2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

(edited)

Bro, can get KMC to install the leather wrap. I think it cost ~$196 (or $180), can't remember.

For me, I get the micro fibre like steering cover from accessories shop. 7 years on no issue of wear. Because its micro fibre like, at most it is warm to touch when baked under direct sunlight. Can say the temperature feel is always around neutral. Definitely good grip. Edited by Heartbreakid
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

i park in MSCP.

Doesn't spoil that easily one lah. Just wish that it could have been included. 

The AC system also doesn't go totally cold.

Given recent hot weather during late mornings and afternoon, it doesn't make u cold, just cool.

U can only increase the blower speed up to improve the situation. No matter how long u keep it at the level 2 blower and temp set to coldest, it wont get progressively cooler.

Think korean cars AC system would not make you feel cold/feezing, just cool lo. You should buy toyota if you want cold AC.

Can please advise, do the following worth paying additional $4K for?

Cruise Control, Dual Zone Climatic Control Aircon with Ionizer, Rain Sensor, Driver Electric Seat, Drive Mode Select, 16" Sport Rims, LED Day running lights

Haha, it's up to you to decide. Here's another perspective for you to consider:

Cruise control --> can add easily ourselves (parts cost about < $100 from ebay, DIY is 30mins job with a free screws)

Rims: can change outside as and when you like.

S trim has got DRL, just not LED.

So the 4K is more for:

- LED lights front, back and DRL

- Climatic AC (with auto defog for front windscreen)

- Driver electric seat (take note no memory)

- Drive mode select (most people don't use anyway)

- Wiper rain sensor

- Leather wrapped steering (cost is about $190, I got my SE to give free for my S Trim)

Hypersonic

Cruise control --> can add easily ourselves (parts cost about < $100 from ebay, DIY is 30mins job with a free screws)

So the 4K is more for:

- Wiper rain sensor

- Leather wrapped steering (cost is about $190, I got my SE to give free for my S Trim)

Totally not worth it. agreed.

I see...

Thanks!

So the 4K is more for:

- Wiper rain sensor

For me, I get the micro fibre like steering cover from accessories shop. 7 years on no issue of wear. Because its micro fibre like, at most it is warm to touch when baked under direct sunlight. Can say the temperature feel is always around neutral. Definitely good grip.

what type of mico fibre ?

short bt good experience owning d car for 8mths vs Mazda 3..will be open to owning korean cars again if i have the chance...

short bt good experience owning d car for 8mths vs Mazda 3..will be open to owning korean cars again if i have the chance...

So why did you change and what are you changing to? 8 months is incredibly short... depreciation must be horrendous bro...

Can please advise, do the following worth paying additional $4K for?

Cruise Control, Dual Zone Climatic Control Aircon with Ionizer, Rain Sensor, Driver Electric Seat, Drive Mode Select, 16" Sport Rims, LED Day running lights

My view is that it's worth the $4000. Although some of the features can be done outside, the more important ones like cruise control should not be installed outside. Failure of the module leading to loss of control of the car will mean that insurance company may not cover you... be careful... it's not a lot to pay $4000 more... for peace of mind and for comfort... but it's up to you of course...

I only drive it once or twice a week. Not worth the trouble. My wife drives it. She never complain. Anyway someone said two days downtime which is quite long for something that isn't really a fault.

Bro... if you only drive once or twice a week then two days down time won't be a problem right? Just arrange for the days when you're not using the car lor...

Hypersonic

Bro... if you only drive once or twice a week then two days down time won't be a problem right? Just arrange for the days when you're not using the car lor...

no lah. my wife is the daily driver. I only take over when i'm not working or we go out as a family (she's happy to be passenger  [laugh] )

i park in MSCP.

Doesn't spoil that easily one lah. Just wish that it could have been included.

The AC system also doesn't go totally cold.

Given recent hot weather during late mornings and afternoon, it doesn't make u cold, just cool.

U can only increase the blower speed up to improve the situation. No matter how long u keep it at the level 2 blower and temp set to coldest, it wont get progressively cooler.

Does yours come with the climate control? If so you need to set it right down to 20-22°C... I set mine to automatic and at 22°C and it's cool... fan speed is low... if yours is a manual control, consider turning the thermostat right down and control the temperature using the fan speed? I used to do that with my Subaru Impreza as well cos it wasn't as cold as my previous Elantra ironically... I think with the current Hyundais, the cooling system uses the hot air from the engine to control the temperature... which probably is why the aircon isn't as cold what we may expect... I think the Japanese brands do things differently?

So why did you change and what are you changing to? 8 months is incredibly short... depreciation must be horrendous bro...

My view is that it's worth the $4000. Although some of the features can be done outside, the more important ones like cruise control should not be installed outside. Failure of the module leading to loss of control of the car will mean that insurance company may not cover you... be careful... it's not a lot to pay $4000 more... for peace of mind and for comfort... but it's up to you of course...

the trade in price was quite good leh?

60k for opc vs purchased price 72k notwithstanding the new car price dropped...

i changed to a much bigger car... 2L Noah.... and sits 8

• Praise 1

Supersonic

no lah. my wife is the daily driver. I only take over when i'm not working or we go out as a family (she's happy to be passenger  [laugh] )

Many wife seems like happy to be passenger than driver if go out as a family de, even they know how to drive. Lol.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Many wife seems like happy to be passenger than driver if go out as a family de, even they know how to drive. Lol.

yeah. but my wife is newbie driver so sometimes i will let her practice.

• Praise 1

the trade in price was quite good leh?

60k for opc vs purchased price 72k notwithstanding the new car price dropped...

i changed to a much bigger car... 2L Noah.... and sits 8

I see... family expanded eh? Wow... you went with PI?
↡ Advertisement