2016 Hyundai Elantra / Avante

Hshs

Not smooth means oil no good? There are thousands of components in a car. Not smooth can mean mean many things

This is getting off topic and unconstructive.

U buy kopi from stall A, not nice....buy from stall B, nice. Next day, stall A got offer....try again....still not nice..... There are thousands of factors....it’s still a cup of kopi, it still serves the purpose, but not nice means not nice. Give me free I drink, ask me pay, I rather buy from stall B.

Anyway...i shall not carry with this discussion about engine oil unless it’s in a proper dedicated thread.

U want to win let u win.

I saw a SMG plate last night already...but it’s a bidded number

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

If you want to modify many things, go for Basic and buy stuff from taobao to become Elite.

Else, S should be good enough for ppl who dunno how to mod car...

Most likely will choose s ver. Do you have any se contact?
  • Praise 2

Any opinions for the 2nd time service Is necessary at six months even not hit 10k mileage?

Yes....but I think you can delay slightly....ultimately depends on the engine oil color/texture that's been sitting inside your engine compartment...i can understand from the red plates/off-peak cars

• Praise 1

Any opinions for the 2nd time service Is necessary at six months even not hit 10k mileage?

Yes, you can arrange +/- 2 weeks I think no much issue. But too long is not advisable as you need to use of the 1 year free service for 20k mileage exactly within 1 year from the date your vehicle is registered. (If eligible for 1 year free service which is also in my case).

Yes, you can arrange +/- 2 weeks I think no much issue. But too long is not advisable as you need to use of the 1 year free service for 20k mileage exactly within 1 year from the date your vehicle is registered. (If eligible for 1 year free service which is also in my case).
  • Praise 1

For those folks that bought engine oil at giant, online or other places, usually where you guys service the car? Any good workshop recommended on west area that allow bring own oil and oil filter? And also will issue receipt as proof of service? Beside, can we buy oil filter at komoco?

Autobac Bukit Batok offers original oil filter and oil at 170 per service. Not sure anyone use this service?
  • Praise 1

Its not low grade lah........Do you think a reputable oil company will manufacture such oils? This so called low grade oil is affecting the sales of other more expensive oils. So as a competitor what you do? Spread bad words about Shell oil

It is fit-for-purpose oil, not the best but fit for purpose!

Be aware when buying 5w40 from Giant / FairPrice. The car manual calls for 5w20 or 5w30. 5w40 is not indicated.

JB got sell LiquiMoly 5w30 for ~RM250

Most likely will choose s ver. Do you have any se contact?

PMed 10char
  • Praise 1

Be aware when buying 5w40 from Giant / FairPrice. The car manual calls for 5w20 or 5w30. 5w40 is not indicated.

PMed 10char

KMC uses 5w40 lor.
  • Praise 1

PMed 10char

Car manual doesn't indicate 5w40 implicit.....but because of the operating temp ranges....5w40 can be used

Edited by tailtwist

PMed 10char

Hope Giant will bring in cheap and good 5W30 oil. These W30 also profit margin very high and there is a big gap to play and more and more cars can handle lighter engine oil.

• Praise 1

PMed 10char

Shell 5w40 is used by KMC workshop on free servicing or when you don't bring your own oil for ELANTRA.

I've one question. If left with half tank of Ron 95 petrol, is it ok and will there be any impact if you pump Ron 92 petrol till full tank?

No problem... lowest RON acceptable by this car is 90. But looking at the pump price... 92 and 95 different by only 3-4cent, 40 liters full tank different about 2 dollars. No point to pump 92, go pump in JB best :) half price lol Edited by Vicloo

I had refill for the first time last week. Low tank to 47L full tank. I didn’t have such observation. Was it the average FC for the trip when u turn off the engine? Or the FC display during driving?

My experience still about 10-11km/L FC; thinking of trying out the MOBIL1 gold 0W40 to see if FC can improve. Any other got better FC experience my full tank 40-L get about 400k only

• Praise 2

My experience still about 10-11km/L FC; thinking of trying out the MOBIL1 gold 0W40 to see if FC can improve. Any other got better FC experience my full tank 40-L get about 400k only

I have just finished a full tank about 47L. get about 550KM++ approximately. So FC is about 11.7KM/L. Next Thursday will be 1st 1000 KM servicing. Edited by wilsonkeat
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1