2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Mine was a COE renewed picanto. All ADs will take in at scrap value. I remember my scrap value at that time was around 55k. The new car i bought was 81k cash. So 55k is used to offset the 81k. A few days before delivery, i was told by Audrey Lee she cannot give me 55k for my car. Unlike others, i am not afraid to name the SE as what i said can always be verified by Martin Pang, her sales manager.

So what was the conclusion? They took your car in at the agreed value? Or reduced value? Or they refused your car?
↡ Advertisement

Bro,then I should congrats you.

Your more than 10yrs old picanto paper/coe value 25k and car body itself you sell for 30k.

This SE I like,lol.....

i dunno what's going on.

3k i can understand, 30k difference ...

You know what audrey lee said? They can take in at 25k. If want them take in 55k as was initially promised,They have to deduct a certain percentage from the 55k as commission. A mistake was made but instead of rectifying the problem, she pushed it aside and asked me to call the dealer direct. I can accept that it's human to err...but to push away responsibility and shout at customer is really the limit

Woah... that's a huge drop... what I don't understand is why the $30,000 difference? Sorry I asked the earlier question about what happened... didn't see this reply... so what was the ending like?

I also know of one case where the buyer had a car with renewed COE, the AD refused to take in the car. Asked the buyer to claim COE balance from LTA himself and pay the admin fee himself... they didn't want to do it for him... so no choice lor... just DIY... same value anyway... just left COE balance value...

So what was the conclusion? They took your car in at the agreed value? Or reduced value? Or they refused your car?

Martin pang asked me to handover the car to them immediately. However i will not have a car to drive. Do not want anymore stress. Pay up the balance in cash and scrap the car myself

i dunno what's going on.

3k i can understand, 30k difference ...

They thought I renew my picanto for 5 yrs. The thing is I renew my picanto for 10 years. That time I renew the pqp was 64k

Martin pang asked me to handover the car to them immediately. However i will not have a car to drive. Do not want anymore stress. Pay up the balance in cash and scrap the car myself

They thought I renew my picanto for 5 yrs. The thing is I renew my picanto for 10 years. That time I renew the pqp was 64k

hmmm shouldn't all this be in black and white?

I vaguely remember the trade in value being written on the sales agreement.

Oh... I see... the SE made a mistake cos she forgot that your car only had balance COE value left... so every day they don't take in the car, your car value depreciates further... so the value that Komoco will get back from LTA will be lower than what was the agreed value... that's probably why the manager asked you to surrender the car immediately... like that they could still manage the loss of value to their bottom line...

Your COE balance was super high so every day loss must have been super high that they can't tahan...

Even my car when I traded in... it had a bit more than one year left. I wanted to wait for a colour I liked and will only come in June but my SE kept telling me he could not give me the agreed trade-in value cos once my car crossed May that year, the PARF will drop... so he took the effort to find out all the possible colours that could arrive before June and took me up to the roof car park to show me the grey colour which I took... I was also happy to have the car arrive earlier... so I gave up the brown... on hindsight I think it was a good decision cos the brown bcme with a beige interior which would have been a nightmare to upkeep... and also help him keep more of his commission lor... both sides happy...

Sorry to hear about your case... quite unusual... this SE is either rather green or just careless that day... I think she's been with Komoco for some time from the posts and recommendations here... so it's quite usual for such a mistake to be made...

Yeah I thought so too... but the mistake was to assume the renewal was for 5 years and not 10 years.

Yeah I thought so too... but the mistake was to assume the renewal was for 5 years and not 10 years.

I remembered the deduction made for my trade in vehicle with a final price. Though the prelim sales agreement probably included a "to be confirmed" clause...  -_-

• Praise 1

I dun think mine was written. That time she said such car will only take back the pro rated amount left on the coe. Very straight forward. Dun even need to see the car condition

I dun think mine was written. That time she said such car will only take back the pro rated amount left on the coe. Very straight forward. Dun even need to see the car condition

Yeah I would assume so too... should be straightforward... anyway they gave you $30,000 which is probably the best they can do... that's $5,000 over the rated value of $25,000... which is of course ridiculous to you... so you didn't make any loss cos you just had to jump through one more hoop to get your car scrapped...

I wonder why they didn't just adjust their paperwork and take your car in at $55,000??? Was it cos of loan issues? What commission had to be deducted? To help you scrap your car?

Yeah I would assume so too... should be straightforward... anyway they gave you $30,000 which is probably the best they can do... that's $5,000 over the rated value of $25,000... which is of course ridiculous to you... so you didn't make any loss cos you just had to jump through one more hoop to get your car scrapped...

I wonder why they didn't just adjust their paperwork and take your car in at $55,000??? Was it cos of loan issues? What commission had to be deducted? To help you scrap your car?

Audrey said her dealer will have problem selling my picanto. No one will wanna spend so much for a picanto.

As for their commission, I roughly remember it's about 500.

Edited by RogerNg_185295

Wah seh! You renewed coe for a picanto at 64k! What was your strategy at that time? To buy yourself time and wait for COE price to drop ah?
  • Praise 1

Wah seh! You renewed coe for a picanto at 64k! What was your strategy at that time? To buy yourself time and wait for COE price to drop ah?

Renew and wait for price drop. You are shocked right? Her dealer also shocked and do not want to take in at the last moment

I guess it was that or don't buy lor... the car prices then were crazy... at that point I thought I will never buy another car...

That time happen to be the time when uber n grab was expanding. Coe prices were red hot then. 2nd hand car prices were crazy then . New ones were out of reach to many.

Those were the days

Was the prorated amount left 55k? Or 25k? Very confusing. If your prorated amount was 55k then I don’t know how could they lowball u 30k. Quite scary amount for “paper work”. Unless I understood wrongly. If I were you I would also be pissed if my prorated amount was 55k and they offered me 25k. 30k I might as well scrap myself.
  • Praise 1

Was the prorated amount left 55k? Or 25k? Very confusing. If your prorated amount was 55k then I donât know how could they lowball u 30k. Quite scary amount for âpaper workâ. Unless I understood wrongly. If I were you I would also be pissed if my prorated amount was 55k and they offered me 25k. 30k I might as well scrap myself.

It's water under the bridge already. Just sharing what I went through and hopefully none of you will go through what I went through. Can we discuss about the elantra now?

Thanks. If possible to share your service contract will be most helpful to clarify the doubts.

Yes. My understanding is same as yours. But my SE informed fully free. Quite confusing right? Anyway I will show them the SE message and nego.

My price is tier 3 price I think.

Today went for my 1st 1,000 KM service. Just left the car at 1:30pm and go back to pick up at around 5pm.

Everything is OK and it is totally free (including engine oil is free). Seems my SE got the 1st year all free servicing contract for me.

Now comes the issue. To save cost, i bought my own Shell Helex Ultra 5W-40 (4L) engine oil at Giant at S$ 39.90

I bought on Apr.9 2018. The manufacture date is Nov 2017, and Shelf life is 4 years.

Now wish to sell it at $35.

My mobile number is 91910579 and I live in Serangoon area. Message me if anyone interested.

Thanks

post-148240-0-72768700-1523539246_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement