2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

a. Can i trade in my Avante with no speakers left?

They won't  check the speakers when you trade in. Or just ask the accessories shop to put in some cheapo ones.

b. Will swapping in the speakers void any warranty for the new Elantra?

I don't see why it should affect the warranty. if they're properly installed Also, speakers are hidden, they won't easily know if you've changed them. 

↡ Advertisement

but this car, i dont even wash it.. n doesn't care about parking it beside lorry.... dent dent lor...

maybe old already

Mostly because not your first new car so you wont feel so excited about it?

Still remember my previous car,SE even threaten me if I still don't collect,my old car trade-in value will no longer valid with the agree price,lol...

Supersonic

Hi everyone, i just put downpayment for an Elantra with KMC. Base model, $76,999, 6 bid non guaranteed. Comes with 3M solar film, extra 3M floor mats, front + rear recording cam, 3 free servicing, 6 mths road tax. 

KMC also offered me trade in for my existing Avante. 

Anyone knows what the conditions of trade in are? I wish to strip my speakers from Avante and swap it into the Elantra:

Thanks!

Now they give rear cam as well? And now they also give 3M solar film? Think 1 year ago the solar film they give is not 3M and only give front cam.

Now they give rear cam as well? And now they also give 3M solar film? Think 1 year ago the solar film they give is not 3M and only give front cam.

Yup, front + rear recording camera. NO reverse camera, but that's alright. i'm pretty old school and rely only on mirrors to park. 

i confirmed with my SE and he said 3M solar film, and 3M car mats.

but 6 months road tax free only, compared to some others here who got 1 year. Then again, i dont usually like to bargain, and i in fact didnt bargain. maybe i could have gotten more, but i'm pretty happy with what i was offered. 

received the HP F870G camera with rear recording module and 3M film.

the lousy thing about this camera is that the parking mode doesn't work.

Yup, front + rear recording camera. NO reverse camera, but that's alright. i'm pretty old school and rely only on mirrors to park.

but 6 months road tax free only, compared to some others here who got 1 year. Then again, i dont usually like to bargain, and i in fact didnt bargain. maybe i could have gotten more, but i'm pretty happy with what i was offered.

How old is your avante? How much they offer you for trade in ?

Supersonic

6 months road tax free? I thought this is already added into the car package liao? Anyway, what colour you choose?

How old is your avante? How much they offer you for trade in ?

Will be 2 years in June 2018. offered me $8.5k

6 months road tax free? I thought this is already added into the car package liao? Anyway, what colour you choose?

oops. Then i guess that wasn't a bonus. :p

i chose the dark grey. i believe it's officially called "sparkling metal"

• Praise 1

Supersonic

over 6mths of usage.. elantra is a decent usable car... but bo passion.. its just a car....

feels less passionate about it vs other cars i owned... dont know why...

Buy a 2nd car that’s worse than the Elantra (Attrage...?). Consperm u will appreciate the Elantra more......lol

Supersonic

Will be 2 years in June 2018. offered me $8.5k

oops. Then i guess that wasn't a bonus. :p

i chose the dark grey. i believe it's officially called "sparkling metal"

Sparkling metal colour quite popular.

thanks Coolent...

Will this polar white turn yellowish?

nowadays new car paintwork can last for a long time, i guess it also depends on how you maintain it though, and whether you park under direct sun or under shade most of the time.

my previous elantra was also white and drove it for 7+ years, parked 50/50 of the time under sun and shade, no special coatings done, color didn't change noticeably.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

8.5k only trade-in value for your avante with > 2 years left?  Is this in addition to the paper value on June 2018 ? [;)]

Hi everyone, i just put downpayment for an Elantra with KMC. Base model, $76,999, 6 bid non guaranteed. Comes with 3M solar film, extra 3M floor mats, front + rear recording cam, 3 free servicing, 6 mths road tax. 

KMC also offered me trade in for my existing Avante. 

Anyone knows what the conditions of trade in are? I wish to strip my speakers from Avante and swap it into the Elantra:

Thanks!

so $76,999 is  - $5k from the guaranteed listed price of $81,999 (from 5 mar) ?

• Praise 1

Here's my review for the Elantra S after 3 weeks of driving.

Buying process was smooth with my SE. No fuss no hassle. (Maybe i more of a chin chye person) . But it was definitely a smooth transaction. From booking -> COE bidding -> Payment -> Collection of Car. <Eta 2 weeks>

Engine and gear transmission so far so good. Smooth and buttery <Maybe still new>

Power wise is satifactory. I am not a racer but travelling on NSHW , there's no floating feeling, wind sound or light steering like some claim. 

Feature wise like keyless entry and start. Auto highlight etc is just an upgrade compare to my previous car. <Honda Airwave>

Fuel consumption for me a bit strange. Before run in is around 13 - 14 km per Litre. But after my 1000 km servicing. Now its hovering around 12 Km/L . But i am still monitoring. Could be i heavy footed after run in .

Audio system nothing to shout about. Given the Android/Apple Play. But somehow or rather. I still prefer old school CD/DVD slot to play audio/video. Still figuring for crack on how to play Video on the screen. <Yeah - I know its a safety feature and not suppose to play video when driving>

The car came with 2 USB port. Initially i thought can use one for Android Auto and the other to plug like Thumbdrive to play music. Unfortunately. The one at the arm rest can only be used for charging. <I bypass this problem by plugging a Multiple USB hub with individual switch to the front USB port. Now i can concurrently use Android Auto and multiple thumbdrive at the same time>

My Complaint on the car so far.

The factory fitted rims. <Only 15 inch> Seems rather small for this car and also i don't know why Komoco like to clamped those metal wheel balancer piece on the outside of the rim. Look fugly. Most probably will be upgrading them after the next tyre change.

The given HP front and rear cam. No motion sensor. and no blinking LED or whatsoever to tell you that it is recording or not.

The signal light is on the left side. <Need to get use to it especially after switching over from Japan car> I always flip the wiper instead. zzz> Sometimes want to play the manual gears switching also troublesome. Cos both signal and gear is on the left.

Boot area decent size but no compartment.

Features like the blind spot detection and sunroof removed. Sianz.

Oh well.can't complain much for the price paid.

• Praise 1

(edited)

8.5k only trade-in value for your avante with > 2 years left?  Is this in addition to the paper value on June 2018 ? [;)]

so $76,999 is  - $5k from the guaranteed listed price of $81,999 (from 5 mar) ?

my list price last week was 80,999. hence, it is -4k for non-guaranteed bids

sorry wasn't clear (typo error in previous post - should be Avante is 9 yrs old come end-May/June 2018). i.e my Avante COE expires in end-May 2019. so about 1 year left. 

Edited by blackice84

Supersonic

nowadays new car paintwork can last for a long time, i guess it also depends on how you maintain it though, and whether you park under direct sun or under shade most of the time.

my previous elantra was also white and drove it for 7+ years, parked 50/50 of the time under sun and shade, no special coatings done, color didn't change noticeably.

If you didnt do any coating and yet colour no change much or become yellowish, it is consider very good le. But i think pearl white might look yellowish over time?

If you didnt do any coating and yet colour no change much or become yellowish, it is consider very good le. But i think pearl white might look yellowish over time?

quite unlikely... though i guess you'll only know in the future. if really concerned then can maybe look at doing those special paint protection coatings, double protect the paint.

Neutral Newbie

my list price last week was 80,999. hence, it is -4k for non-guaranteed bids

sorry wasn't clear (typo error in previous post - should be Avante is 9 yrs old come end-May/June 2018). i.e my Avante COE expires in end-May 2019. so about 1 year left. 

If you sell your Avante to 2nd hand car dealer, isn't it higher than 8.5K ? :)

For example, similar ride selling for >15K in sgcarmart:

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=665707&DL=2940

So, wonder how they derived the amount of 8.5K for your trade in... [;)]

↡ Advertisement