2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Just collected my ride today, still trying to get used to the new ride :D

The free solar film I gotten is from Glymaxx and it's IRR 30-40% + (Can't remember), VLT 70%. I asked what is their top-up option and they refused to disclose the price as they are afraid I am a competitor, instead, requested for me to come down to their shop to find out more on their top-up option (Platinum).

I asked for a price range for the top-up option as I do not want to make a wasted trip if the offer is not compeitive, and they refused to budge. Gosh.

Congrat bro on the new ride.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The free solar film I gotten is from Glymaxx and it's IRR 30-40% + (Can't remember), VLT 70%. I asked what is their top-up option and they refused to disclose the price as they are afraid I am a competitor, instead, requested for me to come down to their shop to find out more on their top-up option (Platinum).

I asked for a price range for the top-up option as I do not want to make a wasted trip if the offer is not compeitive, and they refused to budge. Gosh.

Top up is $500. The free one is okay le.
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

Do you need to go down to install the free solar film? If yes, then you still need to go down anyway, can ask them the price when you installing the free solar film la.

Congrats bro! solar film this week, paint protection next week for me :D

What paint protection you intend to do le?

Do you need to go down to install the free solar film? If yes, then you still need to go down anyway, can ask them the price when you installing the free solar film la.

What paint protection you intend to do le?

Actually I just need a mid-range solar film, the free one from Glymaxx is the basic one and the next top-up is their high-end package at $500. I guess I will be heading over to Zen (IRR 80%, VLT 70%) as the price is within my comfort level.

For paint protection, I will be engaging happycar, read some good reviews about it and for Elantra, it's $200 for 2 ceramic coatings. I will share my experience next week after their service. :)

Do note that the only value you should be concerned about for solar film is TSER and not IRR. IRR rating is not standardized. One vendor may only quote a limited bandwidth of IR and claim 99% at xxnm. There will be a situation where a higher IRR rated film may be less effective than a lower one if one attenuates across a wider bandwidth vs the other.

TSER is the total solar energy + heat reduction that the film will give you and is the industry standard.

• Praise 1

Actually I just need a mid-range solar film, the free one from Glymaxx is the basic one and the next top-up is their high-end package at $500. I guess I will be heading over to Zen (IRR 80%, VLT 70%) as the price is within my comfort level.

For paint protection, I will be engaging happycar, read some good reviews about it and for Elantra, it's $200 for 2 ceramic coatings. I will share my experience next week after their service. :)

$200 ceramic is very cheap, I paid $899. Do feedback after few month if u engaged them.

I never take free solar or upgrade from komoco, I go straight to vkool with special price arrangement from my sale. No regret, don't need to cool for minutes n drive off which my old ride used too when park outdoor

Got my ride back on Sat n they said is Clang shaft spoilt not timing chain... I think they also change my engine oil.. wondering does it mean I can skip one ^^;

i understand the logic about the low batt gives slower cranking speed because of low batt voltage & higher current consume by the starter.

But my batt just dead without giving any indication lol. i park at the car park and return after 30min.

try to start and the panel is flickering (starter is not cranking at all) i even have problem opening the door so i thot my key batt fail..

But in the end is my car batt fail. I do alot of short trips.. like 5km 2ways at least (total 10km)

Maybe i should buy a batt charger or put a spare one in my boot.. lol

Warranty is not very long right? i assume is about 2 year?

Same as u, my car battery dead on the 10th mth.. I go home n take my standby key suspecting my existing one no battery...When battery dead the brake also become stiff n hard to press. My previous latio no such issue le.. seriously they Shld separate the brake

Turbocharged

Good service but also can't expect too much for $200. The guy was using a new cloth when buffing off the coating, left a lot of fibres all over the place. But all gone after I washed the car the following week. Other than that, the coating was great, especially on the rims - much lesser brake dust stuck to the rims now. However it's been almost 9 months since I did the coating and now the effect is no longer as good as day 1, though still better than uncoated.

Hi guy

anyone knows what is the cost of the parts for our 1k and 10k servicing?

1k n 10k no parts to pay.. for free servicing only provide the basic one, those wear n tear parts need to pay separately..

Hello. For those that is collecting their car. Can share what is the omv for their s TIER elantra?

Able to advise y omv is important? Saw on K3 sx sport, they only around 16k. Lucky mine higher abit nia. Lucky never go buy SX sport.

But how to calculate?

Able to advise y omv is important? Saw on K3 sx sport, they only around 16k. Lucky mine higher abit nia. Lucky never go buy SX sport.

But how to calculate?

Omv matters on how much will the value be when you scrap your car and we use it to calculate the depreciation. Normally it state on your log car. Or u can check using one motoring.

Supersonic

You mean solar film from Zen is cheaper and better than glymaxx high end package?

Good service but also can't expect too much for $200. The guy was using a new cloth when buffing off the coating, left a lot of fibres all over the place. But all gone after I washed the car the following week. Other than that, the coating was great, especially on the rims - much lesser brake dust stuck to the rims now. However it's been almost 9 months since I did the coating and now the effect is no longer as good as day 1, though still better than uncoated.

So this 2 ceramic coatings from happycar can last for around 9 months? Wonder anyone done the tuffi system 6 paint protection, how it is and how much?!

You mean solar film from Zen is cheaper and better than glymaxx high end package?

So this 2 ceramic coatings from happycar can last for around 9 months? Wonder anyone done the tuffi system 6 paint protection, how it is and how much?!

The top-up for Glymaxx high-end option is $500. I hardly park under direct sunlight so I do not need such high heat rejection, moreover, the conversation I had with them through the phone didn't me with a good impression of the company.

I took the mid-range option from Zen. Application wise, I can't find any fault. Waiting for the 2-day curing period now.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

The top-up for Glymaxx high-end option is $500. I hardly park under direct sunlight so I do not need such high heat rejection, moreover, the conversation I had with them through the phone didn't me with a good impression of the company.

I took the mid-range option from Zen. Application wise, I can't find any fault. Waiting for the 2-day curing period now.

So how much is Zen?

• Praise 2

Hello. For those that is collecting their car. Can share what is the omv for their s TIER elantra?

Basic gls shld be ard 11k

S trim shld be ard 13k

Elite shld be close to 17 to 18k

• Praise 2

my omv is 17875

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1