2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

35 psi is just nice, i always pump my tyres with this pressure. I still have 1 weeks to my first service... i have clock over 1k km liao... anyway i have be getting 13.5 to 14km/l on meter 75% highway. on paper is ard 12.5 to 13 km/l, i think it is very decent FC.

i do however have an weird issue (dunno if it is an issue), after i park car for more then 4-5hours, the brake pedal will be harden, not space to depress it. After i start car, it become normal again. this only happen after 1week after i collect car. i thinking if any of you have this issue?

Better check with Komoco on brake and share with us.

My FC, need to monitor more precisely. So far I pumped total about 90-liters (still have half tank in my car) plus the free half tank 20 liters given by kmc... my car is nearly 1k km now. That's means 1000km/(70+20) = 11km/l overall so far.

After servicing can improve? :)

Edited by Vicloo
↡ Advertisement

Anyone use "Android play" to navigate on the Elantra? My Applepay works immediately but for Andriod play it fails to connect with many attempts.

Any particular step or upgrade we need to do or download?

Use original phone cables. Don't use taobao or qoo10 cables.

Better check with Komoco on brake and share with us.

My FC, need to monitor more precisely. So far I pumped total about 90-liters (still have half tank in my car) plus the free half tank 20 liters given by kmc... my car is nearly 1k km now. That's means 1000km/(70+20) = 11km/l overall so far.

After servicing can improve? :)

After 1K can improve but unlikely to break 12km/l (for your HW+city pattern). 

Anyway, is the computer accurate? Anyone use manual calculation to double confirm the computer?

35 psi is just nice, i always pump my tyres with this pressure. I still have 1 weeks to my first service... i have clock over 1k km liao... anyway i have be getting 13.5 to 14km/l on meter 75% highway. on paper is ard 12.5 to 13 km/l, i think it is very decent FC.

i do however have an weird issue (dunno if it is an issue), after i park car for more then 4-5hours, the brake pedal will be harden, not space to depress it. After i start car, it become normal again. this only happen after 1week after i collect car. i thinking if any of you have this issue?

Experience same issue as u regarding the brake pedal. 

• Praise 1

I'm super heavy footed. Barely hit 10 km/L. Could also be the <6 km daily commute in neighbourhood traffic lol.

That's bad only 10km/l FC, quite bad if true.

Noticed many people have such habit of shifting the gear to N when stopped at traffic lights. But dont know will it really wear out the gearbox components faster?!

I've been shifting to neutral gear at the traffic light for the pass 25 years of driving automatic car. It has no problem at all. And i always left the gear at neutral when engine off. Just collected my new ride elantra 3 days ago. Unfortunately, this ride has to be at parking gear when engine off, if not, chime sound will alarmed.

• Praise 3

thanks! no worry bro.. i pretty sure ur car will be ready to collect by early next week. check with ur se regularly

Got my new elantra on the 6th day, registered on the 5th October and collection of car on the 11th October with the mileage at 49km. When questioned about the high mileage, reason KMC have to do alot of testing. Friends who bought Toyota Vios got his new ride the next day after registration with only 9km on the odometer.

• Praise 1

Got my new elantra on the 6th day, registered on the 5th October and collection of car on the 11th October with the mileage at 49km. When questioned about the high mileage, reason KMC have to do alot of testing. Friends who bought Toyota Vios got his new ride the next day after registration with only 9km on the odometer.

Testing? More like using the car to do errands

That's bad only 10km/l FC, quite bad if true.

Would like to think it's me, havent been driving for a good number of years before getting this car haha. No fuel saving habits like switching to neutral etc
  • Praise 1

Anyone use "Android play" to navigate on the Elantra? My Applepay works immediately but for Andriod play it fails to connect with many attempts.

Any particular step or upgrade we need to do or download?

Are u using Google pixel 2 xl phone? I'm also having problem with this phone which i googled and found to be a common problem and not the car's problem. I changed another Android phone and all works well. Another thing is to check your USB cable to have the USB logo and not some random cable
  • Praise 1

Got my Elantra today. Mileage also 40km+ upon collection. Petrol left 1/4 instead of the 1/2 that some forumers say. Experienced the downshift gear at 50km/HR and 30km/HR as I was cruising to the traffic light. I thought it was reasonable.
  • Praise 4

Got my Elantra today. Mileage also 40km+ upon collection. Petrol left 1/4 instead of the 1/2 that some forumers say. Experienced the downshift gear at 50km/HR and 30km/HR as I was cruising to the traffic light. I thought it was reasonable.

The distance they travel around in your car is ridiculous. The subcontractor is based in komoco Alexandra. And the cars are transported using trailers to sin ming to do tuff coat .

When i got my car, it is 46km on my odometer. When i got my slyphy years back, it has ard 30-40 km too if i remember correctly. As long it is not over 50km, i do not think it is serious. 

after a night in the carpark, today my brake behave correctly. i will continue to monitor. I have check Brake booster, Master cylinder and Vaccum line, all seems fine. Car brake fine too, so i will continue monitoring til my 1k km service to check on my brake.

• Praise 1

1/4 fuel upon car collection is normal unless ur SE threw in full tank freebie. Tan chong is also 1/4 by default
  • Praise 1

1/4 fuel upon car collection is normal unless ur SE threw in full tank freebie. Tan chong is also 1/4 by default

I got lucky with 1/2 tank but 50km on odo. Really no big deal la, 50 km.
↡ Advertisement