2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

35 psi is just nice, i always pump my tyres with this pressure. I still have 1 weeks to my first service... i have clock over 1k km liao... anyway i have be getting 13.5 to 14km/l on meter 75% highway. on paper is ard 12.5 to 13 km/l, i think it is very decent FC.

i do however have an weird issue (dunno if it is an issue), after i park car for more then 4-5hours, the brake pedal will be harden, not space to depress it. After i start car, it become normal again. this only happen after 1week after i collect car. i thinking if any of you have this issue?

Did you press the brake paddle a few times after you off your engine?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I got lucky with 1/2 tank but 50km on odo. Really no big deal la, 50 km.

I don't find this an issue too.

As long as the car is properly tested and in the brand new functioning condition that it is supposed to be in.

I am considering switching banks and getting the UOB card to pump SPC. Currently on OCBC Esso. Anyone can provide input on Esso as compared to SPC with regards to performance/fuel efficiency?

The distance they travel around in your car is ridiculous. The subcontractor is based in komoco Alexandra. And the cars are transported using trailers to sin ming to do tuff coat .

Wrong...they drive the vehicles to sin ming....i check the HP front camera during collection......thus its around 20km++ 1 way...round trip 40km++

• Praise 4

Are u using Google pixel 2 xl phone? I'm also having problem with this phone which i googled and found to be a common problem and not the car's problem. I changed another Android phone and all works well. Another thing is to check your USB cable to have the USB logo and not some random cable

Yes it is working now after installing Andriod Auto apk, it cannot be found in Playstore in Spore need to search from google and installed :)
  • Praise 1

I'm super heavy footed. Barely hit 10 km/L. Could also be the <6 km daily commute in neighbourhood traffic lol.

Any short distance commute sure will get bad FC...doesnt matter which/what car...except probably a hybrid

Everything also ask for compensation / vouchers. U scrap your car exactly on the last day? Must be quite tiring to count until like that.

He give u prorated coe, 28,000 coe / 10 years / 365 days = $7.67 per day.

Insurance $1000 / 365 = $0.27 per day.

$7.67 + 0.27 = $7.94

$7.94 x 7 = $55.60

So compensate $55.60? Lol.

COE 42k == $11.5 per day

Insurance 1,600= $4.38 per day

Road tax S768 = $2.10 per day

$17.98x7=$125

• Praise 1

Any short distance commute sure will get bad FC...doesnt matter which/what car...except probably a hybrid

Indeed, start/stop all the time. Surely poor. Struggling to reach 1000k on 2 full tanks
  • Praise 1

Wrong...they drive the vehicles to sin ming....i check the HP front camera during collection......thus its around 20km++ 1 way...round trip 40km++

Wah Lao, what if they involve in accident? Reassign the car? Further delay.... Edited by wilsonkeat
  • Praise 1

What the ??? They supposed to load the new cars on trailers. Cut cost until like that?

Wah Lao, what if they involve in accident? Reassign the car? Further delay....

Same as using trailer, if the trailer topple, many cars damage, even worse.

anw some good calculation by tailtwist, throw in body depreciation, now we know about  $22.

Edited by Matrix0405

35 psi is just nice, i always pump my tyres with this pressure. I still have 1 weeks to my first service... i have clock over 1k km liao... anyway i have be getting 13.5 to 14km/l on meter 75% highway. on paper is ard 12.5 to 13 km/l, i think it is very decent FC.

i do however have an weird issue (dunno if it is an issue), after i park car for more then 4-5hours, the brake pedal will be harden, not space to depress it. After i start car, it become normal again. this only happen after 1week after i collect car. i thinking if any of you have this issue?

Did you pump the brake paddle a few times when you were testing it? Next time try again, off the engine and pump the brake paddle, the brake will feel hard.

This is perfectly normal because your car has a power assisted brake using vacuum booster, when the engine is off, the booster is no more working , there is a safety leak valve that shuts the booster to ensure no more air going into the booster. This is to ensure you could still brake your car in case you lose engine power. If you put your foot on the paddle and switch on the engine again, the paddle will sink silightly, the soft effect will come back when the vacuum pump starts to work again.

But caution, brake efficiency drops drastically when engine is off , dont try it.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 3

Did you press the brake paddle a few times after you off your engine?

nope. today the brake is ok...

Did you pump the brake paddle a few times when you were testing it? Next time try again, off the engine and pump the brake paddle, the brake will feel hard.

This is perfectly normal because your car has a power assisted brake using vacuum booster, when the engine is off, the booster is no more working , there is a safety leak valve that shuts the booster to ensure no more air going into the booster. This is to ensure you could still brake your car in case you lose engine power. If you put your foot on the paddle and switch on the engine again, the paddle will sink silightly, the soft effect will come back when the vacuum pump starts to work again.

But caution, brake efficiency drops drastically when engine is off , dont try it.

yes, it is normal... what i am experiencing is the brake become hard after long hour of parking, e.g over night. i am suspecting some leakage of the vaccum, not brake fluid.

• Praise 2

Typical of us to be so self entitled, knn everything ask for voucher/compensation. What's 50km compared to the 100000km+/- you gonna drive over the span of ur ownership.

Look at the big picture than harping on some small issue.

• Praise 6
  • Dislike 1

hi bro out there, have anyone tried carplay on iphone5s?

Mine having blank screen and later disconnected.

need to send back kmc for checking?

Thanks

I didn’t try iPhone 5s. Tried iPhone X, works fine for navigation, but some songs cannot be played from the phone when selected from car touch screen display.

• Praise 1

When I collect my car i check the mileage is <35km... I dont think they drive the car to Sin Ming because:-

But I am quite sure they drive the car from the port to their warehouse in Penjuru area around 10km, i alway see new un-registered Hyundai car running on AYE and exit at Jurong port road exit.

"Assume" they drive from Penjuru to Alexandra showroom makes another 10+km.....

That car is so nice! I love this. ;)

I loved this car too.

• Praise 1

I've been shifting to neutral gear at the traffic light for the pass 25 years of driving automatic car. It has no problem at all. And i always left the gear at neutral when engine off. Just collected my new ride elantra 3 days ago. Unfortunately, this ride has to be at parking gear when engine off, if not, chime sound will alarmed.

I also always shift to N at the traffic light and queue, so far no problem on previous car... 

• Praise 1

When I collect my car i check the mileage is <35km... I dont think they drive the car to Sin Ming because:-

But I am quite sure they drive the car from the port to their warehouse in Penjuru area around 10km, i alway see new un-registered Hyundai car running on AYE and exit at Jurong port road exit.

"Assume" they drive from Penjuru to Alexandra showroom makes another 10+km.....

I loved this car too.

But he said he saw the camera footage ....anyway I think not true. They definitely do not drive to sin ming

But he said he saw the camera footage ....anyway I think not true. They definitely do not drive to sin ming

Maybe for special case like customer rush them to deliver .... the SE has to drive to sin ming ?
↡ Advertisement