2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Wow, this is useful info. Didn't know that we are eligible for updates. Any idea for how long?

Not sure how long. Just goto the galactio website and the instructions are there.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Thanks for the info. Assume that the trye for 16" is around 8kg, the rims is rather heavy. Yes, planning to get enkei which is about 6kg per rim for 17" that's why want to make sure the rim can fit. But based on user manual, it states 225 instead of 215, will be it too wide given offset of 45?

225 and et45 will be flush to the wheel arch. It will look good but if you drive on rainy days the dirty water will splash on the side of the car.

Which enkei is 6kg? Most are closer to 7kg or more. And those are stated weights, sometimes if you weigh it on a scale it might be more than that.

E.g Advanti Hybris (6.8kg printed on rim) measured nearly 7.8kg.

225 and et45 will be flush to the wheel arch. It will look good but if you drive on rainy days the dirty water will splash on the side of the car.

Which enkei is 6kg? Most are closer to 7kg or more. And those are stated weights, sometimes if you weigh it on a scale it might be more than that.

E.g Advanti Hybris (6.8kg printed on rim) measured nearly 7.8kg.

Yes, my bad you are right. Its quite close to 7kg. I'm looking at the rpf1. Yup, based on paper spec so not sure whether how accurate it is.
  • Praise 1

According to Amazon UK.

The Kumho Ecowing KH27 205/55/16 is 8.8kg

That means the stock 16" rim is 8.7kg assuming the stated weights are accurate.

Bro... very few cars have adaptive cruise control... having cruise control on a 1.6 L is already a very recent development... only the really top end models of the top end brands have adaptive cruise control... even the Sonata in the US doesn't have adaptive cruise control if I am not wrong... you have to specify and pay a lot more for it...

thanks for the info, i just unlocked CC on my car and was trying to find out if its the same or different version. 

Bro... very few cars have adaptive cruise control... having cruise control on a 1.6 L is already a very recent development... only the really top end models of the top end brands have adaptive cruise control... even the Sonata in the US doesn't have adaptive cruise control if I am not wrong... you have to specify and pay a lot more for it...

thanks for the info, i just unlocked CC on my car and was trying to find out if its the same or different version. 

Fellow elantra drivers, do remember to go register for your account at nav.galactio.com to be eligible for future map updates.

I have not seen this mentioned in this thread, but it appears our 8" headunit is eligible. You just need to register using your device ID.

thanks for the info, 

do you know if we can change the speech file to another voice? 

• Praise 1

Where to find this device ID??

Look into the options page.

Cruise control nt really useful for sg roads unless u often drive at night in expressway..

It really depends on how fast you want to drive and of course road conditions... I use it most of the time cos I drive during off peak... helps save a lot of fuel...
  • Praise 1

thanks for the info, 

do you know if we can change the speech file to another voice? 

Oh what do you mean unlock CC? Wah speech file means you need to do some mods... are you referring to the navigation voice from Galatico? Can go to the website and download other voices if available....

Oh what do you mean unlock CC? Wah speech file means you need to do some mods... are you referring to the navigation voice from Galatico? Can go to the website and download other voices if available....

Can have cruise besides elite version?

Edited by 3pinplug
  • Praise 1

Can have cruise besides elite version?

I think the answer is yes. I've read on hyundai forum n someone managed to install the one to one cruise control from sharkracing.com n it's working. Just replace the steering wheel control with the one with cruise control.

I am driving the basic version. I managed to get this icon on my dash with a small part replacement.

Anyway the steps are easily reversible and cruise is a good to have, not a need to have. 

post-180087-0-77698800-1490518205.jpg

I am driving the basic version. I managed to get this icon on my dash with a small part replacement.

Anyway the steps are easily reversible and cruise is a good to have, not a need to have.

I am curious what did you change?

I agree. I don't even know what caused this problem, how to argue with them that it is factory defect? Unless got many more cases of the new Elantra which are having the same problem as me. Can only claim my own insurance lor. Btw, claim insurance for windscreen will affect NCD?? My insurer is AXA... 

interesting read -

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/whats-purpose-those-dots-your-car-windshield-john-para?published=t

Where can we install? I'm driving a 2015 elite model which does not come with CC function. 

Yup, I actually posted this back in December. It works and I gained cc. No need for any drilling or breaking of plastics.

Where can we install? I'm driving a 2015 elite model which does not come with CC function.

I think it's a different model, u need to check online to find if it's compatible.
  • Praise 1

Oh? So buy changing the steering wheel fascia to the one with the cruise control buttons and connecting the necessary wires to the right ports in the dash, the car now has cruise control? Wow! So simple??? And the light bulbs for the cruise control function are already present? Don't need to open the meters to install? Have you tested the cruise control? Does it work properly? Does it lock your car's speed? Does it release the car from cruise control when you step on the brakes? Can you resume to the last set speed?

Yup, I actually posted this back in December. It works and I gained cc. No need for any drilling or breaking of plastics.

I think it's a different model, u need to check online to find if it's compatible.

Should be the same mechanism... just whether the steering wheel design changed or not...
↡ Advertisement