2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Hi all, I have just put deposit on an Elantra 'S' model last week @ $93,999 with 6 bids non guaranteed.

Coe was at $47k , currently awaiting for next coe bidding.

How is Komoco's success rate in their 1st bid hit rate ?

What if the coe bounce back to 50k ?

omv for S model is 14k x 2.35=32.9k.

Even coe 50k,plus 32.9k=82.9k

Sell you 94k,profit 11k.

Don't worry,you will get it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

I brought my own engine oil for 1k servicing and final bill $15.05 (incl gst).

I think I will bring my own next time as I have personal preference towards Pennzoil rather then Shell.

The recommended engine oil grade is 5w30 right?

Edited by Splinter
  • Praise 1

Mine is labour cost free. Is it normal for 1K servicing to cost $100.6?

Could not send my car for 1K servicing on my own today, got my family member to send it. I was told the engine oil replacement costs $100.60.

Bro... ur SE provide u any paper for the servicing ? Sales contract of free servicing? Need to produce then free. Dame Zzzz.. its not in their system.

They ask me pay too, then i ask them about the free servicing thingy. They say need to produce the servicing paper contract then its free. Mine got 2yrs or 40k, so have to bring every service.

• Praise 1

Bro... ur SE provide u any paper for the servicing ? Sales contract of free servicing? Need to produce then free. Dame Zzzz.. its not in their system.

They ask me pay too, then i ask them about the free servicing thingy. They say need to produce the servicing paper contract then its free. Mine got 2yrs or 40k, so have to bring every service.

Bro, just checked, mine is 3 first three servicing are free, it's in their system so I do not need to produce any letter. Seems like you have a better offer!

Supersonic

Maybe yours is free labour only.

Neutral Newbie

omv for S model is 14k x 2.35=32.9k.

Even coe 50k,plus 32.9k=82.9k

Sell you 94k,profit 11k.

Don't worry,you will get it.

Well noted . Thanks so much for the explanation man, hope for the best !

Hi,

is there any workshop to recommend for changing of headlight bulb to either philips crystal vision or osram blue intense other than autobac?

thanks

Neutral Newbie

Need some guru's advise. Had bought a 2017 hyundai elantra in April this year. Just did my 1k servicing 1 week back using castrol edge performance 5w20. Pick up is sluggish especially at RPM from 0 to 2 will feel a "change in gear" It is noticeable at 0km to 50km. From 8l/100km rose to 11l/ 100km and nv came back down.

On 17inch rim, 95 SPC petrol. Should i bring it back to kmc? Appreciate your valuable inputs.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Need some guru's advise. Had bought a 2017 hyundai elantra in April this year. Just did my 1k servicing 1 week back using castrol edge performance 5w20. Pick up is sluggish especially at RPM from 0 to 2 will feel a "change in gear" It is noticeable at 0km to 50km. From 8l/100km rose to 11l/ 100km and nv came back down.

On 17inch rim, 95 SPC petrol. Should i bring it back to kmc? Appreciate your valuable inputs.

The pick up will improve significantly if you change to 15" rims on tyres 195/65R15. Less drag Edited by Vinceng

Your oil is too lightweight... suggest you switch to 5W30 for better protection... especially when our weather is very hot and you're stuck in slow traffic.

As for the fuel consumption, you're probably very heavy-footed and/or travel in very heavy traffic. Don't expect sub-10 sec pick up for 0-100 kmh lar... there's nothing wrong with your car... it's your foot lar... change your driving pattern if you want better fuel consumption... otherwise live with it lor... 

(edited)

Your oil is too lightweight... suggest you switch to 5W30 for better protection... especially when our weather is very hot and you're stuck in slow traffic.

As for the fuel consumption, you're probably very heavy-footed and/or travel in very heavy traffic. Don't expect sub-10 sec pick up for 0-100 kmh lar... there's nothing wrong with your car... it's your foot lar... change your driving pattern if you want better fuel consumption... otherwise live with it lor...

I was surprise to see mazda 3 car uses 0w-20 also if i am not wrong.. currently i am using the 5w40 shell. But the coming servicing will change to 5w30 shell. Abit worry if it is bad for engine. But i doubt so as i always hit ard 2k - 2.5k rpm and the max i go 3k which is very rare.

Hi,

is there any workshop to recommend for changing of headlight bulb to either philips crystal vision or osram blue intense other than autobac?

thanks

I changed myself.. very easy to change.

If not you can go to autobac. They will change for you but got a fee of few dollars i think.

Crystal vision is nice with a small tint of yellow like HID due to our brightest halogen model hb3 (without any blurish cover on the glass bulb).

Don't change to diamond vision.. really very bad light performance.

Edited by peanuttay

I was surprise to see mazda 3 car uses 0w-20 also if i am not wrong.. currently i am using the 5w40 shell. But the coming servicing will change to 5w30 shell. Abit worry if it is bad for engine. But i doubt so as i always hit ard 2k - 2.5k rpm and the max i go 3k which is very rare.

If not you can go to autobac. They will change for you but got a fee of few dollars i think.

5W30 is recommended in the car manual... but not 5W20 or lighter oils...

5W30 is recommended in the car manual... but not 5W20 or lighter oils...

Hmm sorry i am newbie. Not very good in cars.

But i attach the page about engine oil for hyundai elantra 2017 for your reference.

post-172996-0-71137700-1496372076_thumb.png

(edited)

Crystal vision is nice with a small tint of yellow like HID due to our brightest halogen model hb3 (without any blurish cover on the glass bulb).

Don't change to diamond vision.. really very bad light performance.

bro, change of light will void warranty right?

i guess it's your rims, nothing to do with EO because w20 is recommended as per our manual

for the "change in gear" feeling, i only get it when car is cold. 

my EO using mobil green cap 0w30 

FC wise, you mentioned you are light footed. for me, i am more aggressive, take off at lights is usually 3k rpm for first gear change and 3.5k rpm for 2nd gear change. then i will cruise at 80-90kmh. i cover alot of expressways and my FC hovers between 12-14km/l

current mileage of car is 2,000km

Edited by Shanhz

i guess it's your rims, nothing to do with EO because w20 is recommended as per our manual

FC wise, you mentioned you are light footed. for me, i am more aggressive, take off at lights is usually 3k rpm for first gear change and 3.5k rpm for 2nd gear change. then i will cruise at 80-90kmh. i cover alot of expressways and my FC hovers between 12-14km/l

Ya but the warranty is only 1 year.. my car is 1 year & 1month liao Camera also change to iroad v9.

3k / 3.5k rpm the engine sounded quite harsh, although you can really feel the power of it + the reponsive make you wanna go even higher.

But i think long run will have more wear and tear right? Although compare to turbo cars, NA engine have longer life span due to lower heat emitted.

Neutral Newbie

Ya lo, wanted to go for mobil 5w 20 because it was recommended in manual. For pick up i dont rev to rpm 2.., most of the time city drive. I park outdoor whole day at work, dont think hot right.

But if weather hot then shouldnt 5w 20 smoother? Nv expect alot of pick up la bro but the feeling of sluggish move from pick up is very gao wei. Dunno is it rev not enough.

Turbocharged

Your 0-2k rpm driving is causing your poor FC. I am also on 17 inch rims and 95 petrol. Daily trip to and from work is 100% city, 1 hour each way, 25km. Driving off from traffic lights between 2-4k depending on mood. Still achieving overall FC of 12km/L or 8L/100km.

↡ Advertisement