2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

I was surprise to see mazda 3 car uses 0w-20 also if i am not wrong.. currently i am using the 5w40 shell. But the coming servicing will change to 5w30 shell. Abit worry if it is bad for engine. But i doubt so as i always hit ard 2k - 2.5k rpm and the max i go 3k which is very rare.

I changed myself.. very easy to change.

If not you can go to autobac. They will change for you but got a fee of few dollars i think.

Crystal vision is nice with a small tint of yellow like HID due to our brightest halogen model hb3 (without any blurish cover on the glass bulb).

Don't change to diamond vision.. really very bad light performance.

May I know how much u bought your crystal vision?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Ya lo, wanted to go for mobil 5w 20 because it was recommended in manual. For pick up i dont rev to rpm 2.., most of the time city drive. I park outdoor whole day at work, dont think hot right.

But if weather hot then shouldnt 5w 20 smoother? Nv expect alot of pick up la bro but the feeling of sluggish move from pick up is very gao wei. Dunno is it rev not enough.

Eh nope... the hotter the weather the thicker oil is recommended... the colder the weather the lighter the oil... it's got to do with the oil not breaking down, and also fluid enough at the given temperature to flow smoothly for cold starts... most applicable to temperate climes...

Neutral Newbie

Eh nope... the hotter the weather the thicker oil is recommended... the colder the weather the lighter the oil... it's got to do with the oil not breaking down, and also fluid enough at the given temperature to flow smoothly for cold starts... most applicable to temperate climes...

Meaning, my current 5w 20 haven so called "season yet"? maybe, 10k servicing, i try 5w 30

May I know how much u bought your crystal vision?

Thanks

I bought at autobac.. the bukit batok branch.

But i forgotten how much.. sorry.

If you want the latest white vision, you can buy from Australia http://www.blingworkauto.com.au

You can email them to purchase the product.. but their airfreight not cheap.

(edited)

Meaning, my current 5w 20 haven so called "season yet"? maybe, 10k servicing, i try 5w 30

I think 5w30 is good for all time summer country like singapore for NA engine.. for lubricant at the combustion chamber and piston area.. Too thin will increase the wear rate.. especially for those people like to rev higher.

Not neccesary 2k rpm will have high FC.. because elite model got eco mode. It will upshift gear faster than normal mode.. which may not lose out in terms of speed.

And it restricted sudden torque surge that will waste alot of fuel / unburn fuel. Which may be ended up poor in overtaking..

Could it be your ECU restrict or badly timed the combustion during acceleration because some things has changed?

A small experiment you can check on your oil is to look at the dip stick when the engine is cold & after 1 hour of driving.

Edited by peanuttay

I like Duragloss products, been using it since my previous ride. :)

I washed the car myself. How about you bro?

I went pertol kiosk carwash.

Just send my car for servicing at komoco and get to know that the oil they are using is 5w40. I ask whether can change to 5w30 but he say no option available even if I willing to top up. 5w30 is only for those that had purchased the servicing package.

I found it was ridiculous and the attitude for the customer service is Damn poor.

I will bring my oil next time

Turbocharged

Just send my car for servicing at komoco and get to know that the oil they are using is 5w40. I ask whether can change to 5w30 but he say no option available even if I willing to top up. 5w30 is only for those that had purchased the servicing package.

I found it was ridiculous and the attitude for the customer service is Damn poor.

I will bring my oil next time

Komoco servicing quite ridiculous. Bring your oil next time and take the oil change package.

Later go back check with the counter, last time they will deduct $70 if you bring own oil. Better make sure still got such deduction else really bang wall.

So 5w40 or 5w30 better???komoco give me 5w30 shell

5w30 is more fuel economy.

The guy say it more expensive.

Komoco servicing quite ridiculous. Bring your oil next time and take the oil change package.

Later go back check with the counter, last time they will deduct $70 if you bring own oil. Better make sure still got such deduction else really bang wall.

He did mention reduction of 60 or 70. I forgot the actual amount.

But I found his attitude quite bad. Like not willing to help or answer your question. Give me a feeling that Hey just sign and go dun ask too much.

TMD

He did mention reduction of 60 or 70. I forgot the actual amount.

But I found his attitude quite bad. Like not willing to help or answer your question. Give me a feeling that Hey just sign and go dun ask too much.

TMD

I signed up the package then realise can bring own engine oil..regretted lol

https://paultan.org/2017/06/02/2017-hyundai-elantra-open-for-booking-in-malaysia-2-0-mpi-from-rm120k-1-6-turbo-sport-for-rm135k/

Meanwhile in SG..... we try really hard to justify why its a great to pay $110k for a whezzy and low tech 1.6L Gamma II non GDI...

Oh yes, gov scholars said high tech direct injections are bad for the env... low teach PFI is the best!. Best statement from someone who don't even know how engines work.... 

↡ Advertisement