2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Yes that is correct. OBD draw from car battery. The product has a built-in cut off at 11.6V to prevent batt flat. At least still can start car next morning.

Not using external battery is because you can't trigger parking mode when hooked to external battery. It will be always on, so batt pack drains really quickly.

Next issue with external battery pack will be whether the pack is made to withstand heat.

For those car type, usually such batt packs cost $400 and above. Not economical at all.

i see, thanks for sharing this.

with regards to your link,if we were to buy, which do we choose from as my mandarin is very poor.

↡ Advertisement

i see, thanks for sharing this.

with regards to your link,if we were to buy, which do we choose from as my mandarin is very poor.

Aiyo, I duno how to advise leh. Cos I'm confused by their "通用“ mini usb connector now.

Best to check with customer service before placing order.

O..

This bro, do it this way instead to external batt or re wire at fuse box.

W this wire to obd port it can be much straight forward, no need to touch at fuse box no need to get/charge external battery.

Up to individual on how they want to tap the 12v power.

The bro share a product that I never see before. Thanks SkimMilk

Welcome bro! Good things must share!  :D

• Praise 1

Aiyo, I duno how to advise leh. Cos I'm confused by their "通用“ mini usb connector now.

Best to check with customer service before placing order.

Welcome bro! Good things must share!  :D

like that, how we buy?

actually, i'm engaging an agent to help me to buy on behalf too

like that, how we buy?

actually, i'm engaging an agent to help me to buy on behalf too

Link is there and the product has a sales team waiting to answer any queries.

I'm not the seller nor am I a salesperson. I just bought a product and posted my review here for the benefit of everyone.

I don't see how/why I should keep replying to your queries on your purchase... 

• Dislike 1

Link is there and the product has a sales team waiting to answer any queries.

I'm not the seller nor am I a salesperson. I just bought a product and posted my review here for the benefit of everyone.

I don't see how/why I should keep replying to your queries on your purchase... 

[laugh]

like you mentioned, you bought before hence i probe further.

I dont know, thats why i ask. But its ok, it's something i can do without.

Nonetheless, thank you for sharing

Yo! Took me a long long time to give this review, but I've finally plugged the HP dash cam to the OBD power supply.

Bought the Hummer H3 jump start powerbank first before I dared to plug.

Have used it since Wednesday, and the dash cam is working in Parking + Motion detect mode after I off the engine.

The red light on the camera will always be on --> made me think that it was in normal mode but the recordings says otherwise.

So far, car battery seems to be holding up. Normally start car and my cig volt meter will read 14.3V but with the HP running throughout the night (>10hrs of parking), at start up it says 13.8V before climbing back to 14.3 (alternator charging kicks in already).

Still no idea if the OBD supply will cut off power at 11.6V since my battery does not fall to that level.

The item has also since been upgraded to a newer version.

For anyone interested:

Here's the link (upgraded version). The one I bought is pre-upgrade, 3A supply, Mini USB 左弯.

Thanks for sharing.

For discussion purpose, will it be more convenient if the end is a normal USB that we can just plug the original cam's cable into it?

This can avoid opening Pillar A for noob like me.

https://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?id=549060118414&item_id=549060118414&spm=a21wu.11050243-sg.list.74&item_id=549060118414

post-229359-0-74297400-1536918833_thumb.jpg

[laugh]

like you mentioned, you bought before hence i probe further.

I dont know, thats why i ask. But its ok, it's something i can do without.

Nonetheless, thank you for sharing

Try the one on top?

• Praise 2

1) simpleonly - AD basic collect in Aug - can feel the engine brake.

2) ck83 - AD elite collect in Aug - can feel the engine brake.

3) kurty - AD basic collect in Sept - can feel the engine brake.

4) XKBB - AD Elite collect in Aug - can feel the engine brake

I asked in the official Elantra SG FB group, they said it's the gear ratio difference and nothing to be concerned about.
  • Praise 2

I asked in the official Elantra SG FB group, they said it's the gear ratio difference and nothing to be concerned about.

Technically it is not a safety issue but more like driving experience/feel.

I guess no one wants to feel the "pull" everytime, everyday...

• Praise 2

Different ppl different car different feeling lol.

Let wait for your feed back when u get your car.

Different ppl different car different feeling lol.

Let wait for your feed back when u get your car.

ð

Yup, it 1 day pull many times... Lol

I'm more concerned if it will cause longevity issues for the gearbox, and any other connected parts.

Yeah. Gotten the car today.

Told SE in the morning that I will be nearby today. Texted me at noon say car can and must collect.

Their restricted floor had many Elantra. Apparently the cars need to be collected before they can send new cars up for collection.

So when ur se call to ask ready for collection, quick quick collect so people behind can move lor.

• Praise 3

Yeah. Gotten the car today.

Told SE in the morning that I will be nearby today. Texted me at noon say car can and must collect.

Their restricted floor had many Elantra. Apparently the cars need to be collected before they can send new cars up for collection.

So when ur se call to ask ready for collection, quick quick collect so people behind can move lor.

Good stuff! SE told me I can collect tomorrow. Looking forward!!
  • Praise 1

Any bro here going for their servicing soon? Please help check with them what engine oil they use is w40 or w30 grade? The advisor told me they use w30 now, no more w30.

• Praise 1