2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

I was quoted the same as you... AXA 1700+ 0% ncd

Yours is very cheap

As an NSman, I gotten an online quote from Aviva and it's only 1k without NCD for 28yo married man like myself.
↡ Advertisement

Finally get my elantra yesterday after a 2 days wait.

Lots of elantras waiting to be collected, business is really good.

Did a good walkthrough with the SE,

Some flaws:

spotted 4 scratches on the interior, despite covered in plastic, which they will rectify in the upcoming 1k servicing.

Reverse recording, was poor in quality and unstable.

In additional, my fuel cap is a goner.. I can't open it at all.. So can't pump petrol at all..

Hence will be going down this saturday..

my SE, J was good, very helpful.

Before my purchase, i have recommended 4 of my friends to him and all are happy with his service and assistance in many areas.

Back to the car:

The drive was good and pleasant, very quiet.

Within a day, i have already clock 120km in distance and traveling at 110km on stock tyre, was a breeze, my wife can't even notice that i'm on 110km..

lots of fun controls despite mine is a basic only

Car plate number is nice, 8626, although i wanted a SME but end up with a SMD..

while waiting for the window visor installation, the birds have came and 'blessed' the car..

Congrats on collecting your elantra.  [thumbsup]  Where exactly the scratches on the interior? You even managed to spot it?  :o

Despite there are some flaws you encountered on a brand new car, overall elantra quite a nice car to ride and drive lo. 8626 indeed not a bad number, last time i have one colleague also got this number on his 10 year ago car. Lol. Time to buy 4D.  :D

How do you feel when you hand over your old car at kmc and collect your new car ah? By the way, is that the new rims on the basic elantra? I thought now all basic and S trim uses the same rim?

Some flaws:

spotted 4 scratches on the interior, despite covered in plastic, which they will rectify in the upcoming 1k servicing.

In additional, my fuel cap is a goner.. I can't open it at all.. So can't pump petrol at all..

Before my purchase, i have recommended 4 of my friends to him and all are happy with his service and assistance in many areas.

Back to the car:

Within a day, i have already clock 120km in distance and traveling at 110km on stock tyre, was a breeze, my wife can't even notice that i'm on 110km..

while waiting for the window visor installation, the birds have came and 'blessed' the car..

Nice.

Mine is red too.

Was also hoping to have SME as starting.

But se kept texting me to go make final payment.

And I also wanted to settle this asap.

Haha.

Congrats bro!

U mean u only waited 2 days after coe registered? Good le

thank you..

nope.. i waited 2 weeks after that, Car was then registered..

Congrats on collecting your elantra.  [thumbsup]  Where exactly the scratches on the interior? You even managed to spot it?  :o

Despite there are some flaws you encountered on a brand new car, overall elantra quite a nice car to ride and drive lo. 8626 indeed not a bad number, last time i have one colleague also got this number on his 10 year ago car. Lol. Time to buy 4D.  :D

How do you feel when you hand over your old car at kmc and collect your new car ah? By the way, is that the new rims on the basic elantra? I thought now all basic and S trim uses the same rim?

thank you  :D

the front dashboard compartment, driver's seat and a door..

Well, my wife spotted them..

I'm like a kid when comes to car... can't wait to drive it etc..

Well, handling the old car was emotional..

I told my wife to accompany as i afraid, i might break down  :TT_TT:

but lucky i didn't  :XD:

yeah, thats the new rims for all.

The newer ones, even got front and rear bodykit..

anyway i have ordered a lot of goodies from taobao, i tried to upload them when its done.

For now, its very very stock.

thank you..

nope.. i waited 2 weeks after that, Car was then registered..

I mean from the official coe date register to your car to the day u collect your car.

Not the day when the coe bidding.

Cos for those like mine got on 1st bid in Aug need to a total of about 3 week.

2 week wait for car registration and another 1 week (official coe registered to car) to collect the car

thank you :D

I told my wife to accompany as i afraid, i might break down :TT_TT:

but lucky i didn't :XD:

anyway i have ordered a lot of goodies from taobao, i tried to upload them when its done.

I drive my old car to scrapyard to be kill..

My heart lagi pain... It have served my family for 7 years..

I purposely drive very slow to the yard so that I can spend a bit more time w it...

Need somehow I make a wrong turn and make lagi long way to reach.. Lol

Upon handling the key and leave the yard it was painful but well.. Old dun go, new dun come..

@simpleonly mentioned I can share in the forum without issued so here goes.

FB: Sheng auto Air-con and accessories.

I need to add that I have never used them before, though I intend to.

Please do Ur own due diligence and do not take my referral as gospel truth about their service and quality.

Certainly please do not flame me if they do not meet your expectations.

@simpleonly mentioned I can share in the forum without issued so here goes.

FB: Sheng auto Air-con and accessories.

I need to add that I have never used them before, though I intend to.

Please do Ur own due diligence and do not take my referral as gospel truth about their service and quality.

Certainly please do not flame me if they do not meet your expectations.

No issue bro..

Sharing is caring..

All have to do their due diligence in their own check.

Thanks again bro

thank you  :D

I told my wife to accompany as i afraid, i might break down  :TT_TT:

but lucky i didn't  :XD:

Good la you never break down when you part with your old car. Actually you should have retain your old ride car plate, so that you still remember the good old times of your old ride. Lol.

Those scratches minor thing la although by right it should not even have appeared on a brand new car lo. If kmc can resolve it, should be ok.

Lots of goodies from taobao? Cant wait to see the transforming of your stock car?!  :a-happy:

Some flaws:

Back to the car:

Red is nice and i like the rim... Too bad cant get one now cos little princess added in my life... I not stalker lah.... Haha

In fact i think the basic rim looks nicer than the S trim rims.

Good la you never break down when you part with your old car. Actually you should have retain your old ride car plate, so that you still remember the good old times of your old ride. Lol.

Those scratches minor thing la although by right it should not even have appeared on a brand new car lo. If kmc can resolve it, should be ok.

Lots of goodies from taobao? Cant wait to see the transforming of your stock car?!  :a-happy:

My old plate number is 3284.. not that popular, although we have a couple of 4D luck with it.

I guess its me, was told by the SE that hardly any elantra got that much of scratches and worst, the fuel cap issue.

Actually there's another which i found today, when traveling less than 50km/hr, there's a rattling sound on the left which is very disturbing and persistent... 

In fact i think the basic rim looks nicer than the S trim rims.

yeah, the rims look identical with the VOSSEN® - CVT S more details on - https://www.carid.com/vossen-wheels/cvt-silver-metallic-15767455.html

Some flaws:

Back to the car:

Elantra speedo is reporting faster....before i spoil you with the downs....LOL

up to 10km/h faster...so if your speedo reading is 110km/h....its actually around 100km/h only....based on a few smartphones GPS readings

up to 10km/h faster...so if your speedo reading is 110km/h....its actually around 100km/h only....based on a few smartphones GPS readings

yeah, i did notice the error [laugh]

I tot many car also have this problem, those GPS always show slower then the car speedo meter....

Edited by csy_sky

My old plate number is 3284.. not that popular, although we have a couple of 4D luck with it.

I guess its me, was told by the SE that hardly any elantra got that much of scratches and worst, the fuel cap issue.

Actually there's another which i found today, when traveling less than 50km/hr, there's a rattling sound on the left which is very disturbing and persistent... 

Rattling sound? Maybe something is loose, try to look out for it? If not remember to feedback to kmc on this problem and see what they say.

Car number no need to be popular, i also see some people retain some number also not nice or popular de. Importantly you like the number can liao. Lol.