2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Trading or scrapping your car with the dealer will required a good and accurate coordination. Price also will be lower than doing it yourself, the advantage is much convenient, just drive your current car to the showroom and drive back the new car.

For my case, I did it myself and have been telling SE to give a few days notification in advance so that I can proceed the paperwork for scrapping.

Eventually, SE informed that I could collect the car at the late evening, and I have to rushed the paper work on the same day to scrap my car, and to collect my car.

However, everything went smoothly for me on that day

Can I clarify what you meant by "trading or scrapping your car with the dealer will required a good and accurate coordination" since trading with the dealer will be coordinated by the dealer. Or is the dealer that you are referring to an external dealer?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

(edited)

cant find my car details after I key in Uxxxxxx. Already more than 2weeks after car collection, something fishy.

Just wait a while lah.. relax..

Think they do CR90 on front and CR40 for sides and back.

U need to do the registration before you can enquire. Or check the enquiry screen, maybe you SE help u registered

Edited by AnthonyKChng
  • Praise 1

Everyone start off as a Noob rah, tats why its a learning journey

There are always pro and con, but might get a balance or best of both world, depending on situation.

What is the difference between deregistering the old car at LTA-appointed scrapyards and LTA-appointed export processing zones (EPZs)? I read there's an extra step in which have to liaise with EPZ for storage of vehicle and storage fees? Aren't the two all about scrapping an old car?

• Praise 1

guess situation would be like mine, where dealer give some flexibility for handover.

For my COEed car, dealer let me drive til collection and handover @ basement of Komoco. lol

Can I clarify what you meant by "trading or scrapping your car with the dealer will required a good and accurate coordination" since trading with the dealer will be coordinated by the dealer. Or is the dealer that you are referring to an external dealer?

Supersonic

guess situation would be like mine, where dealer give some flexibility for handover.

For my COEed car, dealer let me drive til collection and handover @ basement of Komoco. lol

Most people would drive the old car until new car collection and then handover the old car, so that you would not ended up with no car to drive lo.

(edited)

Most people would drive the old car until new car collection and then handover the old car, so that you would not ended up with no car to drive lo.

Well, Not when the owner selling himself/herself and dealer is not flexible and state a specific handover date...

Different when letting AD handle the selling/scrapping

Seems that my initial message a bit confusing....

To align, I sold to 3rd party dealer myself for additional few hundred dollars, as AD (Komoco) can only return balance COE upon scrapping.

3rd party dealer willing to wait til my collection and I handover my 11.5yr old latio to him @ basement of Komoco

Edited by Familymanz

Just wait a while lah.. relax..

Think they do CR90 on front and CR40 for sides and back.

U need to do the registration before you can enquire. Or check the enquiry screen, maybe you SE help u registered

y they no registration when we collect our car ? If comfrom true 3m just registration we can check anytime.

I updated since it's 10yrs warranty. Might as well register for peace of mind.

When I checked, I think I was > 3 weeks from car collection liao.

Ouch. Hope she is alright?

Can try NightsConcepts for the repair.

https://www.facebook.com/Nightzconcepts-110200563033423/

Always recommended in ECS for those paint touch ups etc.

My concern is, if someone obtains my car's chasiss number, and it is easily obtainable, wouldnt the person be able to view my personal particulars from the website? Since you have updated your particulars, would you try to go on again with your car chassis no. and see if you can view your own particulars without further login?

Coordination by yourself meaning and referring as long as your current car doesn’t trade with komoco, you need to coordinate by yourself even it is with external dealer.

The crucial point of this coordination is the timing of collecting your new ride, and this info is only given by SE so that you can prepare for the paperwork as to scrap or trade in your current vehicle smoothly.

Supersonic

Coordination by yourself meaning and referring as long as your current car doesn’t trade with komoco, you need to coordinate by yourself even it is with external dealer.

The crucial point of this coordination is the timing of collecting your new ride, and this info is only given by SE so that you can prepare for the paperwork as to scrap or trade in your current vehicle smoothly.

Not easy to coordinate if you do not trade in your car with komoco, timing of collecting new car always quite last mins de. Also if you want to retain your car plate become even more difficult if you doesnt trade with komoco.

Ok lah. I'm quite chill about it one. I also damaged my dad's car twice before when I was a young driver. He also never f me for it.

Most importantly, person is fine.

Not easy to coordinate if you do not trade in your car with komoco, timing of collecting new car always quite last mins de. Also if you want to retain your car plate become even more difficult if you doesnt trade with komoco.

Can be coordinated only SE able to confirm the time of collection.

I have been telling my SE numerous times let me know at least one day in advance, at first morning said registered and need few days. Late evening said can collect by tomorrow.

For those retain car plate case, also can be done, just need to register and pay $1.3k (refundable) once SE confirmed the new car registered.

All these I would say SE need to provide accurate information so that you can smoothly do it yourself.

• Praise 1

My concern is, if someone obtains my car's chasiss number, and it is easily obtainable, wouldnt the person be able to view my personal particulars from the website? Since you have updated your particulars, would you try to go on again with your car chassis no. and see if you can view your own particulars without further login?

Just tried. Can only retrieve warranty information with last name and chassis number.

If I attempt to do warranty registration again, it says it's invalid.

No other personal details are displayed / retrievable.

y they no registration when we collect our car ? If comfrom true 3m just registration we can check anytime.

This, you will have to check with 3M.

It's stated on their site that it will only appear 2 weeks after your car registration.

Try the link below and you should see the message.

http://ews.3m.com/ews/pub/windowfilm/sgaf/searchWarrantyByChassisNumber.htm?searchMode=Registration

Just tried. Can only retrieve warranty information with last name and chassis number.

If I attempt to do warranty registration again, it says it's invalid.

No other personal details are displayed / retrievable.

This, you will have to check with 3M.

It's stated on their site that it will only appear 2 weeks after your car registration.

Try the link below and you should see the message.

http://ews.3m.com/ews/pub/windowfilm/sgaf/searchWarrantyByChassisNumber.htm?searchMode=Registration

Can't give you a praise yet. Thanks for trying and sharing.
  • Praise 1

When to Komoco today and saw many new Elantra and Accent in the basement car park. Congrats to all who got it.

I am an accent owner waiting to receive car .... it is a Long Long delay and wait .... know of many people waiting now.

Re android auto

I am trying to download android auto in play store.

It says its not available in your country.

Anyone met the same problem?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement