2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Supersonic

There is nothing much things to install on the current elantra, think only leather seats needs installation. But i thought leather seats should be able to installed even before the car is registered? Cause leather seats is not consider freebies and default comes with the car. So collection time should be within few days after car is registered. Find 2 weeks a bit too long.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

this is really quite bulls**t to me also when I collected my elantra one yr plus ago...SE told me they can only work on cars that are registered...

to me so long a car is already allocated to a confirmed customer, they should be able to start preparing it for delivery and only requires touch-up (e.g. a last car wash) before the customer comes for collection...

meaning if the car needs local leather installation, they can do it first beforehand...and when the customer confirms date of collection, register the car and just need to do a car wash before...which should not take weeks...1-3 days is fair I think

Same. My SE told me they need the car to be registered so that it will be assigned with a job number for them to proceed with the pre-delivery works.

I find the whole work process is very flawed and inefficient. 

Please say NO to 2 weeks of waiting! 

Edited by KoreanLover

Turbocharged

Same. My SE told me they need the car to be registered so that it will be assigned with a job number for them to proceed with the pre-delivery works.

I find the whole work process is very flawed and inefficient. 

Please say NO to 2 weeks of waiting! 

The common practise is for the distributor to allocate a car chassis number to you once COE is secured. Get all the accessories fitted, then register the car and you can collect within 3 days.

There is nothing much things to install on the current elantra, think only leather seats needs installation. But i thought leather seats should be able to installed even before the car is registered? Cause leather seats is not consider freebies and default comes with the car. So collection time should be within few days after car is registered. Find 2 weeks a bit too long.

I think not only leather seat.

Sound system,solar film and manual air con(for GSL & S model) also fitted locally in order to keep the omv low.

Maybe they got to send to different sub contacter to fix and install?

Don't quote me on this... but it just appears... I think you have to dive into settings to get it...

I very interested to know how to activate the live traffic monitoring. Any guru here can advise?

I think not only leather seat.

Sound system,solar film and manual air con(for GSL & S model) also fitted locally in order to keep the omv low.

Even so, all of it shld be done when loan is approve or when subsequent payment is made. Not till car is reg n do it.

Car loan still running (provided take loan) and insurance also running. U r effectively paying for non-usage or shld i say not even seeing ur car.

Not very good practice in my opinion.

I very interested to know how to activate the live traffic monitoring. Any guru here can advise?

I got to check when I am in the car... try to remember.... the unit in the Elantra and the Sonata is the same if I am not wrong...

Hi, i got hold of the company name. Contact person is Casey.

That friend's feedback , whole family loves eating apple , so cant comment on the andriod auto connection.

His is a 14month old elite , changed to this new radio set 3 months ago.

Thing that annoys him is during start up , everytime hv to press the AGREE button , if not cant meddle with the buttons. SIRI can be activated by pressing & hold the green call button on steering wheel.

Wui are having fun at Hong Lim park. You can google search , its located at ubi.

After reading through. Sorry i still have no idea what is the shop name?

Supersonic

I think not only leather seat.

You mean the basic and S trim needs to install all the above? Then what things originally comes from factory le?

Yeah have checked one motoring and the number is there with today's days already.

Normally its 1-3 days? omg he told me their policy is at least 1 week. I have asked him on when i would be able to collect and he said that they are processing 350 units that why there is a delay.

Should i ask him if i can collect it sooner?

FYI I managed to collect my car on the day it was registered. Car was registered in the morning. I called SE and ask whether I can collect car, he said once car plate is done can collect already. And so I collect the car in the late afternoon.

The rest of the bros are right, once car is registered it has started to depreciate. You should collect it ASAP!

I think need to check weather got stock or not? B4 i buy, my SE say clearing stock, so colour also left a few. I manage to secure a colour. Then... after got COE on wed, i collect car on Friday. Think still reasonable.

Maybe ur colour no stock? Maybe Elantra selling like hot cake need prepare too many?

Supersonic

FYI I managed to collect my car on the day it was registered. Car was registered in the morning. I called SE and ask whether I can collect car, he said once car plate is done can collect already. And so I collect the car in the late afternoon.

The rest of the bros are right, once car is registered it has started to depreciate. You should collect it ASAP!

Your car should be elite trim, cause there is nothing to install on this car as everything are installed from factory. Maybe thats why you can collect within the day of registration?!

Your car should be elite trim, cause there is nothing to install on this car as everything are installed from factory. Maybe thats why you can collect within the day of registration?!

Nope it is S trim, I was overseas when car was already in stock. I requested for delivery on a later date. So I assume everything was installed without the need for the car to be registered.

What I am trying to say is that everything can be done without the need to register your car. My car was done up fully with only the number plate not installed as car was not registered. Once registered and number generated, car plate was installed and car was delivered.

I think need to check weather got stock or not? B4 i buy, my SE say clearing stock, so colour also left a few. I manage to secure a colour. Then... after got COE on wed, i collect car on Friday. Think still reasonable.

Maybe ur colour no stock? Maybe Elantra selling like hot cake need prepare too many? ð. Think SE scare, say within 2weeks tomolo SE call u to say ready?

Maybe SE on leave, spend some commission 1st.ð just Maybe. But b4 u buy, got ask if its available stock?

Tats not true..if there is no available colour. Se shld not register e coe or even bid.

They have info on the next batch of shipment coming in and coe could be hold for a few months before registering.

So i think need to press e se to deliver asap

Still must fit leather seats locally, as a minimum.

Unlike the premium brands like Mercedes, Lexus, BMW etc., KMC does not bring in any Elantra model with factory-fitted leather seats!

Perhaps only for the Genesis?

Still must fit leather seats locally, as a minimum.

Unlike the premium brands like Mercedes, Lexus, BMW etc., KMC does not bring in any Elantra model with factory-fitted leather seats!

Perhaps only for the Genesis?

sorry but I beg to differ...my elantra comes with factory fitted seats as they are ventilated...

↡ Advertisement