2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

I collected my car since Dec 16, and is a first time car owner. How do I check whether do I need to top up coolant?

For me I only check tyre pressure via TPMS and once a month check engine oil dipstick and also topup windscreen wiper tank.

Is there any other regular maintenance items I am supposed to check?

When u chk engine oil wif dip stick. Coolants is just before the dipstick. Good to take a look. Engine oil n coolant is most important for car, i suppose.

IMPORTANT:Dont open ur radiator cap when engine is hot.

Meanwhile can also fill up ur wiper water at left side of coolant.

↡ Advertisement

Hi I am thinking of getting the Elantra, but no sure whether to choose the S model or the Elite version. Any one can help with your own experience/recommendations?

Hi I am thinking of getting the Elantra, but no sure whether to choose the S model or the Elite version. Any one can help with your own experience/recommendations?

Depending on your budget, the Elite is fully loaded with luxury gadget where as the S is just basic. So, which way you gonna take? I'll take the elite if it's me...

My understanding for S model:

15" rims

No led day running light

No rain wiper sensor

Locally fitted leather seats

Manual seat adjustment

No leather wrapped steering wheel

Fabric door panel

No button to open boot at rear but comes with smart trunk

Manual main aircon

Feel free to add on...

I signed up the package then realise can bring own engine oil..regretted lol

5w40 or 5w30 or 5w20 for 1k? Thanks!

Depending on your budget, the Elite is fully loaded with luxury gadget where as the S is just basic. So, which way you gonna take? I'll take the elite if it's me...

Hi Multi is it because of the better gadgets only or because Elite is a better car overall?
  • Praise 1

Hi Multi is it because of the better gadgets only or because Elite is a better car overall?

Both car share the same platform and engine. So, overall...both is the same performance.

Ordered Philips Crystal Vision (4300k) and its white LED bulbs (6000K) to replace my existing headlamps and licence plate lights respectively. 

DIY is quite manageable, except that I struggled with the removal of the holder plate of the license plate light (there are 4 clips that hold the holder and the plate together).

Here's the replaced headlamp: 

9skVQ3H.jpg

• Praise 1

Both car share the same platform and engine. So, overall...both is the same performance.

Thank you, I guess I will just have to go down to KMC and take a look at the real thing and make a decision.

Ordered Philips Crystal Vision (4300k) and its white LED bulbs (6000K) to replace my existing headlamps and licence plate lights respectively.

DIY is quite manageable, except that I struggled with the removal of the holder plate of the license plate light (there are 4 clips that hold the holder and the plate together).

Here's the replaced headlamp:

9skVQ3H.jpg

Nice bro!!

U really need to compare the features. I think ventilated seat very useful during hot weather. Auto wiper abit Zzzzz...

Memory seat very good. Daytime running light LED also nicer. Rear light also nicer.

Yep, the back license plate at boot area. I think the high beam is just sufficient for me, are you changing the high beam bulb?

No bro. Not changing anything.

My understanding for S model:

15" rims

No led day running light

No rain wiper sensor

Locally fitted leather seats

Manual seat adjustment

No leather wrapped steering wheel

Fabric door panel

No button to open boot at rear but comes with smart trunk

Manual main aircon

Feel free to add on...

5w40 or 5w30 or 5w20 for 1k? Thanks!

Is shell helix 5W-30 havent try out. Will go and change next month.

No bro. Not changing anything. ð

If got light sabre offer, i would want to install. Best if can be like mercs, can change the light colour. ðð

Only if price is right. Too ex i wont do loh.

Our projector will produce slight hint yellow. But the colour looks like HID i think is gold enough..

I bought an Elite though I test drive only S trim when I drop by the show room last year.

Basically S trim was good enough for me when I test drive it. However, when I look at Elite's features more closely esp the Blind Spot Detector and the 'air-con' seats on top of the aesthetic appearance (DRLs), I went with my heart and didn't regret.

Blind Spot detection helped me a few times when motorbikes or cyclists creep to my side without me knowing! Sometimes, it's they're just too close to your vehicles without you knowing unless you really turn your heard to the left/right to check from time to time.

Overall, Elite makes you really feel that you're driving a super value for $$ car on top of Elantra being a nice bnb car at the very basic already. =)

I bought an Elite though I test drive only S trim when I drop by the show room last year.

Basically S trim was good enough for me when I test drive it. However, when I look at Elite's features more closely esp the Blind Spot Detector and the 'air-con' seats on top of the aesthetic appearance (DRLs), I went with my heart and didn't regret.

Blind Spot detection helped me a few times when motorbikes or cyclists creep to my side without me knowing! Sometimes, it's they're just too close to your vehicles without you knowing unless you really turn your heard to the left/right to check from time to time.

Overall, Elite makes you really feel that you're driving a super value for $$ car on top of Elantra being a nice bnb car at the very basic already. =)

Thanks for your review. This blind spot detection can save you a lot of trouble.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Hi, I got my elite end of last year. Now they are selling this new Euro 6 model for elite, I think you need to go down to see the specs and test the car performance as there are changes to it. I personally like the ventilated seats especially for hot days and the blind spot detection. Car is heavier than my previous Avante but I feel more power in this car and more gadgets. Overall not a bad car. Seriously, it depends on your budget and what you like. Hope you can shop around and get the best car that you like. 

Thank you.

I checked with KMC and the new Elite model now DOES NOT have Blind spot Detection and Ventilated Seats.

So still considering my options.

↡ Advertisement