2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

first time car buyer... got an elantra... SE said car collection only on weekdays... wondering why? [confused]

I collected mine on weekend. I think your SE want to save time entertaining you on weekend because weekend has the highest inflow of crowd.
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

HI all! What tires (brand, specs) are fitted as standard on the Elantra Elite by Komoco now? I thought I saw kumho being fitted on the test drive car yesterday. 

Rgds & thanks!

Edited by Bquek

first time car buyer... got an elantra... SE said car collection only on weekdays... wondering why?  [confused]

I also collected my car on Sat and I told my SE to go entertain other customers first while I slowly do my own inspection. After done will let her know and sign the acknowledgement slip. If there's any defect that can't be rectify or unacceptable to you, get your SE to write down on the acknowledgement slip and come back during your 1k servicing and ask them to get it done.

Previously only elite come with 6airbag

All AD trims comes with 6 airbags, I got my S model in Jun 16 and the launch for AD was around Mar - Apr 16 so don't think within 2 months they just change 2 to 6 airbags for basic and S model. 

Supersonic

first time car buyer... got an elantra... SE said car collection only on weekdays... wondering why?  [confused]

No such thing de, you can collect any day you want if your SE is working on that day lo. Even PH also can collect if your SE is working on that day.

I also collected my car on Sat and I told my SE to go entertain other customers first while I slowly do my own inspection. After done will let her know and sign the acknowledgement slip. If there's any defect that can't be rectify or unacceptable to you, get your SE to write down on the acknowledgement slip and come back during your 1k servicing and ask them to get it done.

All AD trims comes with 6 airbags, I got my S model in Jun 16 and the launch for AD was around Mar - Apr 16 so don't think within 2 months they just change 2 to 6 airbags for basic and S model.

They have playing with the specs to keep prices low as the COE moved up...

They have playing with the specs to keep prices low as the COE moved up...

Anywhere to check the specs for 1.6 GLS?

Cannot find 1.6 GLS trim from hyundai singapore website.

For the second and third servicing, are they done when the mileage is 5000km and 10000km or when the mileage is 6000km and 16000km? I'm a bit confused on whether it means to service again after 5000km and after 10000km or at 5000km and at 10000km.

Supersonic

For the second and third servicing, are they done when the mileage is 5000km and 10000km or when the mileage is 6000km and 16000km? I'm a bit confused on whether it means to service again after 5000km and after 10000km or at 5000km and at 10000km.

After 5k servicing is 10k servicing, after which will then service every 10k.

After 5k servicing is 10k servicing, after which will then service every 10k.

If within 6 months still cannot hit 10k, you still have to go back to Komoco for an oil change . This is especially for off peak cars and low mileage users. However some people will choose to service outside as it is much cheaper.

• Praise 1

(edited)

If within 6 months still cannot hit 10k, you still have to go back to Komoco for an oil change . This is especially for off peak cars and low mileage users. However some people will choose to service outside as it is much cheaper.

Will servicing outside void the warranty? Roughly how much is it to service outside?

Edited by hellosgcar

Will servicing outside void the warranty? Roughly how much is it to service outside?

It won't void your warranty. How much it costs depends very much on which workshop you use... I don't really do it in Singapore so I can't say. But I go to Malaysia for the simple oil changes. And get my own mechanic to replace parts which I buy myself from Hyundai stockists.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

i am considering the elantra vs Honda vezel 1.5 X (petrol) ... any gurus out there for advice.

to be frank test drove the elantra S, think its ok, not as noisy as a k3 (ex) and slightly more responsive..the only 1 qualms i have on Elantra is the inbuilt reverse cam... ( the colour is really... FWAH)

tried the HRV (honda vezel equivalent) and thought the sound proofing is not as great.. and its to be dealt with PI so warranty and etc a bit ???

guess FC wise vezel wins but doubt will be a great dist churner... probably 10k a year! need car mainly to ferry baby.. for the ease

• Praise 1

i am considering the elantra vs Honda vezel 1.5 X (petrol) ... any gurus out there for advice.

to be frank test drove the elantra S, think its ok, not as noisy as a k3 (ex) and slightly more responsive..the only 1 qualms i have on Elantra is the inbuilt reverse cam... ( the colour is really... FWAH)

tried the HRV (honda vezel equivalent) and thought the sound proofing is not as great.. and its to be dealt with PI so warranty and etc a bit ???

guess FC wise vezel wins but doubt will be a great dist churner... probably 10k a year! need car mainly to ferry baby.. for the ease

The reverse camera is something you use to help you in your parking and not for daily driving. I believe it should not be any cause for concern for the poor color quality, though i thought the color quality looks fine to me.

• Praise 1

The reverse camera is something you use to help you in your parking and not for daily driving. I believe it should not be any cause for concern for the poor color quality, though i thought the color quality looks fine to me.

It's a bit washed out... probably the same unit in my Sonata also...

i never really noticed the quality of the reverse camera... looks ok to me

main reason why i never bot the vezel is that i dun like to deal with PI+honda insulation is never great to begin with. but of coz, engine is solid. 

i'm quite happy with my elantra. sound proof is very decent for a car of this class. and i love the fc of 11-13 km/l... used to be 12-14 but i started doing grab hitch recently and fc has deteriorated. but not complaining since i'm making money. :)

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

assuming if i go for this... u think the bodykit and tyres are worth 2k? i see can change tyres outside to 16' for 1k...

hmmmm...tough choices.. hah..thanks for all inputs so far.. and thanks in advance for more input later..  :D

Supercharged

assuming if i go for this... u think the bodykit and tyres are worth 2k? i see can change tyres outside to 16' for 1k...

hmmmm...tough choices.. hah..thanks for all inputs so far.. and thanks in advance for more input later..  :D

I don't think the bodykit is nice and not worth the 2k.... Save the money and don't get chop carrot by AD....