective. It is free but waste of time.

My Elantra hitting 1 k service, so far the light steering wheel from light feel becoming stiffer, need feedback to them, and the dumb Hu every time press nav n map, it voice out "pls drive carefully " , and my fc is 10.4km per litre.

Maybe it will better better after the 1k servicing?!

Sounds like a steering pump leak?

Went 10k km servicing today.

Komoco damage: $38.45 for oil filter and tyre rotation/balancing.

Brought my own Engine Oil (4 quart Mobil Gold 5W20 from Mx tradings at $15 per quart = $60)

Nice smooth feeling for the drive from Komoco back home. Car is more responsive and light on the accelerator. Will monitor further and see if this EO is really good.

how long was the waiting time?

good that they vacuum and wash your car after servicing

• Praise 1

Nowadays the steering is electric type...where got steering pump?

Ah yes... I forgot that the power steering now changed to electric type... then might be a failing bearing or motor... or maybe he just got used to the steering weight...

When I first changed car, I also felt the steering was super light compared to my previous car which used hydraulic power steering... now I find it a bit heavy too... ha ha ha...

• Praise 1

Ah yes... I forgot that the power steering now changed to electric type... then might be a failing bearing or motor... or maybe he just got used to the steering weight...

When I first changed car, I also felt the steering was super light compared to my previous car which used hydraulic power steering... now I find it a bit heavy too... ha ha ha...

If you drove a toyota car before, then you would not find elantra steering light liao. Lol.

• Praise 1

how long was the waiting time?

good that they vacuum and wash your car after servicing

The wait was a nightmare.

It was a Monday. 

9.45am      Appointment

11.40am    Called my number ( told me ready in 2 hours BUT .........

4.15pm      Car ready.

Was told the waiting time is longer for Mondays and Fridays. So best if you can avoid these days.

• Praise 1

Brought my own Engine Oil (4 quart Mobil Gold 5W20 from Mx tradings at $15 per quart = $60)

Nice smooth feeling for the drive from Komoco back home. Car is more responsive and light on the accelerator. Will monitor further and see if this EO is really good.

Did Komoco charged you the "Disposal fee" for using own EO?
  • Praise 1

The wait was a nightmare.

It was a Monday. 

9.45am      Appointment

11.40am    Called my number ( told me ready in 2 hours BUT .........

4.15pm      Car ready.

Was told the waiting time is longer for Mondays and Fridays. So best if you can avoid these days.

I usually vacuum my car weekly (cos kids eat in the car at times) and wash either weekly or once every 2 weeks. I did not check on the quality of their vacuum ( cos its quite clean to start with) but they din really dry the car properly after the wash ( generally dry but can be better). Even when i collect the car, the service personnel also say "paiseh, din dry properly". 

• Praise 1

W20 is very light but enough to protect. More responsive but noisier engine.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1