2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

assuming if i go for this... u think the bodykit and tyres are worth 2k? i see can change tyres outside to 16' for 1k...

hmmmm...tough choices.. hah..thanks for all inputs so far.. and thanks in advance for more input later..  :D

all cars have pros and cons of course...

you mentioned that you will need to ferry your kid so you might take into consideration of the ease of entry (be it your wife carrying the baby or to put the kid into the childseat)

that's cause I feel that the new elantra sits pretty low...some elderly might find it hard to get in and out of the car...

however, I feel that the space in the elantra is bigger and the boot is more than enough to even swallow 2 baby prams

I am owning the new elantra and thus this is what I have found out so far...

and the bodykit that kmc is selling at the moment looks hideous...you can get a much nicer looking bodykit at a much cheaper price and install it at your own trusted workshop

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

yea, one thing my mrs noticed was this car sit quite low.... i am considering the Elantra 'S', dont think the elite version is worth 5k more

Supercharged

yea, one thing my mrs noticed was this car sit quite low.... i am considering the Elantra 'S', dont think the elite version is worth 5k more

Euro 6 version not worth to buy elite... Just buy S model...

i am considering the elantra vs Honda vezel 1.5 X (petrol) ... any gurus out there for advice.

to be frank test drove the elantra S, think its ok, not as noisy as a k3 (ex) and slightly more responsive..the only 1 qualms i have on Elantra is the inbuilt reverse cam... ( the colour is really... FWAH)

tried the HRV (honda vezel equivalent) and thought the sound proofing is not as great.. and its to be dealt with PI so warranty and etc a bit ???

guess FC wise vezel wins but doubt will be a great dist churner... probably 10k a year! need car mainly to ferry baby.. for the ease

Don't worry, you not watching HD movie using the reverse camera! Hardly a factor to consider when choosing car

Neutral Newbie

Don't worry, you not watching HD movie using the reverse camera! Hardly a factor to consider when choosing car

LOL...true that! 

but any bros/sista out there managed to change the display?

or anyone got good lobang for 'beautifying' the already sleek look?

1st Gear
(edited)

Hi

I have recently change my 2011 MD Elantra to 2017 AD Elantra. 

In terms of design, older version is much more sleek and sporty compared to new one. But nevertheless, the new AD Elantra have more added features. (i was lucky to get hold of the last batch of Elite AD Elantra not the Euro 6 version) [laugh] 

Those who have just gotten their Elantra can check out the Facebook group Elantra Club Singapore. Its closed group so you will be added once approved.

• Funded mainly by Komoco Motors and secondary workshops and other brands as sponsors. 
  • Official members get in-house discounts on spare parts, 10% on labour and referral schemes (member card have to be presented).
  • Other than that, if you are looking to service outside, ECS also have sponsor workshops that offer member price for servicing and "enhance accessories/ lightings".
  • They also have a separate whatsapp group to share group buys (cheaper when doing bulk orders)
  • Coating and Solar film sponsors are also available at lower prices
  • Monthly car gatherings and Malaysia roadtrips.

If not, you can just follow the Facebook and look out for the latest poisons.  [thumbsup]

post-188138-0-26879600-1499065705_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nuz
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

Hi

I have recently change my 2011 MD Elantra to 2017 AD Elantra. 

In terms of design, older version is much more sleek and sporty compared to new one. But nevertheless, the new AD Elantra have more added features. (i was lucky to get hold of the last batch of Elite AD Elantra not the Euro 6 version) [laugh] 

Haha, I am of the opinion that Fluidic Sculpture 1.0 is just nicer with its swoopy curves and swirly DRL. 2.0 is more refined and classy but lacks originality... compare pre-FL i40 to facelifted i40...

the rear seats are quite low.. difficult to get out + the roof is sloping so quite a lot of pple hit their heads on the rear roof

front is fine. not that low. at least, for me it's ok. 

Supersonic

the rear seats are quite low.. difficult to get out + the roof is sloping so quite a lot of pple hit their heads on the rear roof

front is fine. not that low. at least, for me it's ok. 

Seems like this is a trend for most sedan cars nowadays, sloping roof and low seats?!

Agreed from the recent posts that the extra $$ is not worth for the Elite model. First thing when i stepped through the doors, my SE told me not to take the Elite model as many features have been removed. Was really looking forward to the ventilated seats, blind spot detectors etc. But with all the "goodies" removed, don't see the justification of the extra costs.

Went for the S model instead. The show car already had the $2k body kit upgrade on. TBH, I do not think it is nice, and I do not think it is worth the $$. If you wanted bigger rims i'd say just get it outside (which is what my SE recommended me too).

The only dilemma I had was to choose the color I wanted. well, after half an hour of walking around the show room, carpark and workshop, finally decided on one. 

And i'm glad to report that I got the COE bidding today! SE mentioned that the vehicle will be delivered Aug-Sept, but he was more confident that it will be delivered in Sep. Super excited as this is my first car! hahaha

Supersonic

Agreed from the recent posts that the extra $$ is not worth for the Elite model. First thing when i stepped through the doors, my SE told me not to take the Elite model as many features have been removed. Was really looking forward to the ventilated seats, blind spot detectors etc. But with all the "goodies" removed, don't see the justification of the extra costs.

Went for the S model instead. The show car already had the $2k body kit upgrade on. TBH, I do not think it is nice, and I do not think it is worth the $$. If you wanted bigger rims i'd say just get it outside (which is what my SE recommended me too).

The only dilemma I had was to choose the color I wanted. well, after half an hour of walking around the show room, carpark and workshop, finally decided on one. 

And i'm glad to report that I got the COE bidding today! SE mentioned that the vehicle will be delivered Aug-Sept, but he was more confident that it will be delivered in Sep. Super excited as this is my first car! hahaha

You took half an hour to decide on car colour?  :o  So what colour have you choose?

You took half an hour to decide on car colour?  :o  So what colour have you choose?

HAHAHAH ya I was deciding on Ice Wine, Blur, or Grey. Went with the Ice Wine color after as I have no plans to install any body kit on it in the future. hahaha! Hopefully that color will be easy to maintain  :mellow: 

Supersonic
(edited)

HAHAHAH ya I was deciding on Ice Wine, Blur, or Grey. Went with the Ice Wine color after as I have no plans to install any body kit on it in the future. hahaha! Hopefully that color will be easy to maintain  :mellow:

Ice wine is actually quite similar to beige colour. This colour looks not bad when it is indoor, but outdoor i find the colour looks a bit yellowish. Anyway, this colour should be easy to maintain la, just enjoy your ride.

Edited by 13177

Supercharged

I was deciding whether to get ice wine or sparkling metal, in the end I got the latter. Congrats on your new car. Maybe you can join the Elantra club 1st.... Haha...

• Praise 1

Ice wine is actually quite similar to beige colour. This colour looks not bad when it is indoor, but outdoor i find the colour looks a bit yellowish. Anyway, this colour should be easy to maintain la, just enjoy your ride.

Yeah it is a little similar to beige, but a little more subtle i think. hmm the sun was shining in quite strongly and it didnt look that yellow. Dont see that color much on the roads also, and I first saw that color on yourube and quite liked it! I have a friend that got the blue one, and that one looks nice from far! but when near its a little too blur for me. but thanks! cant wait for the SE to call me!

I was deciding whether to get ice wine or sparkling metal, in the end I got the latter. Congrats on your new car. Maybe you can join the Elantra club 1st.... Haha...

Sparkling metal is the greyish one? yeah was considering that too! Oh theres a Elantra club? where do i find it?

Supercharged

Yeah it is a little similar to beige, but a little more subtle i think. hmm the sun was shining in quite strongly and it didnt look that yellow. Dont see that color much on the roads also, and I first saw that color on yourube and quite liked it! I have a friend that got the blue one, and that one looks nice from far! but when near its a little too blur for me. but thanks! cant wait for the SE to call me!

Sparkling metal is the greyish one? yeah was considering that too! Oh theres a Elantra club? where do i find it?

Just search for Elantra Club (Singapore) in Facebook. Some of the members are here too...

Just search for Elantra Club (Singapore) in Facebook. Some of the members are here too...

Ahh okay, just joined! Thanks!!

↡ Advertisement