2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

There's no reason to pump higher RON that stated in the manual... basically this extra RON is simply marketing... some engines with higher compression ratios will need higher RON... but our normal engines...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Some gahmen install cameras just to catch those $2 (cheaters) you know?

$2 is cheap but when there are a lot of people exploiting the system, it can snowball to a significant amount. 

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/car-park-fee-evasion-rife-private-operators-lack-options-against-offenders

"Metro Parking sees up to 46,000 tailgating incidents a year, resulting in S$300,000 in lost revenue"

• Praise 1

Some gahmen install cameras just to catch those $2 (cheaters) you know?

It's a lot of money... you're looking at it only from your perspective but not the overall picture... it hurts the businesses who contracted the operation of the car park for a fixed sum paid to HDB and if they can't collect the expected revenue, they'll make a loss... someone's going to lose their job and some poor kid is going to go hungry...

Hi All,

Chinese New Year is coming soon

Where can I get a GOOD and CHEAP waxing and polish for my beloved Elantra “S”?

I wont call it cheap. Quite decent price.

jerga detailing HP 85750633

Try their facebook for appointment

• Praise 2

Oh that I completely agree but CVT is pretty sensational for keep fuel consumption down... there's always a trade-off... the Europeans decided to go the dual clutch way... which is more complicated, jerks at low speeds, but saves fuel and keeps the power... so which trade-off set do you want?

Wah... this one is tough... it will take at least 2 decades before they can modernize their power sources lar...

This was basically to fool the previous emissions testing regime in Europe... that's why everyone jumped on it... but it's crap... the Koreans have not taken to it... but the Japanese and Europeans have it on all their higher trim models... it's very annoying... I ever drove an Impreza in Hokkaido once... thankfully for that model you have to really step hard on the brakes to kill the engine... so if you modulated the pedal pressure, (you got used in it after a few days), then the engine keeps running... but when you forget, the jerk when the engine starts is pretty annoying... it's not much - more like a shudder but still annoying...

I know. As I mention, no point tightening the tap when the other side is flowing like no bodies business. At the end of crunch time, it our children we are are thinking of. So every bit helps.

Worst is every now and then , someone squeeze off a nuclear testing and we reset the clock.

a bit like being told off to come to work on time and expected to be clocking long hours. But the other dept is coming in late at 11am and going off for tea at 3 pm and going home at 6pm. But still have to tell the employee the same thing to do due diligence.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

I know. As I mention, no point tightening the tap when the other side is flowing like no bodies business. At the end of crunch time, it our children we are are thinking of. So every bit helps.

Worst is every now and then , someone squeeze off a nuclear testing and we reset the clock.

a bit like being told off to come to work on time and expected to be clocking long hours. But the other dept is coming in late at 11am and going off for tea at 3 pm and going home at 6pm. But still have to tell the employee the same thing to do due diligence.

Your work analogy is super funny... ha ha ha...

It's a lot of money... you're looking at it only from your perspective but not the overall picture... it hurts the businesses who contracted the operation of the car park for a fixed sum paid to HDB and if they can't collect the expected revenue, they'll make a loss... someone's going to lose their job and some poor kid is going to go hungry...

Car park is a lucrative business in SG though I don't encourage tailgating ....... Edited by Pocy

Of course I know the cumulative damage to the “business owner” is substantial, but is installing cameras everywhere the answer? Can adjust prices to encourage honesty? (Probably not).

How about upgrading the sensors and processing to deduct value as the cars drive by? This way, the carpark exiting is smoother while “hiding” the fact that it’s actually profit driven.

Wow elantra is a grizzly bear, first tank drank 46 litre @_@ n travel only 468km. FC is like 10km/l. Sigh....

Change to w30 on your next servicing if you ain't using. Edited by Andyngps
  • Praise 1

Of course I know the cumulative damage to the âbusiness ownerâ is substantial, but is installing cameras everywhere the answer? Can adjust prices to encourage honesty? (Probably not).

How about upgrading the sensors and processing to deduct value as the cars drive by? This way, the carpark exiting is smoother while âhidingâ the fact that itâs actually profit driven.

Installing cameras everywhere? That's not what I read... isn't it installing a suite of sensors?

Your suggestion also involves installing a suite of sensors... end up the same... basically what the sensor suite is tasked to do is to distinguish individual vehicles regardless of how close they are... which is what your suggestion requires in order to deduct regardless as the cars drives past... the system needs to tell how many vehicles that pass the gantry...

Anyway having a camera at every entrance and exit is also good... if the gantry barrier arm malfunctions and hits your car, at least it's documented... easier to claim compensation... also it's a form of security surveillance against crimes and terror acts... every bit helps...

• Praise 1

guys just got my Elantra basic 2 days ago... just a few question..

1) Anyone know how to make the car to sound when locking and unlocking of the car?

2) i will be parking my car mon-fri under hot sun. so is it necessary to do coating? does it last? any recommendation? thank you

• Praise 3

Change to w30 on your next servicing if you ain't using.

After all elantra stated fc is 6.9l/100km... Only 14.5km/l with highway and city driving under laboratory controlled conditions.
  • Praise 2

guys just got my Elantra basic 2 days ago... just a few question..

1) Anyone know how to make the car to sound when locking and unlocking of the car?

2) i will be parking my car mon-fri under hot sun. so is it necessary to do coating? does it last? any recommendation? thank you

It doesn't come with the speaker for that lock/unlock sound... you have to install it third party...

The paintwork these days can withstand extended parking outdoors without shelter... just need to wax the car more frequently lor...

Edited by teomingern
  • Praise 1

After all elantra stated fc is 6.9l/100km... Only 14.5km/l with highway and city driving under laboratory controlled conditions.

Lol. I always take 20 to 30% off the stated...only one car which is close to the stated i tried before and thats fxt. Edited by Andyngps
  • Praise 2

It doesn't come with the speaker for that lock/unlock sound... you have to install it third party...

The paintwork these days can withstand extended parking outdoors without shelter... just need to wax the car more frequently lor...

noted.

thank you bro!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1