2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Any updates on owners who did the OBD connected dashcam? Managed to get parking mode working?

What is parking mode in dashboard? Is this for basic or S?
↡ Advertisement

When you moved the steering wheel, the anti theft steering lock was activated. It's normal.

Ah I see, thanks. May I also ask what’s the short whirring sound after I open the door, and also after I press the engine start button? That’s not the steering lock hor?

I tried this with my old ride by shifting to N the car glide further compared to maintain at D, I still cannot understand technically how this can spoil the transmission...

I still wondering how this can spoil the gearbox.... the only thing that i found ppl against this because driver lose the control on the car.

When the car crashes, that gearbox will definitely spoil...  [laugh]

On a more serious note:

http://autoworld.com.my/forum/index.php?/topic/9022-will-shifting-d-to-n-to-halt-spoil-the-gearbox/

When the car crashes, that gearbox will definitely spoil...  [laugh]

On a more serious note:

http://autoworld.com.my/forum/index.php?/topic/9022-will-shifting-d-to-n-to-halt-spoil-the-gearbox/

I saw this video, he never mention mechanism wise how glide with N will spoil the transmission.

The only thing that i can assume was to relate to his explanation on how launching the car by pressing the accelerator in N then shift to D will damage the transmission.

Gliding wise was a reverse case where the gear box side was rotating faster than engine side when we shift back from N to D after gliding.....

I have to watch this video again later....

I saw this video, he never mention mechanism wise how glide with N will spoil the transmission.

The only thing that i can assume was to relate to his explanation on how launching the car by pressing the accelerator in N then shift to D will damage the transmission.

Gliding wise was a reverse case where the gear box side was rotating faster than engine side when we shift back from N to D after gliding.....

I have to watch this video again later....

For Manual car putting In N is so natural thing to do... wonder how N can damage the car (cause we are trying to engage from Neutral to gear again at high speed, can damage the gear) I suspect if u put in N and very high speed n put back D (when speed still high) again is no good. But if you put in N and eventually stop at junction and u put back D... what the prob with that? Edited by Vicloo

When the car crashes, that gearbox will definitely spoil... [laugh]

On a more serious note:

This video about heading downhill... agree, if heading down we can easily lose control is dangerous to put in N. It will glide very fast, we need the gear to slow us now and better control. I am referring to regular flat roads :).

I tried this with my old ride by shifting to N the car glide further compared to maintain at D, I still cannot understand technically how this can spoil the transmission...

I still wondering how this can spoil the gearbox.... the only thing that i found ppl against this because driver lose the control on the car.

I think gear box no issue.

but torque converter not sure as the fluid gonna flow in reverse direction?

This video about heading downhill... agree, if heading down we can easily lose control is dangerous to put in N. It will glide very fast, we need the gear to slow us now and better control. I am referring to regular flat roads :).

Haha bro,just drive as what you believe is correct & right.

Anyway,is your own car,right?Good or bad nothing to do with others.

Ah I see, thanks. May I also ask whatâs the short whirring sound after I open the door, and also after I press the engine start button? Thatâs not the steering lock hor?

That power steering sound

For Manual car putting In N is so natural thing to do... wonder how N can damage the car (cause we are trying to engage from Neutral to gear again at high speed, can damage the gear) I suspect if u put in N and very high speed n put back D (when speed still high) again is no good. But if you put in N and eventually stop at junction and u put back D... what the prob with that?

There is no engine braking in Neutral gear. Any usage of the brakes while coasting to a stop in N will accelerate brake pad replacement

• Praise 1

There is no engine braking in Neutral gear. Any usage of the brakes while coasting to a stop in N will accelerate brake pad replacement

When ppl want to glide with N intended to glide further.... no frequent brake needed.

The only scenario that caused brake pad worn abnormally is to glide with N down a real hill like Genting where a lot of sharp turn and frequent brake needed and the slope very steep... 

Haha bro,just drive as what you believe is correct & right.

Anyway,is your own car,right?Good or bad nothing to do with others.

yup, agree with you. For me, I’ll obey the User Manual as the carmaker already warn me not to do it. They are the designer, they know better than anyone else. They have already done their DFMEA and know the failure risk. No matter how good other ppl (non designers) can describe how the gearbox works, the risk still there. I still think it’s better to trust the carmaker. Besides, I had bad experience with gearbox. Don’t recommend to do those things
  • Praise 1

this morning drive in the heavy rain. good and sound water proofing. wiper got squee sound but it is normal as i has it in my first car. might consider glaco my windows wahaha

this morning drive in the heavy rain. good and sound water proofing. wiper got squee sound but it is normal as i has it in my first car. might consider glaco my windows wahaha

Wiper normal issue

↡ Advertisement