2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

They only give normal 3M solar film.

Unless you can negotiate or your SE damn good, then can get Crystalline 3M.

Those with Crystalline got a sticker at the rear windscreen.

I wonder if it's really 3M... cos my SE said VKool... but when I was there I asked them, hey said OEM film... so I topped up... bought the real Vkool... I think same tactics for 3M as well... otherwise heat rejection can't be too bad...

(edited)

I wonder if it's really 3M... cos my SE said VKool... but when I was there I asked them, hey said OEM film... so I topped up... bought the real Vkool... I think same tactics for 3M as well... otherwise heat rejection can't be too bad...

the current solar film installed is indeed from 3M, got warranty and all can check on the 3M website.

was your car bought recently? 'cos from what i understand, the 3M crystalline solar film only started to be installed in new cars registered from around 4th quarter last year onwards... i guess if your car was bought before that time then probably it was a different package.

Edited by Coolant
  • Praise 1

Actually, i feel that the magnetic laser shades are much more useful than the 3M.

I was telling my wife that I almost tot that they did not install it

Photos of my stock Blue Genie...

Been driving a red car for the last 13 years so takes getting use to..

Nice!

Hi did ur all know basic and S model have what different beside rear aircon and mirrors???HU can see when revising?

the TPMS...basic will only warn/LED indicator when any four of the tires are on low pressure...while the S...you will see the actual tire pressure reading...n will flag out which tire is having the low pressure....

(edited)

Can only check two weeks after receiving vehicle whoa

Mine just passed 2 weeks. On 3M, it says installed on 21st Apr.

And in the warranty email I received after registration, it's installed by Tuff Clad Pte Ltd.

So Tuff Clad installed the films along with Tuff Kote and Sound Clad.

So I guess for everyone who booked with KMC can be assured that you have the right stuff.  :a-m1212:

Edited by SkimMilk

And the 'lcd'screen on the speedo area and smart trunk.

Think these are the main features difference.

S trim give full rim spare tire

Basic give donut spare tire

(edited)

Even spare tyre Komoco also want to save on cost? That's a surprise

Just one spare tyre only...and it is 15 inch...

Since there are so many cars with 15 inch tyres,can find one steel rim easily for $20 + $70(new ) or $40 old.(provided can fit.)

So no need to kpkb that much..

Anyway,do they still have their tier 1,2,3 now?

Edited by Brass

the current solar film installed is indeed from 3M, got warranty and all can check on the 3M website.

was your car bought recently? 'cos from what i understand, the 3M crystalline solar film only started to be installed in new cars registered from around 4th quarter last year onwards... i guess if your car was bought before that time then probably it was a different package.

I see... that's nice... but I'm quite surprised that the heat rejection is lousy?

I bought my car two years ago... so things might have changed though...

Since there are so many cars with 15 inch tyres,can find one steel rim easily for $20 + $70(new ) or $40 old.(provided can fit.)

Yes

tier 1,2,3? Have what ??

Long time didn't come in.. wow so many Elantra bro ...  [wave]

Yes, you can change it. Instrument cluster ... User setting mode, Fuel Economy Unit : Km/L or L/100

Can change tire pressure unit also: psi, kPa or bar

Can change the door auto lock: Disable, travel 15km/h or if u shift gear away from P

Can change the door auto unlock: Disable, On key out/Engine start stop is OFF, driver door unlock or if shift gear to P

See  your user manual page: 3-89 (if yours is the same as mine...  [:p] )

The driving FC indicator possible to change from L/100km can to km/L?

Does anyone experience crackling sound (when playing music) with Apple CarPlay with iPhone iOS 11.3 onwards?

Went for 10K servicing yesterday and Komoco Motors said that I'm not the only one being affected. All Hyundai cars are affected as the entertainment system are installed locally and it's related to the iOS update. No solution to this problem except to wait for the "Korean engineers" to come down to investigate this problem.  [:(]

↡ Advertisement